Prices plan for HI , is not much of a plan at all.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Price actually lays out how much people would receive. The credits would be adjusted by age, ranging from $1,200 for those age 18 to 35 to $3,000 for those age 50 and up.

This provision would help enrollees who make too much to receive Obamacare's federal subsidies. Middle class Americans -- a single person earning more than $47,520 or a family of four with an income of at least $97,200 -- have complained about the high cost of unsubsidized Obamacare premiums.

Under Obamacare, lower-income enrollees receive subsidies that can lower the cost of coverage to just under 10% of their annual income.

Obamacare's subsidies are much more generous for those who qualify. Take a 27-year-old with an income of $25,000 a year. He can receive an average of $1,920 in subsidies to pay for the benchmark Obamacare plan, which will cost an average of $3,624 in 2017, according to federal data. But under Price's plan, he'd only receive $1,200 to offset the price.

Likewise, a family of four earning $60,000 would receive $8,232 in Obamacare subsidies, on average, to pay for a benchmark plan costing an average of $13,080. That family would receive only $6,000 under Price's plan, assuming there are two parents between the ages of 35 and 50 and two children under the age of 18.

Another way Price's plan would hurt the poor is the elimination of Medicaid expansion that would accompany a repeal of Obamacare. Ryan and Trump have said they would maintain some protection of low-income adults, but Price doesn't mention any substitute.

Older Americans would also likely see their premiums rise under Price's plan. Obamacare restricts insurers from charging older enrollees more than three times what they charge the young. But Price's plan eliminates that rule. While Americans older than 50 would receive larger tax credits than younger folks, it would likely not cover the same share of the deductible.

How Tom Price, Trump's health secretary pick, would replace Obamacare

This will never work, you know I have watched premiums skyrocket since Bush in 2001. Taking away Medicaid expansion, so as in Texas a family of 3 would need to make over 8 grand a year to receive help, and also no adults without children would qualify. They have taken away Planned Parenthood,

so let me ask you , do you want to see dying people laying around all over.

First they take ones job, or only let employees work enough hours not to qualify for bennies, then they take away health insurance.

Heres another issue, I know my husbands parents did not make enough, and we helped support them,

Guess what you young adults when they mess with seniors and disabled they will need your help as well, yes help to buy them food, help to replace their furnaces, they may even have to live with you.

Price actually lays out how much people would receive. The credits would be adjusted by age, ranging from $1,200 for those age 18 to 35 to $3,000 for those age 50 and up.

This provision would help enrollees who make too much to receive Obamacare's federal subsidies. Middle class Americans -- a single person earning more than $47,520 or a family of four with an income of at least $97,200 -- have complained about the high cost of unsubsidized Obamacare premiums.

Under Obamacare, lower-income enrollees receive subsidies that can lower the cost of coverage to just under 10% of their annual income.

Obamacare's subsidies are much more generous for those who qualify. Take a 27-year-old with an income of $25,000 a year. He can receive an average of $1,920 in subsidies to pay for the benchmark Obamacare plan, which will cost an average of $3,624 in 2017, according to federal data. But under Price's plan, he'd only receive $1,200 to offset the price.

Likewise, a family of four earning $60,000 would receive $8,232 in Obamacare subsidies, on average, to pay for a benchmark plan costing an average of $13,080. That family would receive only $6,000 under Price's plan, assuming there are two parents between the ages of 35 and 50 and two children under the age of 18.

Another way Price's plan would hurt the poor is the elimination of Medicaid expansion that would accompany a repeal of Obamacare. Ryan and Trump have said they would maintain some protection of low-income adults, but Price doesn't mention any substitute.

Older Americans would also likely see their premiums rise under Price's plan. Obamacare restricts insurers from charging older enrollees more than three times what they charge the young. But Price's plan eliminates that rule. While Americans older than 50 would receive larger tax credits than younger folks, it would likely not cover the same share of the deductible.

This will never work, you know I have watched premiums skyrocket since Bush in 2001. Taking away Medicaid expansion, so as in Texas a family of 3 would need to make over 8 grand a year to receive help, and also no adults without children would qualify. They have taken away Planned Parenthood,

First they take ones job, or only let employees work enough hours not to qualify for bennies, then they take away health insurance.

Heres another issue, I know my husbands parents did not make enough, and we helped support them,

Guess what you young adults when they mess with seniors and disabled they will need your help as well, yes help to buy them food, help to replace their furnaces, they may even have to live with you.

Oh look a far left drone uses the Clinton News Network for their "facts"!

Premiums have been much higher under Obama because Of Obamacare.

Last edited:

No they have not. My husband has been in IC since 94, and I know what I'm talking about.

No they have not. My husband has been in IC since 94, and I know what I'm talking about.

No you are a far left drone and you are following your religious dogma over facts!

^^^^^^^^^^^^ rightwing bible thumping fecal matter

No you are a far left drone and you are following your religious dogma over facts!

Like I told you they have not. What the heck does Far Left have to do with anything when I am right?

So is this against the Dems or the ACA? Which is it.

Like I told you they have not. What the heck does Far Left have to do with anything when I am right?

Yes you are far left drone!

And you can only quote the Clinton News Network as your "facts"..

How about post the actual bills, instead of far left commentary?

So is this against the Dems or the ACA? Which is it.[/QUOTE]

How about post the actual bills, instead of far left commentary?[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just look them up. I get tired of talking to children.

Oh the irony impaired far left drones and their comments!

It is not up to me, it is up to you to prove it.

So far all you have posted is far left religious dogma from a far left Hack "news" source.

So far all you have posted is far left religious dogma from a far left Hack "news" source.

Since you know nothing about the ACA , I'd like to refer you to my other posts on it. First you need to know what it is, then we can discuss it.

Since you know nothing about the ACA , I'd like to refer you to my other posts on it. First you need to know what it is, then we can discuss it.

It is funny that a far left drone claims that someone does not know something!

You have yet to prove anything other than being a far left drone!

I know it is horrid law and it is not working!

It needs to be replaced.

And I probably know more about Obamacare than you.

But you can not back up your comments with links to actual bills, just links to a far left drone hack site..

That is why you far left drones always loose!

It all depends on circumstances for each individual.
It might be a blessing from God to you, but to another person, it might be enough to break them. just like I cant claim that everyone is going to see the prices I would have to endure should I be forced onto an ACA plan, you also can not paint a total picture of the ACA based on just what it has done for you.
And thus my issue with the ACA, Do I honestly want to see someone go without insurance, or lose everything they own because of medical bills that suddenly come up, or as in your case, are constant for a long duration? No, I dont. However on the opposite side of things I have to ask, for those that do not receive a subsidy and end up paying the full amount, is it fair to them to have to drastically alter their lifestyle in order to cover their health plan costs.
If I was with the ACA right now with everything in my life as it is, I would be in a dangerous position.
If something happened today that put one of my family members into a long term care situation, I would not be able to make the deductible, or as its called, out of pocket, without first having to decide which current bill is not going to be met. My current insurance would cover things and I would not have any financial concerns with a long term care situation, with the ACA I would be in trouble. If I were the one needing the care, and I was able to at least speak and make decisions, I would have to choose to refuse treatment in order to make sure my family would be able to maintain their lifestyle after I passed away.

Forum List

Back