Presidential Candidate Éric Zemmour wants French students to learn Latin and Greek. We should want that for America, too, my friends!

I'd be happy if we could atleast get all Americans to learn English to start with.

Switzerland won't even let you become a citizen till you speak their language fluently.

There are a lot of places where employees have to have some translate for them because they don't speak English.

I'd be happy if we could at least get all Americans to learn English to start with.
Ignorant and Unstructured Grammar Leads to Ignorant and Unstructured Thought

College graduates have a Sixth Grader's knowledge of grammar. If you don't pay students, you get what you pay for: no-talent brown-noses who would never get accepted at colleges if they had to compete with intelligent people who had self-respect. It doesn't matter what GPA a Diploma Dumbo has; he gets that by cramming for exams and doesn't have the mental ability to retain knowledge.

Hell...the left doesn't want them learning cursive. Or how to do math other than using a calculator. Dumbing down our kids for decades...that's the left's goals for our youth.

Hell...the left doesn't want them learning cursive. .....
I haven't heard any of them oppose it, but it is a waste of time. If someone has the time to kill, they can learn water painting, glass blowing, or juggling too if they want.

"it's not Paris anymore, it's Afghanistan" - Zemmour

he gets into a shouting match with communist candidate Jean Luc Melanchon over Islam

Last edited:
this is how we stay exceptional, western civilization that is

I can see the benefit to latin, and it was offered in my high school…but not greek.

I took spanish, for three years, french was also offered

are foreign languages not offered in other states?

Dead languages are stupid
Imprimatur Ut Imperemus

Not only that, but the teachers avoid interesting relevance, such as teaching Catholics the altar-boy Latin when they used to hear it at Mass. I doubt if any classics teacher explained the Latin on our dollar bill: Annuit Coeptis (Audacibus omitted to save space) "God favors those who take risks."

Even in a secular school, New Testament Greek is the best primer, not Xenophon's complicated style. At a Jesuit high school, I read the Odyssey in Greek that was Ancient Greek to the Ancient Greeks, as obsolete as Shakespeare is to modern English.

In Russian we read outdated works by Tolstoy and Turgenev, instead of normal modern dialogue, or at least the slick rhetoric of Pravda.

"i have no Nazis supporting me. that's pretty clear" - Eric Zemmour

FK_ycavWYAEZR3G

I'd be happy if we could at least get all Americans to learn English to start with.

Switzerland won't even let you become a citizen till you speak their language fluently.

There are a lot of places where employees have to have some translate for them because they don't speak English.
Bolded sentence is the thread win.

Forum List

Back