President Trump vows to end radical left-wing indoctrination and anti-American sentiment in educational system. He is creating the "1776 Commission".

Those who don't remember history are doomed to repeat it. That means that we not only have to remember the good things this country has done so we can keep doing them, but we also need to remember the bad things like slavery and the attempted genocide of Native Americans so we don't repeat those.

Sorry, but history is neither all good, nor all bad, it is a mix of both, and any attempts to edit out part of that history amounts to censorship and propaganda.
Yeah, that's what the left's been doing for decades. That's why so many Communists are coming out of our universities.

As one of the most important maneuvers to enact Chinese nationalism, the Communist government launched an extensive propaganda campaign of patriotic education after the Tiananmen Incident in 1989. The patriotic education campaign was well-engineered and appealed to nationalism in the name of patriotism to ensure loyalty in a population that was otherwise subject to many domestic discontents.

Sound Familiar

The patriotic education campaign was a state-led nationalist movement, which redefined the legitimacy of the post-Tiananmen leadership in a way that would permit the Communist Party's rule to continue on the basis of a non-Communist ideology. Patriotism was thus used to bolster CCP power in a country that was portrayed as besieged and embattled. The dependence on patriotism to build support for the government and the patriotic education campaign by the Communist propagandists were directly responsible for the nationalistic sentiment of the Chinese people in the mid-1990s.

Trump calls for Patriotic Education

except for the fact he wants constitutional history and china wants communist history,,,

nice try but all you did was make yourself look stupid,,,
Sorry Red, it is about the use of the state to inculcate youth into one narrative of history.
as long as its factual whats your problem???
Patriotic Education is a loaded term. Like the phrase “enemy of the people“ that Trump loves to bandy about, the term “Patriotic Education“ has its antecedents in the communist world.

I found it interesting the rationale for the Chinese patriotic education and Trump’s were very similar.
Do you find it similarly interesting that leftist control of education produces Communists, just like the Soviet Union?

As one of the most important maneuvers to enact Chinese nationalism, the Communist government launched an extensive propaganda campaign of patriotic education after the Tiananmen Incident in 1989. The patriotic education campaign was well-engineered and appealed to nationalism in the name of patriotism to ensure loyalty in a population that was otherwise subject to many domestic discontents.

Sound Familiar

The patriotic education campaign was a state-led nationalist movement, which redefined the legitimacy of the post-Tiananmen leadership in a way that would permit the Communist Party's rule to continue on the basis of a non-Communist ideology. Patriotism was thus used to bolster CCP power in a country that was portrayed as besieged and embattled. The dependence on patriotism to build support for the government and the patriotic education campaign by the Communist propagandists were directly responsible for the nationalistic sentiment of the Chinese people in the mid-1990s.

except for the fact he wants constitutional history and china wants communist history,,,

Sorry Red, it is about the use of the state to inculcate youth into one narrative of history.
Patriotic Education is a loaded term. Like the phrase enemy of the people that Trump loves to bandy about, Patriotic Education has its antecedents in the communist world.

I found it interesting the rationale for the Chinese patriotic education and Trump’s were very similar.
well considering youre a fucking idiot with severe TDS,,what you find interesting is irrelevant,,,
LOl....Listen Red I know you are triggered but you are supporting commie style education if you support Trump’s form of state sponsored patriotism.
education is education,,it all depends on what youre teaching,,

why are you so afraid of teaching accurate american history???
Because leftism can't propagate unless it's forced upon people too unsophisticated to question it.

No rational adult chooses leftism.

Sound Familiar

Patriotic Education is a loaded term. Like the phrase enemy of the people that Trump loves to bandy about, Patriotic Education has its antecedents in the communist world.

well considering youre a fucking idiot with severe TDS,,what you find interesting is irrelevant,,,
LOl....Listen Red I know you are triggered but you are supporting commie style education if you support Trump’s form of state sponsored patriotism.
education is education,,it all depends on what youre teaching,,

why are you so afraid of teaching accurate american history???

The history I learned were from history books put out by educators and vetted by locally controlled groups. They were not put out by politicians sitting in the federal government who had a vested interest to highlight some areas of history or purge others. I am sure under Trump’s “patriotic education” he is the best president ever and his daughter Ivanka the smartest first daughter ever. Do you get the point now?

There is no doubt that Trump is the most ridiculous person imaginable to initiate any American educational program. He is truly illiterate about our history, and world history. Talk of patriotism cannot he left to hucksters and conmen and scoundrels — though they and politicians are the types who most often pretend to be “patriotic.”

The first minutes of the speech prepared for him was, for me, impossible to listen to. Trump’s speech lathered on about how a “patriotic education” must teach our students about the “nobility of the American character“ — but character must be taught by example and lived, not proclaimed as inherent in any people.

Next Trump announced our Constitution of 1787 was the culmination of “1,000 years of Western Civilization,” which made me laugh at the thought that the kernel of “Western Civilization” might have roots going back to the year ... 787 !

That said, there are indeed problems with the “1619 Project“ pushed by the liberal New York Times. There is no space here to outline those problems, or to talk about “critical race theory.“ Propaganda and indoctrination are twin dangers that educators and the public must learn to better recognize and oppose, in our media especially, but also when necessary in our schools. Neither can be countered by introducing “patriotic education” which is just hagiography of the USA.
Yeah, yeah, America sucks, we get it.

Yawn.

Sound Familiar

More of Trump pandering to the social right – most of whom are bigots and racists.

There’s nothing ‘un-American’ about teaching facts concerning slavery, its role in American history, and the existing racism and hate that exists today.
"White people suck" is not education. It's indoctrination.

And it's not at all surprising that you don't get the difference.

There is no doubt that Trump is the most ridiculous person imaginable to initiate any American educational program. He is truly illiterate about our history, and world history. Talk of patriotism cannot he left to hucksters and conmen and scoundrels — though they and politicians are the types who most often pretend to be “patriotic.”

The first minutes of the speech prepared for him was, for me, impossible to listen to. Trump’s speech lathered on about how a “patriotic education” must teach our students about the “nobility of the American character“ — but character must be taught by example and lived, not proclaimed as inherent in any people.

Next Trump announced our Constitution of 1787 was the culmination of “1,000 years of Western Civilization,” which made me laugh at the thought that the kernel of “Western Civilization” might have roots going back to the year ... 787 !

That said, there are indeed problems with the “1619 Project“ pushed by the liberal New York Times. There is no space here to outline those problems, or to talk about “critical race theory.“ Propaganda and indoctrination are twin dangers that educators and the public must learn to better recognize and oppose, in our media especially, but also when necessary in our schools. Neither can be countered by introducing “patriotic education” which is just hagiography of the USA.
Yawn.
You “get” nothing....

But I don’t write — and real historians don’t write — for people like you, who have already made up their minds about every issue, and refuse to read anything challenging and new.

Those who are interested, should refer to my long comment #78. I would love a serious and respectful discussion with somebody. Liberals who have defended the 1619 Project are especially encouraged to engage.

Last edited:
You refer to the “1619 Project” launched in 2019 by New York Times Magazine and led by Op-Ed columnist Nicole Hannah-Jones, as “radical left.” That is your first mistake. Bad history is bad history, and those who early pointed out the errors of the NYT’s 1619 Project included most notably Trotskyist leftists as well as diverse African American scholars such as ... Princeton historian Nell Painter, leftist Professor Adolph Reed, Columbia's John McWhorter (a liberal centrist) and Brown's George Loury (a moderate conservative). These were not minor African-American scholars.

Don't care about the "batting order".. Someone POWERFUL is pushing this crap into schools.. All I want to know is who is RESPONSIBLE for this and who's gonna stop it... It didn't come "out of nowhere"...

My point is your own immersion in the raging culture and political wars seems to make you see Trump as the only “adult” in the room, when in fact he is probably the least mature or knowledgeable person in the discussion. His comments during the culture wars have been, in my opinion, extremely ignorant and inflammatory, and like much far right criticism, he doesn’t stop at criticizing errors but counterposes an, imo, broadly false “Essentialist” view of American history. Seeing this controversy only through the lens of extreme rightwing “intellectuals” on the internet or in the media ... is bound to mislead.

He provides the focus and LEADERSHIP to fix crap like this.. Only a person NOT IMMERSED in the primitive tribal warfare can accomplish such a thing. Need MORE "outsiders" that focus on fixing stuff and LESS apparatchiks making excuses for crap...

"extreme right wing 'intellectuals' -- are not the ONLY ONES noticing the propagandizing and inappropriate indoctrination of our kids.. Post -Covid -- this is GONNA BE remedied by "free market solutions" that make "public education" as irrelevant as a "steel workers' union...

I LIKE "essentialism" for K-12... Our kids are failing basic history in National testing.. You make it sound dirty... ACADEMICS WITH AGENDAS are as compromised as "activist scientists in labcoats" moving political agendas and policy... Don't NEED deep dives into "critical race theory" or the SAD TRUTH about the racist origins of the Democrat party until you're well into college curriculum.. It's all WASTED on kids with no real interest in history anyways..

Yawn.
You “get” nothing....

But I don’t write — and real historians don’t write — for people like you, who have already made up their minds about every issue, and refuse to read anything challenging and new.

Those who are interested, should refer to my long comment #78. I would love a serious and respectful discussion with somebody. Liberals who have defended the 1619 Project are especially encouraged to engage.

We're talking about KIDS here. Ones that don't read the entire encyclopedia for fun.. BASIC knowledge is NOT an awful crime. And with the "lowered bar" for public K-12 curriculum -- you should be THRILLED if the kids even retain that.

Yawn.
You “get” nothing....

We're talking about KIDS here. Ones that don't read the entire encyclopedia for fun.. BASIC knowledge is NOT an awful crime. And with the "lowered bar" for public K-12 curriculum -- you should be THRILLED if the kids even retain that.

Quick question Flacaltenn................have YOU ever read the entire encylopedia for fun yourself? Me? I've read lots of parts of them, but only for the places I was interested in. Did you read the whole thing? I'm guessing not, but it sure sounds like a good talking point for the uneducated.

However..............................when I was 7, I got an entire series of Time/Life books, and read all of them cover to cover.

Yawn.
You “get” nothing....

You write in hopes of people kissing your ass.

How's that working out for you?

Yawn.
You “get” nothing....

Quick question Flacaltenn................have YOU ever read the entire encylopedia for fun yourself? Me? I've read lots of parts of them, but only for the places I was interested in. Did you read the whole thing? I'm guessing not, but it sure sounds like a good talking point for the uneducated.

However..............................when I was 7, I got an entire series of Time/Life books, and read all of them cover to cover.
When I was a kid, my folks got a set of World Book encyclopedias, and the yearbooks they published for several years.

I'd pull a volume down, and just flip through it, reading random articles. Fascinating stuff. I wound up reading the entire set over a period of years.

So, according to your logic, that makes me smarter than you.

Forum List

Back