President Trump is exploring the possibility of suing universities over racist affirmative action

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie
Report: Trump seeks to sue schools over affirmative action seen to hurt whites

The Trump administration is directing the Justice Department to explore whether it can sue institutions of higher education over affirmative action policies that the White House deems discriminatory against white applicants, The New York Times is reporting.

The Times based its report on a document that it obtained.

The internal announcement to the Justice Department's civil rights division puts out a call for lawyers interested in working on a new project focused on "investigations and possible litigation related to intentional race-based discrimination in college and university admissions," the Times reported.

Supporters and detractors of the project told the Times that the project was clearly going after programs that benefit black and Latino students and other groups.

Roger Clegg, a key official in the civil rights division in the Reagan and Bush administrations, told the Times that the project was "long overdue."

"The civil rights laws were deliberately written to protect everyone from discrimination, and it is frequently the case that not only are whites discriminated against now, but frequently Asian-Americans are as well," Clegg said...

This is fucking awesome. Trump didn't even campaign on this issue to the best of my knowledge, but Asians are discriminated against the most under affirmative action. And, of course, White people are also unfairly penalized under affirmative action.

Race-based affirmative action in colleges should be banned outright. I could support some limited socioeconomic-based affirmative action. I.e., if you grew up in the worst part of Watts to gangbanging, crackhead parents, then you should get some slight boost over, say, Donald Trump's kids in college admissions (all other things being equal like test scores, grades, extracurricular activities, etc.). But race, gender, religion, etc. should have nothing to do with it.

If Donald Trump pulls this off, he will be doing more for Asian-Americans than any Democrat has ever done.

The Trump administration is directing the Justice Department to explore whether it can sue institutions of higher education over affirmative action policies that the White House deems discriminatory against white applicants, The New York Times is reporting.

The internal announcement to the Justice Department's civil rights division puts out a call for lawyers interested in working on a new project focused on "investigations and possible litigation related to intentional race-based discrimination in college and university admissions," the Times reported.

Supporters and detractors of the project told the Times that the project was clearly going after programs that benefit black and Latino students and other groups.

Roger Clegg, a key official in the civil rights division in the Reagan and Bush administrations, told the Times that the project was "long overdue."

"The civil rights laws were deliberately written to protect everyone from discrimination, and it is frequently the case that not only are whites discriminated against now, but frequently Asian-Americans are as well," Clegg said...

This is fucking awesome. Trump didn't even campaign on this issue to the best of my knowledge, but Asians are discriminated against the most under affirmative action. And, of course, White people are also unfairly penalized under affirmative action.

Race-based affirmative action in colleges should be banned outright. I could support some limited socioeconomic-based affirmative action. I.e., if you grew up in the worst part of Watts to gangbanging, crackhead parents, then you should get some slight boost over, say, Donald Trump's kids in college admissions (all other things being equal like test scores, grades, extracurricular activities, etc.). But race, gender, religion, etc. should have nothing to do with it.

If Donald Trump pulls this off, he will be doing more for Asian-Americans than any Democrat has ever done.

I seer nothing wrong with affirmative action programs. I think the Supreme Court came up with a solid ruling in the Bakke case. It barred quotas but allowed colleges to give a few extra points for being a minority. I see nothing wrong with colleges seeking diversity in their student body. This is the alt-right at work.

Affirmative action can't fix blacks low IQ levels

This is about blacks with high IQ and how threatening they are to underachieving whites looking for an excuse for their failures.

Go to city college and prove you belong at University. Stop using the courts whites to get that which you have not earned.

Affirmative action can't fix blacks low IQ levels

This is about blacks with high IQ and how threatening they are to underachieving whites looking for an excuse for their failures.

Go to city college and prove you belong at University. Stop using the courts whites to get that which you have not earned.

If they have high IQs, they can get in on merit alone.

Yeah...because the white man just can't catch a break in America today, LMAO.

Another laughable trump boner he's spewing out.

Brilliant move. The far-left racists and self-haters here are furious and fuming!

Nothing can be done to help the negro to be as intelligent as other races

I thought blacks wanted to be treated equally?
Seems that is not the case.

I seer nothing wrong with affirmative action programs. I think the Supreme Court came up with a solid ruling in the Bakke case. It barred quotas but allowed colleges to give a few extra points for being a minority. I see nothing wrong with colleges seeking diversity in their student body. This is the alt-right at work.
i see you are all for discrimination.

Trump got into Penn because of his dads money . White people AA is just fine , but a couple blacks get in and there's hell to pay !

New Topics

Forum List

Back