President Andrew Cuomo to the National Guard: "So I say, my friends, that we go out there today and we kick coronavirus ass"

When you’ve got governors with stratospheric approval ratings for their handling of the crisis, and ratings that are 30 points higher than Trump’s, and you have governors from states like California and NY and Illinois leading the crisis response — all big-name, major-league governors — you’re going to see that leadership reflected in polls for the presidency in future election years

This is the kind of stuff that gets forged and built into your resume.

Last edited:
just some of Cuomo's achievements throughout his career, other than saving NY and US from corona:

"campaign manager for his father, asst district attorney in NYC, private law practice, founded Housing Enterprise for the Less Privileged (HELP USA), chair of the New York City Homeless Commission, from 1990 to 1993, worked in the Bill Clinton Administration "

Trump's been acting like an ass lately, will he ever get over it that this is happening on his watch? not likely, my friends, not likely

Stacey Abrams will be my choice for a VP running mate for (assumedly) Joe Biden (or whomever). At this point, I will hope that there is a brokered convention and that Andrew Cuomo is nominated and he chooses Stacey as his running mate.

i like strong-minded leaders who take risks to solve problems and exercize authority and are confident to deal with the consquences

President Cuomo fits the bill, my friends. he has passion and commitment

from the NYT:

"
Today, New York state reached a miserable milestone.⁣

Over the course of nearly five weeks, the coronavirus has killed more New Yorkers than the terrorists who flew airplanes into the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. And the death toll is only expected to grow — by leaps and bounds.⁣

The terrorists killed about 2,700 people in New York state. The coronavirus has so far killed 2,935 state residents — moms, dads, grandparents, brothers and sisters, a grim toll that’s straining the state’s morgues and funeral homes.⁣

The symbolism of this landmark moment and its potential implications for New York are not lost on those who live here, in the American epicenter of the disease"

from FOX News:

"With coronavirus deaths surging in New York, Cuomo announced Friday he will use his authority to seize ventilators and protective gear from private hospitals and companies that aren’t using them, complaining that states are competing against each other for vital equipment in eBay-like bidding wars.

⁣“If they want to sue me for borrowing their excess ventilators to save lives, let them sue me,” Cuomo said. ⁣

⁣He added that he will eventually return the equipment or compensate the owners.

⁣The executive order he said he would sign represents one of the most aggressive efforts yet in the US to deal with the kind of critical shortages around the world that authorities say have caused health care workers to fall sick and forced doctors in Europe to make life-or-death decisions about which patients get a breathing machine."

In the midst of financial and political uncertainty, voters are turning to someone they perceive as less risky and more stable than Trump. And that someone is President Cuomo.

states that are still pleading for medical equipment and aid need to be Rosie The Riveter...a cultural icon whose "We Can Do It!" slogan became a symbol of the American WWII effort

that's the kind of leadership President Cuomo is providing, my friends

The next week is going to be our Pearl Harbor moment. It’s going to be our 9/11 moment

It’s going to be the hardest moment for many Americans in their entire lives, and we really need to understand that if we want to flatten that curve and get through to the other side, everyone needs to do their part, my friends

Cuomo says he is raising potential maximum fine for social distancing violations to $1,000, and implores residents to comply: "You don’t have the right to risk someone else’s life."

from the NYT:
"CAUTIOUS OPTIMISM? Cuomo said deaths statewide have climbed to 4,758 from 4,159 in 24 hours — effectively "flat" for two days straight — with authorities now watching the behavior of the apex and ordering continued use of strict social distancing guidelines. "While none of this is good news," Cuomo said, "the possible flattering of the curve is better than the increases that we have seen." "

Trump can't stand losing a game of "rock, paper, scissors", much less an election that would define his presidency

he would lose if Gov Cuomo was the Dem nominee, my friends!

Of course you also said he'd lose to Clinton, Biden, Warren, Buttigieg, Yang, Klobuchar and the othr 35 Dems that were running.

Trump's been acting like an ass lately, will he ever get over it that this is happening on his watch? not likely, my friends, not likely
To many years and years of bullshit artists saying the proper Rhodes scholar words in front and the inefficient garbage in the rear from it.

It's Trump vs Cuomo... there's no way in hell the DNC lets that trainwreck of a senile old fart on the (virtual) debate stage with DJT... if they did, Biden wouldn't walk right for month afterward...

President Cuomo reacts to data, numbers, and scientists. he's working 24/7

Governor Trump phoned it in

No one should be playing politics with people's health.

We need more testing. We need more ventilators. We need more PPE.

Forum List

Back