Pres. Debate: What about Fast and Furious?

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012

by Mary Chastain
17 Oct 2012

[excerpt]
My colleague John Nolte predicted President Barack Obama would use the debate as an opportunity to take responsibility for Libya. A lot of us were confused when President Obama threw Secretary of State Hillary Clinton under the bus, especially since her husband is an essential campaign prop.

But, true to form as expected, Obama "absolved" Secretary Clinton and took responsibility for Libya.

“Secretary Clinton has done an extraordinary job. But she works for me. I'm the president and I'm always responsible,” said President Obama.

Is President Obama always responsible? Does that include Operation Fast & Furious, the ATF gun walking operation that put 2,000 guns into the hands of Mexican drug cartels. People used these guns to murder Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry and 300+ Mexicans? We also know there was another gun walking operation out of Dallas, TX and those guns were connected to the death of ICE Agent Jaime Zapata in Mexico.

Attorney General Eric Holder and the Department of Justice have done their best to keep documents about Fast & Furious hidden. When it came time to vote on contempt charges against Mr. Holder, President Obama stepped in and put DOJ documents under executive privilege. What is in those documents that have the administration running scared?

Why would President Obama throw Secretary Clinton under the bus while doing everything he can to protect Mr. Holder? Even though he dragged Hillary back out from under the bus, it still brings up questions. Why is the administration more than willing to talk about Libya or the economy or jobs when someone brings up Fast & Furious?

Last night’s debate is a great example. While talking about an assault weapon ban, Governor Mitt Romney finally brought up Fast & Furious, but before he could get the conversation going both President Obama and moderator Candy Crowley interrupted him. Ms. Crowley quickly went back to her original question about a ban even though Governor Romney already answered the question.

So Obama took responsibility for Fast And Furious..Let's be real, Hilary won't have to resign.

What about all the other American made guns that end up in the hands of drug cartels that were not part of F&F? How many people have lost their lives from those guns. Or is it just the guns the ATF lost track of that concerns you? Or is it just a wedge issue Issa and the rabid right used to tried and tarnish this Presidency?

Forum List

Back