Preparing for a Texas like incident wherever you live

HaShev

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2009
Stop blaming others for your lack of emergency preparidness, here's things you can keep in the house for similar emergencies in your town.
1- even in regions without snow, always have all season tires and low temp batteries and emergency supplies in the car/trunk including gloves blankets ski masks etc.
2-precharged battery starter charges and emergency power base in trunk and at home.
3-something that uses very little battery charge but keeps you warm that can be kept under clothes or blankets to keep heat in-those 5pad Electric Heating Pads, with 3 Temperature adjustment for clothes & Winter Camping they are usb powered heat pads so they can plug into usb precharged charger power blocks or laptops, just warm enough to keep your body temperature up under layers of blankets and layers of clothes like thermal undergarments sweat pants and shirts and sweaters and sweat suit jackets etc.2-3 layers of socks Help as well.
To power the usb pads use small wheel chair batteries and an inverter or a solar controller with usb outputs.
Emergency portable heat power and for charging phones use marine batteries that are Deep Cell batteries and a solar panel charger or a flexi panel which can be kept inside the patio door and still charge your deep cell battery with a solar controller and inverter to plug in your heater.
Pick a low watt efficient heater is not easy.
The main thing is to have it directly on you not heat up the house which would eat up your power.
Mainly to keep your nosewarm/ head peeking out the layered blankets-which is where the ski mask helps as well.
In my cabin I did tests to see what temps are tolerable till a heat source is neccessary and for me my max low temp was 42 degrees inside 30 outside, To know your comfort zone is important in recognizing aprox forecasted temps to come and knowing the difference between toughing it out or leaving for better shelter or understanding my heat source hours for rationing the power properly.
Of course I did this to know when not to go camping when forecasts are to hot or to cold, but it also is helpful info in emergency decisions.

Have emergency places to run to, family or friends or kind businesses.

Lastly book a ticket to the North Pole, according to Al Gore and John Kerry there's a warming that is melting ice there.
4ws9vx.jpg

Last edited:
..we had a non-heated/non-AC finished back porch with very poor insulation.......we used to sleep there....had a sleeping bag, two blankets inside it, and something to cover my head--slept perfectly when it was cold....my dad slept there in the summer when it was like a sauna--he was from the Greatest Generation
....we have 0 and minus temps ....I don't feel it all because I dress properly

..we had a non-heated/non-AC finished back porch with very poor insulation.......we used to sleep there....had a sleeping bag, two blankets inside it, and something to cover my head--slept perfectly when it was cold....my dad slept there in the summer when it was like a sauna--he was from the Greatest Generation
Your body can get used to setting gradual temperature changes during seasons but people spoil themselves, so their temperature tolerance is not very good. By keeping my temps gradually lower in the cold season and gradually higher then norm in hot weather I can tolerate temps going out while others suffer being to hot or cold at restaurants, clubs, or being outside.

Your body can get used to setting gradual temperature changes during seasons but people spoil themselves, so their temperature tolerance is not very good. By keeping my temps gradually lower in the cold season and gradually higher then norm in hot weather I can tolerate temps going out while others suffer being to hot or cold at restaurants, clubs, or being outside.
That's a load of shit.

Stop blaming others for your lack of emergency preparidness, here's things you can keep in the house for similar emergencies in your town.
1- even in regions without snow, always have all season tires and low temp batteries and emergency supplies in the car/trunk including gloves blankets ski masks etc.
2-precharged battery starter charges and emergency power base in trunk and at home.
3-something that uses very little battery charge but keeps you warm that can be kept under clothes or blankets to keep heat in-those 5pad Electric Heating Pads, with 3 Temperature adjustment for clothes & Winter Camping they are usb powered heat pads so they can plug into usb precharged charger power blocks or laptops, just warm enough to keep your body temperature up under layers of blankets and layers of clothes like thermal undergarments sweat pants and shirts and sweaters and sweat suit jackets etc.2-3 layers of socks Help as well.
To power the usb pads use small wheel chair batteries and an inverter or a solar controller with usb outputs.
Emergency portable heat power and for charging phones use marine batteries that are Deep Cell batteries and a solar panel charger or a flexi panel which can be kept inside the patio door and still charge your deep cell battery with a solar controller and inverter to plug in your heater.
The main thing is to have it directly on you not heat up the house which would eat up your power.
Mainly to keep your nosewarm/ head peeking out the layered blankets-which is where the ski mask helps as well.
In my cabin I did tests to see what temps are tolerable till a heat source is neccessary and for me my max low temp was 42 degrees inside 30 outside, To know your comfort zone is important in recognizing aprox forecasted temps to come and knowing the difference between toughing it out or leaving for better shelter or understanding my heat source hours for rationing the power properly.
Of course I did this to know when not to go camping when forecasts are to hot or to cold, but it also is helpful info in emergency decisions.

Lastly book a ticket to the North Pole, according to Al Gore and John Kerry there's a warming that is melting ice there.
View attachment 458974
I suggest cave dwellings again. They are naturally heated and cooled, and as Progressives run the economy you have less money available to you to try and prepare for the next great power outages that will be brought to us all by the Left wing hating energy Nazis.

Also consider a horse and buggy again.

View attachment 458974
How about Beijing Biden giving the CCP access to our nationsl power grid?

Someday they could disrupt the whole nations electric supply overnight

Buy a standby generator that can run on propane and install a 500-1000 gallon propane tank dedicated to the generator.

You'll have electricity for weeks if you use it wisely

View attachment 458974

Just let the corporations in Texas do it they seem to be great at it.

Pfft, I’ll just buy more guns and ammo. There’s nothing a dozen AR15s won’t solve.

View attachment 458974
I suggest cave dwellings again. They are naturally heated and cooled, and as Progressives run the economy you have less money available to you to try and prepare for the next great power outages that will be brought to us all by the Left wing hating energy Nazis.

Also consider a horse and buggy again.

Please follow your own suggestion. Caves rarely have Internet Connections and we wouldn't have to sit through your nonsense.

That's a load of shit.
So you don't believe Eskimos exist?

That's a load of shit.
What the hell do the Eskimos have to do with how I live every winter?

That's a load of shit.
You were questioning his ability to withstand extreme cold temps hence the Eskimo comment.

That's a load of shit.
You were questioning his ability to withstand extreme cold temps hence the Eskimo comment.
No, I was questing the logic with claiming that setting in a fifty degree house will make it seem less cold outside.

..my dad LIVED in MINUS 30 F--at the Chosin..and that wasn't wind chill...they had some warming tents, but that wasn't much

View attachment 458974

BINGO! :clap: ^^^

Wake up everyone.

On Joe Biden’s first day in office, he signed an Executive Order (EO) that led to Texans literally freezing to death this past week. Biden claimed his actions were to protect the climate but they helped China and made America less secure.

View attachment 458974

BINGO! :clap: ^^^

Wake up everyone.

On Joe Biden’s first day in office, he signed an Executive Order (EO) that led to Texans literally freezing to death this past week. Biden claimed his actions were to protect the climate but they helped China and made America less secure.

You are blaming Biden for piss poor planning by the Texans? Once again, you are trying to play victim politics. We ain't buying what you are selling. Texas owns this whole thing.

Forum List

Back