Pregnant librarian shot dead. Self Defense?

In hindsight that would have been better but it would have been better if she didn’t take off! She didn’t deserve it but she initiated it
Men won’t understand but I have a strong feeling her pregnancy could have had her triggered more easily than say her “normal” self. She was still fully responsible for the hit and run and for escalating by going inside and coming back out with a gun. Raging hormones do trigger certain women during pregnancy, and noooo this is not giving her an out by any measure, just bringing it into the conversation. I have no clue she could’ve always overreacted emotionally but I can tell you from my personal experience those pregnancy hormones can kind of inflame your mood-at times, just on occasion, given the wrong circumstances. I was nine months pregnant and a rude neighbor in a former neighborhood had her car stereo blasting at 5 AM in the morning with her car door open. It was two hours before I had to get up for work and I was not a happy camper because I hadn’t slept well. Let’s just say we didn’t talk after that morning lol

Men won’t understand but I have a strong feeling her pregnancy could have had her triggered more easily than say her “normal” self. She was still fully responsible for the hit and run and for escalating by going inside and coming back out with a gun. Raging hormones do trigger certain women during pregnancy, and noooo this is not giving her an out by any measure, just bringing it into the conversation. I have no clue she could’ve always overreacted emotionally but I can tell you from my personal experience those pregnancy hormones can kind of inflame your mood-at times, just on occasion, given the wrong circumstances. I was nine months pregnant and a rude neighbor in a former neighborhood had her car stereo blasting at 5 AM in the morning with her car door open. It was two hours before I had to get up for work and I was not a happy camper because I hadn’t slept well. Let’s just say we didn’t talk after that morning lol

Ya gotta take into account she's hispanic.
They're known to fly off the handle and make poor decisions when they're pressed.

Ya gotta take into account she's hispanic.
They're known to fly off the handle and make poor decisions when they're pressed.
I wasn’t aware of that part but you are right that many Hispanics are most expressive with their emotions. I know of a few Hispanic adults who fit that mode, and others who do not. Various ethnic groups have that stereotype but genetic disposition cannot be ruled out as a factor.

Pregnant woman hits motorcycle guy in a minor accident with her Kia. The bike didn't even fall over.

Woman flees scene of the accident. Guy on bike follows her.

Woman goes into house, comes out with a gun.

Man shoots her dead.

Self defense?

100%...

Terrible situation here that ended tragically. I'm a motorcyclist and I do enjoy watching a few youtube channels in regard to motorcycling.
Current trends that I am seeing. There are a lot of motovloggers on the roads and if they have a youtube channel they are looking for material to get views. A very good chance the rider was recording
In many of the videos I watch, especially of accidents or near accidents, motorcyclists will turn and chase the person driving the car and confront. This is a terrible choice. I would not be surprised to find that this group of bikers (not using the term biker to denote 1% biker gangs) are influenced by youtube and or other SM platforms to upload content. And when presented with the opportunity as this situation initially presented, a hit and run, this is a SM gold mine. So the bikers pursued the driver of the car.

The biker should have never pursued. Especially if they have recorded the entire incident and have the plate on camera. But again, wouldn't be surprised to find out they wanted the footage.

Also, when carrying, here in the state of Ohio, you must not initiate or instigate the situation. What will be interesting is how the lawyers will interpret initiating in this situation. The shooter did not brandish his firearm first, but could pursuing the driver back to her home be seen as initiating the situation? I'm curious as to how this will play out.

However, the driver should have NEVER came back outside with a gun and began pointing the gun. At that moment, you are giving anyone with a CHL or who is open carrying the right to defend themselves.

Ohhh and reading the article it says that "Morales"(the driver) intentionally hit the biker and fled. Would love to see the entire video

So he knew she was a librarian?

She was the aggressor, and then she then took off. They followed her and then she retrieved a gun and pointed it at them

She chose bad choices.
I don't think I could shoot a librarian. I mean if a woman pulled a gun on me, first thing I would do is ask "Are you a librarian?" If she said yes I'd ask her to explain that gol-dam Dewey decimal system! By then the cops would be there.

Forum List

Back