predictions anyone?

LuvRPgrl

Aug 11, 2005
I love it when I hear people pontificate on how things will go. Often it is just wishful thinking, or even more often, one person expressing that they think their opinion is superior to others about how things are shaping up. But the true barometer of how well one really understands how things are going is to make some rock solid predictions, and see how accurate they are.
One thing I know for sure, its going to be much closer than the Dems are predicting.
Another thing I know for sure is, when they dont win by as much as they are predicting, if they win either house at all, then they will simply say "well, it doesnt matter, we gained a lot of ground", so it was an overall victory for us.
But fact of the matter is, the Dems are suppose to win in an off year election, and if they dont take both houses, its a loss for them. If they take one, its a draw. If they take both, it will actually be worse for them than if they didnt come the 2008 elections. They simply have NO solutions, and it will become more apparent if they win both senate and congress.

Right now so much crap is being flung around does it really matter who wins in a few weeks? I'm personnally sick of the adult bashing and complete lack of unity uptown. I say fire everyone of them and start over. We need positive ideas and solutions instead of reations and blame shifting.

Dems will gain about ten seats in the House. Not enough to take control, but enough for the Dems to whine about "election fraud"

In the Senate the margin will be about one either way. I think it is possible if the Republicans run the table they may actually pickup one seat

I am confident Nancy Pelosi will not be third in line for President come Nov 8th

Right now so much crap is being flung around does it really matter who wins in a few weeks? I'm personnally sick of the adult bashing and complete lack of unity uptown. I say fire everyone of them and start over. We need positive ideas and solutions instead of reations and blame shifting.

I know exactly how you feel. The thing is, those attack ads work. What is that saying about the American public? It really is the publics own fault. It saddens me that so many Americans are so stupid about watching and being influenced by those ads.
The newest lie that many are using is to call the American public, "smart" "not easily fooled", and those kind of things. It is pure and simply flattery to the general public to gain votes. And its not true. However, I must say, it is even worse in every other country I have been to.

Yes very good point about those ads. Having lots of money can do wonders! I lived overseas for 7 years and I can say I was at the time very ashamed of being an American. The point I'm making is with all the nasty politics in D.C. airing throughout the world no wonder we aren't really respected here or abroad. I mean when some piss ant country who has a piss ant dictator running things can say such vile things about our country, I wonder where he got that idea? CNN or FOX? I'm more patriotic now but it took a longtime to except our country again because the President we had in office during that time made full mockery of his position and how he ran things. Also I'm not so much for a specific group winning as long as they have similar values as I do. Because we've seen in the last say 15 years how affiliation doesn't make a difference.

I think Republicans will gain seats in the Senate. Not only that but Democrats will lose an additional seat because they decided to kick Liberman out. Of course he will probably support Democrats, but its still a seat they will lose. I seriously think we will have a net gain. The best chance the Democrats have to pick up a seat is here in PA, and I dont think there is enough hatred for Santorum to vote for a guy who isnt even running a campaign. Of course, I could be wrong, but I dont think I am.

As for the House, Democrats arent going to take control. The fact is the odds are against it because its clear the Senate really isnt in play. The House has never changed hands without the Senate changing as well. We might lose a few seats, or heck we could gain a few seats. I havent seen the district by district analysis. But regarldess, its not going to be enough to change the house.

I especially think the Democrat efforts to surppress conservative turn out is going to backfire. They look at us like idiots. And quite frankly, we arent. And its going to motivate us. But it doesnt speak well for Democrats if they only way they can win is to suppress conservative turn out

Forum List

Back