Precambrian Time to Mesozoic Era

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Precambrian Time: 4.6 billion to 542 Million Years Ago to Mesozoic Era: 250 Million to 65 Million Years Ago

For this game it will be for those period of time Era that are explain in the sentence above:)

Asaphiscus wheeleri, a trilobite from the Cambrian shale of Utah.

1610913130024.png

Asaphiscus - Wikipedia

Last edited:
The Paleozoic Era which ran from about 542 million years ago at the Era Cretaceous 65 millions years ago with the end of the Dinosaurs.

Actually, the Paleozoic Era ran from the Cambrian Period (the 540 million years you mentioned), to the end of the Permian Period (about 250 million years). The emergence of dinosaurs really didn't even begin until about the middle of the Triassic Period about 25 million years after that and the end of the Cretaceous where all the dinos died was then about 160 million years after.

All that dinosaur stuff happened during the Mesozoic Era.

The Paleozoic Era which ran from about 542 million years ago at the Era Cretaceous 65 millions years ago with the end of the Dinosaurs.

Actually, the Paleozoic Era ran from the Cambrian Period (the 540 million years you mentioned), to the end of the Permian Period (about 250 million years). The emergence of dinosaurs really didn't even begin until about the middle of the Triassic Period about 25 million years after that and the end of the Cretaceous where all the dinos died was then about 160 million years after.

Yes, my tittle was to start at a Era to end at a other but it is not that easy for me to find the exact word .
I want this game to start with the begenning of life to the end of the dinosaur.

540 million years To 66 million years.

Yes, my tittle was to start at a Era to end at a other but it is not that easy for me to find the exact word .
I want this game to start with the begenning of life to the end of the dinosaur.

Well, life really first appeared about 3.8 billion years ago with the emergence of the prokaryotes. So I think what you really mean is the period from the Cambrian Explosion to the end of the Cretaceous Period, which was the Paleozoic and Mesozoic Eras, or the whole of the Phanerozoic Eon up to the beginning of the Cenozoic Era when mammals emerged from the P-K boundary to take over dominance filling the vacancy left by the dinos. Not to get all Asperger on you. :)

Well, life really first appeared about 3.8 billion years ago with the emergence of the prokaryotes. So I think what you really mean is the period from the Cambrian Explosion to the end of the Cretaceous Period, which was the Paleozoic and Mesozoic Eras, or the whole of the Phanerozoic Eon up to the beginning of the Cenozoic Era when mammals emerged from the P-K boundary to take over dominance filling the vacancy left by the dinos. Not to get all Asperger on you. :)
Thank you so much, i change the tittle of my thread and my first post , i hope it is ok this time ? :)

If this wasn't mentioned in Genesis where's your proof that these eras existed...just asking for the devout believers in God.

Thank you so much, i change the tittle of my thread and my first post , i hope it is ok this time ? :)

Still technically wrong but closer. :SMILEW~130:

If this wasn't mentioned in Genesis where's your proof that these eras existed...just asking for the devout believers in God.

Rocks.

In March 2017, fossilized microorganisms (microfossils) were announced to have been discovered in hydrothermal vent precipitates from an ancient sea-bed in the Nuvvuagittuq Belt of Quebec, Canada. These may be as old as 4.28 billion years, the oldest evidence of life on Earth, suggesting "an almost instantaneous emergence of life.

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/01/world/oldest-microfossils-canada/index.html

Still technically wrong but closer. :SMILEW~130:
Well, it will be good and close enough :laugh:

Cotylorhynchus
Temporal range: Kungurian, 279.5–272 Ma

Is an extinct genus of very large synapsids that lived in the southern part of what is now North America during the Early Permian period. It is the best known member of the synapsid clade Caseidae, usually considered the largest terrestrial vertebrates of the Early Permian, though they were possibly aquatic.

1611001073093.png

Cotylorhynchus - Wikipedia

Link of the image :

Cotylorhynchus Synapsids by Walter Myers

Gorgonops itself was a medium-sized representative of the group, with a skull length of 22 to 35 centimetres, depending on the species. It ranged from 1.2 to 2 metres long from nose to tail. Gorgonops would have been one of the key predators across southern Africa during the Late Permian 260–254 Ma.

1611613521295.png

1611613428987.png

Gorgonops - Wikipedia

Ichthyostega

is an early genus of tetrapodomorphs that lived at the end of the Late Devonian Period. It was one of the first four-limbed vertebrates in the fossil record. Ichthyostega possessed lungs and limbs that helped it navigate through shallow water in swamps. Although Ichthyostega is often labelled a "tetrapod" due to the possession of limbs and fingers, it was more basal ("primitive") than true crown-tetrapods, and could more accurately be referred to as a stegocephalian or stem tetrapod. Likewise, while undoubtedly of amphibian build and habit, it is not considered a true member of the group in the narrow sense, as the first modern amphibians (members of the group Lissamphibia) appeared in the Triassic Period 365–360 Ma.

1611672580474.png

Ichthyostega - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back