Preacher or President?

I agree, but he will knock Bachmann out of the race. He will appeal to the right except the most rabid and be acceptable to whatever moderate Republicans are left. He's got a lot of baggage to carry into the general election.

If elected he's going to swear to uphold the constitution and he doesn't believe Medicare or Social Security are constitutional. That's going to make 50 million seniors pretty nervous. He against direct election of senators but would rather have the governor appoint them. He might certainly get some support on his suggestion to repeal federal income tax, but that certainly will brand him a nut case. He's got a lot of explaining to do.

I agree, but he will knock Bachmann out of the race. He will appeal to the right except the most rabid and be acceptable to whatever moderate Republicans are left. He's got a lot of baggage to carry into the general election.

If elected he's going to swear to uphold the constitution and he doesn't believe Medicare or Social Security are constitutional. That's going to make 50 million seniors pretty nervous. He against direct election of senators but would rather have the governor appoint them. He might certainly get some support on his suggestion to repeal federal income tax, but that certainly will brand him a nut case. He's got a lot of explaining to do.

Again, most Americans barely understand that Medicare is a government program. (Remember the guy who yelled at Obama "Keep your Gummit hands off my Medicare!")

And most of them can't even name their senator, much less understand how he gets to Washington.

I think you guys are thinking like liberals and not like Joe SixPack. Joe Sixpack doesn't have your love of the 16th and 17th Amendments. He just knows what we are doing ain't working, and Obama isn't up to the job. Until Obama can reverse that increasing sentiment, Perry is probably going to walk right over him.

I am not, as of yet, a Perry supporter, or a supporter of anyone at this point. But can you please enlighten us as to which part of what you posted you believe indicates that he is nuts? Just saying he is nuts doesnt really help discussion because you could be refering to any number of things or something completely non-existant.

Clarification would just be appreciated.

Again, most Americans barely understand that Medicare is a government program. (Remember the guy who yelled at Obama "Keep your Gummit hands off my Medicare!")

And most of them can't even name their senator, much less understand how he gets to Washington.

I think you guys are thinking like liberals and not like Joe SixPack. Joe Sixpack doesn't have your love of the 16th and 17th Amendments. He just knows what we are doing ain't working, and Obama isn't up to the job. Until Obama can reverse that increasing sentiment, Perry is probably going to walk right over him.
I think the people will understand Perry's intentions pretty well went they hear he thinks Social Security and Medicare aren't constitutional and they shouldn't have the right to vote for their Senators. Even Joe Six Pack will understand that. I rather doubt very many people will agree with Perry's opinion that it's OK to succeed from the union if you disagree with the federal government.

I don think American will vote in a Texan again, thats just asking for trouble. We know how successful Texas presidents have been as of late.

No way Perry can win a general election. I just cant see it, secondly, I don't want to see the day.

listened to a super disturbing piece on NPR the other day on this very topic. I just wish religion would stay out of American politics. It does zero to move us forward as a nation of many different denominations.

This is sort of correct. Most "Joe Sixpack" type guys don't understand the destruction of our financial industry wrought by the lax regulatory practices of the Bush administration. But basically a good way to look at it is like 9/11. The WTC took over a decade to build and hours to destroy. 10 years later..it's still not rebuilt. That's the level of destruction that 8 years of the Bush administration did to an economy that took nearly 233 years to build.

Bush was a fail, epic fail.

Obama ain't exactly heading in the other direction as we speak. lets not throw stones in a glass nation. Both parities are to blame.

I do have to add, you have to love the fact that Jimmy Carter installed solar panels on he white house during his tenure. One of the first things Reagan did when he took office, he took them down. sort of a perfect microcosm of the past 30-40 years if you ask me.

I think the people will understand Perry's intentions pretty well went they hear he thinks Social Security and Medicare aren't constitutional and they shouldn't have the right to vote for their Senators. Even Joe Six Pack will understand that. I rather doubt very many people will agree with Perry's opinion that it's OK to succeed from the union if you disagree with the federal government.

repitition of points isn't an argument, guy.

JoeSixPack isn't even thinking about Social Security. He doesn't think it'll be there when he retires, and he's right.

Besides the fact you don't know the difference between the words "secede" and "succeed", the whole secession argument is kind of silly given he never said that. He never said that Bernacke was a traitor.

I think Perry is a lot further to the right than I am, but he's a guy who looks like he knows what he's doing, unlike the Community Organizer, who doesn't.

repitition of points isn't an argument, guy.

JoeSixPack isn't even thinking about Social Security. He doesn't think it'll be there when he retires, and he's right.

Besides the fact you don't know the difference between the words "secede" and "succeed", the whole secession argument is kind of silly given he never said that. He never said that Bernacke was a traitor.

I think Perry is a lot further to the right than I am, but he's a guy who looks like he knows what he's doing, unlike the Community Organizer, who doesn't.

Getting into the is thing I see.

Perry's put his big fat foot into his big fat mouth.

The Secessionist has called SSI a ponzi scam, wants to do the "Grover Norquist" on the government, and runs around with religious types that think Hitler was sent to chase the Jews out of Europe by god and that the Statue of Liberty is a demonic figure.

That's just the small stuff. :lol:

Bush was a fail, epic fail.

Obama ain't exactly heading in the other direction as we speak. lets not throw stones in a glass nation. Both parities are to blame.

I do have to add, you have to love the fact that Jimmy Carter installed solar panels on he white house during his tenure. One of the first things Reagan did when he took office, he took them down. sort of a perfect microcosm of the past 30-40 years if you ask me.

YOu mean that Republicans went with things that worked when Democrats wanted to just feel good about themselves?

Did those solar panel take care of all the White House's energy needs? Somehow, I doubt it. It did contribute to damage to the roof, which is why they were torn out.

The Secessionist has called SSI a ponzi scam, wants to do the "Grover Norquist" on the government, and runs around with religious types that think Hitler was sent to chase the Jews out of Europe by god and that the Statue of Liberty is a demonic figure.

Okay, so how many more things do you want to mischaracterize?

SSI IS a Ponzi Scheme (not scam). A Ponzi scheme works with the people on top getting the money and the people on the bottom left with nothing. Eventually, it runs out of money. Even the Community Organizer has admitted it needs serious reform.

Hey, if you want to talk about religious types people pal around with, Obama pals around with a crazy pastor who thinks God damns America, we deserved the attack on 9/11, and AIDS was created by the government to kill black people.

This is sort of correct. Most "Joe Sixpack" type guys don't understand the destruction of our financial industry wrought by the lax regulatory practices of the Bush administration. But basically a good way to look at it is like 9/11. The WTC took over a decade to build and hours to destroy. 10 years later..it's still not rebuilt. That's the level of destruction that 8 years of the Bush administration did to an economy that took nearly 233 years to build.

Yawn. The WTC won't be rebuilt because there's no reason to. New York has too much empty office space and had too much even before the towers fell. Businesses were fleeing New York and its high taxes and regulation for years.

Yes, lax regulatory practices were part of the problem, but so were some of the regulations, such as the Community Reinvestment Act, which required banks to make loans they otherwise wouldn't have made. Also, Bush asked for tighter regulations of Fannie Mae, but Barney Frank blocked that. (His gay partner, Herb Moses, worked there. Hmmmmm.... )

There's plenty of blame to go around, and both parties deserve a ration of it. So do we as consumers, for that matter. We keep buying the cheap shit from China and wondering why we can't get good jobs.

But you see, if you were on the job for 3 years and didn't produce results, it doesn't matter what a fugnut your predecessor was. Or the guy who proceeded him.

You don't produce results, you won't be on that job for very much longer. That's just the way life works.

SSI IS a Ponzi Scheme (not scam). A Ponzi scheme works with the people on top getting the money and the people on the bottom left with nothing. Eventually, it runs out of money. Even the Community Organizer has admitted it needs serious reform.

Hey, if you want to talk about religious types people pal around with, Obama pals around with a crazy pastor who thinks God damns America, we deserved the attack on 9/11, and AIDS was created by the government to kill black people.

SSI is not a ponzi scam. It works sorta like a retirement account. The only problem is the tax cap. Remove that..and you have no problem. Not removing it..will create a problem in 2 decades or so. It's very sustainable. To bad the Secessionist fails to recognize that.

And President Obama wound up breaking relations with Wright..when that all came out. Didn't have much of an effect on the election, anyways. Most people recognized that those were not the views of candidate Obama.

The Secessionist has not disavowed anything Hagee or Benefiel has said.

really dude, you're gonna complain about the roof! lol

IM sure a that time it was a new technology and had some rough edges. The symbolic gesture to ween off of forgien oil is we accepted in my house old good sir. Here are the facts: our oil consumption is 51% home made crude an 49% imported oil. And decent investment in a green technology could have by now had us at a 30% forgiven oil reliance. think about it.

Our beloved US Navy is really moving forward in the green fuels arena. If the Navy can do it, so can the other branches. And so can we as a nation.

Sallow is somewhat lacking in the ability to think. He requires spoon feeding by the HuffPuff and Media Matter to provide his talking points. He's a rather hysterical partisan hack who regrets that no one has attempted to assassinate the President.... that's how he thinks. He'd be happy to see Obama dead, to justify his own moronic opinions. He's a sick freak.

Sallow is somewhat lacking in the ability to think. He requires spoon feeding by the HuffPuff and Media Matter to provide his talking points. He's a rather hysterical partisan hack who regrets that no one has attempted to assassinate the President.... that's how he thinks. He'd be happy to see Obama dead, to justify his own moronic opinions. He's a sick freak.

First post in the thread..first insult.

Hmm..will CG start whining again if I respond in kind?

:doubt:

SSI is not a ponzi scam. It works sorta like a retirement account. The only problem is the tax cap. Remove that..and you have no problem. Not removing it..will create a problem in 2 decades or so. It's very sustainable. To bad the Secessionist fails to recognize that.

It doesn't work "like a retirement account". A retirement account, I put money in, and it's there when I retire. Ponzi Security, I put money in, and it is immediately paid to old people who usually have used up everything they paid in by 72, it goes to rich old "snowbirds" who have enough money to have two homes and commute between locations. It goes to crackheads who are claiming to be "disabled". The rest is converted into government bonds to cover up all the other ways government finds to waste money.

Oh, yeah, it's sustainable, if you tax people at 30% instead of the current 12% people pay now.

And President Obama wound up breaking relations with Wright..when that all came out. Didn't have much of an effect on the election, anyways. Most people recognized that those were not the views of candidate Obama.

Well, more like, the media was too busy reporting on his Ipad and how the First Wookie keeps her legs so tone. Seriously, Joe the Plumber got more of a vetting than these people did.

People realized by 2010 what a bill of goods they'd been sold with this guy.

The Secessionist has not disavowed anything Hagee or Benefiel has said.

Because no one cares about what Hagee says. Hagee has been praised for his support of Israel.

If you believe in God (and I don't, really), they you have to believe he had some reason to allow Hitler to do what he did. Hagee's position is a pretty clear interpretation of the bible. In book after book, the people sin, neglect God, and God sends some nasty person to deal with them.

If you guys really want to drag out Hagee (which you did back in 2008 with McCain), then we can drag out Wright and beat him up some more. Wright will happily rise to the bait, I'm sure.

Forum List

Back