Prayer for Ryan Newman

CWayne

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2019
Serious crash at the finish of the Daytona 500.

It looks like he took a direct hit to the driver's side of the car as he was upside down crossing the finish line.

As of the end of the program, they had only managed to get him from the car and into an ambulance headed for a local hospital.

It looks like he took a direct hit to the driver's side of the car as he was upside down crossing the finish line.

As of the end of the program, they had only managed to get him from the car and into an ambulance headed for a local hospital.
Prayers up for Ryan Newman.
_____02020.jpg

OIP.c9stFGbRyeFm9a9mXbUifwHaFz

Last edited:

The rescue crew took a long time to get him out, it did not look good.

yeah, I'm hoping that it was just damage to the car that made it hard to get him out. It may be that he was unconscious too.

It is always a bad sign when they take a long time to get the driver out though.

ya, I watched the entire race. A lot of aggressive driving
They otta protest the finish. He was probably going to win
Clearly, Hamlin won. That isn't the issue. Every driver there was driving hard.

Relevant reading...

NASCAR moving away from restrictor plates, not pack racing

Don't expect a big send-off for the oft-maligned part, which has been in use since 1988. NASCAR is merely switching to tapered spacers at every track to keep speeds in check.

"No matter what you call it, you're still restricting the air flow to the engine," two-time Daytona 500 winner and 1988 NASCAR champion Bill Elliott said. "It's just a different flavor, a different way of putting it. I guess it's all about how you word things these days."

Plate racing has drawn plenty of criticism over the years, mostly from drivers and team owners who prefer cars not be bunched together in two- and three-wide packs at nearly 200 mph and where the slightest contact creates a chain reaction and often mangles a bunch of $300,000 cars.

Relevant reading...

NASCAR moving away from restrictor plates, not pack racing

Don't expect a big send-off for the oft-maligned part, which has been in use since 1988. NASCAR is merely switching to tapered spacers at every track to keep speeds in check.

"No matter what you call it, you're still restricting the air flow to the engine," two-time Daytona 500 winner and 1988 NASCAR champion Bill Elliott said. "It's just a different flavor, a different way of putting it. I guess it's all about how you word things these days."

Plate racing has drawn plenty of criticism over the years, mostly from drivers and team owners who prefer cars not be bunched together in two- and three-wide packs at nearly 200 mph and where the slightest contact creates a chain reaction and often mangles a bunch of $300,000 cars.
Why I prefer open wheel and trans-am style racing.

A testament to the safety of the NASCAR cars that he went through that kind of a hit and is stable now.

I honestly thought he was killed; the hit he took to that side of the car.

I think that the Lord isn't done with him just yet.

New Topics

Forum List

Back