Power the WORLD with solar panels!

myself

Gold Member
Aug 11, 2021
We could do it here in the U.S.. Though it would probably take a monumental effort. And to distribute electricity across the globe might take something like Tesla's idea of transmitting power with radio waves. Though it could probably be done by redirecting microwaves from satellites. Just think. We could become the new Saudi Arabia. We have more than enough desert land in the U.S. to do it. I will show you what the total area of solar panels required as compared to the U.S. to do it.

solar panels to power the world.png

• Banned
I can't think of a better way to usher in the next glacial cycle than the widespread conversion of solar radiation into electricity.

So you say. But there is somebody else around here who claimed that solar panels would contribute to global warming. I think you're both full of "it."

Last edited:
I can't think of a better way to usher in the next glacial cycle than the widespread conversion of solar radiation into electricity.
Did you ever notice that Global Warming Doomsday Cult members always stupidly make super incredibly retarded idiotic wrong decisions?

the weakness of solar panels is they increase the use of coal and oil, manufacturing the panels.
the weakness of solar panels is they give us a weak source of electricity
the weakness of solar panels is they must be washed frequently using more water, which is scarce in california, arizona, nevada, and just about everywhere else in the usa, at times.
the weakness of solar panels is they are so expensive it takes a government to finance them

We could do it here in the U.S.. Though it would probably take a monumental effort. And to distribute electricity across the globe might take something like Tesla's idea of transmitting power with radio waves. Though it could probably be done by redirecting microwaves from satellites. Just think. We could become the new Saudi Arabia. We have more than enough desert land in the U.S. to do it. I will show you what the total area of solar panels required as compared to the U.S. to do it.

View attachment 544578
Do you have any conception of how much space that area is?

It's much larger than NYC, Los Angeles, Chicago, Detroit, Washington D.C., Boston, San Francisco Miami and Timbuktu combined.

The weakness of solar panels right now is energy storage that we can use at night

We are not there yet

No, we're not there yet. WE'RE BEYOND THERE! Batteries of various sorts and capacitors can store electricity. Using energy to speed up a large perfectly balanced disk would also work. On a large scale I have heard them speaking using tanks of sodium that are heated during the day with excess energy. At night it can be used to create steam to power turbines.

The weakness of solar panels right now is energy storage that we can use at night

We are not there yet
On the contrary, we are there. Many different ways of grid scale storage at costs that are less then fossil fuel costs, and far, far less costly than nuclear. Batteries, pumped hydro, liquid air, hot sand, ect. You simply have not looked at what is going on right now.

It's much larger than NYC, Los Angeles, Chicago, Detroit, Washington D.C., Boston, San Francisco Miami and Timbuktu combined.
Have you any idea of how much agricultural land is available in the US? Were just 1% of that land to use agri-voltaics, that would cover our energy needs, increase yield on that land, decrease the water needs of the crops, and give the farmer a year around income. Just as the wind turbines standing in the wheat fields in Eastern Washington and Eastern Oregon do for the farmers there.

the weakness of solar panels is they increase the use of coal and oil, manufacturing the panels.
the weakness of solar panels is they give us a weak source of electricity
the weakness of solar panels is they must be washed frequently using more water, which is scarce in california, arizona, nevada, and just about everywhere else in the usa, at times.
the weakness of solar panels is they are so expensive it takes a government to finance them

The weakness of you is your mind. We have been through all that before. It takes 1 to 4 years of the electricity gained from solar panels to equal the energy it took to create them. That is from mining the ore they are made of to the finished product. Next, "weak" or not, they work. Next, in some places solar panels may need some cleaning. In the winter they will need snow brushed off them. But as far as desert areas, I have seen rocks on TV that were in the desert and probably in the same spot for thousands of years. And you can still clearly see the rock. It isn't obscured by any grime. Next, a government at one time financed the building of pyramids. A government at one time financed the building of the Great Wall. Financing solar panels would be nothing compared to either of those things. Do you get paid by Saudi Arabia to spout this crap?

On the contrary, we are there. Many different ways of grid scale storage at costs that are less then fossil fuel costs, and far, far less costly than nuclear. Batteries, pumped hydro, liquid air, hot sand, ect. You simply have not looked at what is going on right now.
link liar, link liar!

There are no batteries that can supply any city in the USA with power from solar. Hell, there are not enough installed solar panels to charge said batteries, and there will never be.

Pumped hydro? Sure, that is a good one, so many problems, first and foremost, you will never install enough solar panels to fill a reservoir. And then, where will you get the water? As you have stated, the droughts are bad and only going to get worst?

Hot Sand? I never knew, democrats were this stupid.

Liquid air and hot sand, why not just do hot air, from the hole you live in.

View attachment 544578

Umm, you can’t transmit power over huge distances, too much loss. Radio waves is a complete fantasy.
Also the sun goes down and it gets dark...no power generation when peak power consumption is the evenings.

There is no easy way to get “free energy”.

The truth is fossil fuels and nuclear will continue to be our main source of energy for another 75+ years. After that, hopefully we will finally have fusion nuclear energy functional for large scale use. That’s the only real “green energy” that has real potential.

Virtual Power Plants are also being put together in many nations as we post. These are many people and businesses using solar and batteries to create a power station measured in hundreds of MW's.

meaningless graphs, you know why, because the change is so very little but the graphs are enlarged and drawn to a scale so that the change looks significant.

draw a graph that covers more than 2 degrees of temperature. Draw a graph that has 20 degrees and these changes disappear.

But hey, you see a colored pics and think you found the holy grail.

I see an insignificant change. Of course, warmer temps do mean higher crop yields and less energy used during winter but that is a topic over most peoples head

Forum List

Back