Power the U.S. With Solar Panels!

I think your problem in understanding this concept stems from your reluctance to agree that it's logical that solar farms would reduce the heat above solar farms during the daytime because solar is converting heat into electricity during the daytime.

I already explained that 760 is less than 850. Did you miss that math?

Also, it's NOT converting heat into electricity.
You can quibble all you want. It doesn't change the fact that whatever energy that was converted into electricity can't also have been used to heat the surface of the planet.

You can quibble all you want. It doesn't change the fact that whatever energy that was converted into electricity can't also have been used to heat the surface of the planet.

There is no quibble. The panel has a lower albedo than the surface.
Less energy is reflected back to space. Less reflected energy means a warmer planet.
Whether it warms the unplugged panel or warms the city if the panel is connected to the grid.

There is no quibble. The panel has a lower albedo than the surface.
Less energy is reflected back to space. Less reflected energy means a warmer planet.
Whether it warms the unplugged panel or warms the city if the panel is connected to the grid.
All you have done is quibble. For the most part it's all you ever do.

So you have no issues with there being an expectation that using solar electricity will have a regional warming effect?
I have an issue with your statement that solar power results in net warming.

Do you have any issue with there being an expectation that solar farms create a regional cooling effect as evidenced by measurements at six solar farms?

Of course I have issues with that.

Do you have any issue with there being an expectation that solar farms create a regional cooling effect as evidenced by measurements at six solar farms?

Why would you have an issue with that?
Doesn't electricity usage generate waste heat?

I don't have an issue with 760 < 850. Do you?

Forum List

Back