Power the U.S. With Solar Panels!

The economics of transporting massive amounts of goods by road is just too expensive. Can't possibly be done. Then a Republican administration started building the Interstate System. Guess what happened to that too expensive to transport goods long distance on roads.
Yeah. Eisenhower stole Hitler's idea with the autobahn.

The problem with confused morons like you is that you believe all these AGW horseshit and you are not knowledgeable enough of the subject to question the basis for it.

You have ignored all the enormous evidence that much of the data is either fabricated or cherry picked.

You pretended that when the principle scientists admitted they made up the data that it didn't mean anything.

You ignored the fact that NASA, NOAA snd the UN Climate Commission got caught fabricating data.

You ignore the fact that none of the dire predictions the Wackos make ever come true.

You know nothing about the engineering aspects of wind and solar power generation. You live in la la land thinking that we can provide all the power we need with renewables and that is bullshit. Typical for the mindeset of a Moon Bat. You are detached from reality.

There is climate change but nothing significant caused by humans.

There is a tremendous amount of pollution caused by humans but it ain't changing the climate.

If you would sign up for my class I would educate on this stuff and you wouldn't be such an idiot posting your silly Environmental Wacko horseshit.

How much do energy companies pay you to be a denier. I am reminded of something once said by Upton Sinclair. "It is difficult to get somebody to understand something, especially when their salary depends on them not understanding it."

But I'm not denying it. I never have and if you're going to tell me what I said then use the quote function.

What I am saying is that solar power and batteries will never meet our current energy needs never mind the added electricity that will be needed if we want to actually be 100% fossil fuel free

No. Solar panels would never meet our energy needs. They would exceed them by a wide margin.

What other reason could there be.

You're an idiot. I need another reason to point out your idiocy?

That you are opposed to free energy?

See, your claim that it's free energy is idiotic.
Who is paying you to spout your idiocy?

It may cost money to create solar panels. But the energy you get from them is free.

May?

But the energy you get from them is free.

That's awesome!

How many years does it take for you to recover the initial dollar cost?
"The typical solar payback period in the U.S. is just above 8 years. If your cost of installing solar is $20,000 and your system is going to save you $2,500 a year on foregone energy bills, your solar panel payback or “break-even point” will be 8 years ($20,000/$2,500 = 8)."

Now if you install batteries with your system, and can use a system like Tesla's autobidder, you may also be able to sell power. Of course, the cost of the batteries will still make the time to recover the cost about the same. However, in a grid failure, you will still have power. And in a failure like that in Texas, that means no broken water pipes, being able to cook and live like normal. In just that one failure you could say that you would recover the cost of your system because of damage avoided.

Apparently at current technology, I will show you a picture of how many solar panels it would take to power the U.S. That is both day and night. (With the stored energy for nighttime) The square in yellow shows the total amount of area in solar panels it would take to do it. Argue with that you naysayers.

View attachment 538042

With my other threads about human caused global warming, I thought I would do one about solar panels. But I see that somebody already did so. And it's a pretty good one. It wouldn't take much in the way of space to power the U.S. with solar panels. Both day and night.

...power the U.S. with solar panels. Both day and night.

maxresdefault.jpg

With my other threads about human caused global warming, I thought I would do one about solar panels. But I see that somebody already did so. And it's a pretty good one. It wouldn't take much in the way of space to power the U.S. with solar panels. Both day and night.

Solar panels going to power Chicago through a cold, dark, and snowy February?
You want to bet your life on that?

I love the pie in the sky attitude you have.

Solar panels going to power Chicago through a cold, dark, and snowy February?
You want to bet your life on that?
Solar panels and wind turbines in Lake Michigan and the farm fields surrounding the city. Indiana and Illinois are already awash in wind mills. Have you driven through there lately?

Solar panels and wind turbines in Lake Michigan and the farm fields surrounding the city. Indiana and Illinois are already awash in wind mills. Have you driven through there lately?

They're awesome!
You should depend on them in February.
P.S. No turbines in the lake.

Forum List

Back