Power the U.S. With Solar Panels!

Your Harvard link?

Then why did you post it?
Because it shows that any solar radiation that is converted into electricity is solar radiation which does not warm the surface of the planet.

Their conclusion that this will have no effect on the earth's climate is a joke and so are you for believing it.

Because it shows that any solar radiation that is converted into electricity is solar radiation which does not warm the surface of the planet.

You posted the Harvard link that says using the electricty compensates for
the cooling effect. No Ice Age.

Their conclusion that this will have no effect on the earth's climate is a joke

Your claim that it will is the joke.

You posted the Harvard link that says using the electricty compensates for
the cooling effect. No Ice Age.

Their conclusion that this will have no effect on the earth's climate is a joke

Your claim that it will is the joke.
We are in an ice age, dummy. It began 2.7 million years ago.

Pfft... Chicago liberals.

Pfft....engineers.

1632312840531.png

Keep up your good work, Dwayne.

Wrong. Electricity used for doing kinetic and potential energy work do not produce heat other than what is lost due to friction. The majority (90% or so) is converted into kinetic energy or potential energy. But regardless of the energy that you think is lost that same energy would have been lost regardless of the source of electricity, So the scenario which uses solar will have a cooling effect relative to the scenario using fossil fuels. In other words whatever energy that is returned to the atmosphere (which isn't heating the earth's surface) can be ignored because it is the same on both cases. You guys would have never passed an engineering class.

You can believe whatever you want to believe. You are too mired in your human caused global warming denial cult for me to change your mind. As for solar panels cooling the planet, I say they would have no effect. Other than keeping us from burning fossil fuels for electricity that do heat the planet. Among other bad things.

We are still 2C below the peak temperature of previous interglacial cycles. The warming you are seeing is due to natural variations in the sun not CO2.

There's even a peer reviewed paper on it. See?

I will just disregard your foolishness. Other than that, it has been established positively that human actions are causing global warming. Like it or not.

I never said they didn't work I said if you think a little square of solar panels in one state will power the entire country that you're delusional

I never said it. It is just a picture. It shows the total amount of solar panels as compared to the U.S. to create the necessary electricity. I personally think they should be on every roof top. And maybe along major freeways.

I never said it. It is just a picture. It shows the total amount of solar panels as compared to the U.S. to create the necessary electricity. I personally think they should be on every roof top. And maybe along major freeways.
And that will not power the entire country day and night.

You can believe whatever you want to believe. You are too mired in your human caused global warming denial cult for me to change your mind. As for solar panels cooling the planet, I say they would have no effect. Other than keeping us from burning fossil fuels for electricity that do heat the planet. Among other bad things.
CO2 is not causing global warming. We are in an interglacial cycle. It's been warming for 20,000 years.

CO2 is not causing global warming. We are in an interglacial cycle. It's been warming for 20,000 years.

You sound like a broken record. I showed you plenty of different graphs that show what is going on. If you choose to disregard them, that's up to you. You will just have to deal with being considered to be an idiot. By not only me but about 98% of the scientists out there.

Apparently at current technology, I will show you a picture of how many solar panels it would take to power the U.S. That is both day and night. (With the stored energy for nighttime) The square in yellow shows the total amount of area in solar panels it would take to do it. Argue with that you naysayers.

View attachment 538042
See it's that simple you bigots!

Lol

You sound like a broken record. I showed you plenty of different graphs that show what is going on. If you choose to disregard them, that's up to you. You will just have to deal with being considered to be an idiot. By not only me but about 98% of the scientists out there.
Richard C. Willson, Principal Investigator in charge of NASA’s ACRIM series of Sun-monitoring Total Solar Irradiance satellite experiments (U.S.A.):
“Contrary to the findings of the IPCC, scientific observations in recent decades have demonstrated that there is no ‘climate change crisis’. The concept that’s devolved into the failed CO2 anthropogenic global warming (CAGW) hypothesis is based on the flawed predictions of imprecise 1980’s vintage global circulation models that have failed to match observational data both since and prior to their fabrication. The Earth’s climate is determined primarily by the radiation it receives from the Sun. The amount of solar radiation the Earth receives has natural variabilities caused by both variations in the intrinsic amount of radiation emitted by the Sun and by variations in the Earth-Sun geometry caused by planetary rotational and orbital variations. Together these natural variations cause the Total Solar Irradiance (TSI) at the Earth to vary cyclically on a number of known periodicities that are synchronized with known past climatic changes.”

New Topics

Forum List

Back