Power Tactics Training

NumburrOne

Dec 31, 2013
Alinsky's first rule of power tactics: Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.
The second rule is: Never go outside the experience of your people.
The third rule is: Wherever possible go outside the experience of the enemy. Here you want to cause confusion, fear, and retreat.
the fourth rule is: Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules.
the fourth rule carries within it the fifth rule: Ridicule is mans most potent weapon.
the sixth rule is: A good tactic is one that your people enjoy.
the seventh rule is: A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. [change the subject often]
the eighth rule: Keep the pressure on.
the ninth rule: The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.
The tenth rule: The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition.
The eleventh rule is: If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counter side.
The twelfth rule: The price of a successful attack is a constructive [sounding] alternative.
The thirteenth rule: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.

Alinsky's first rule of power tactics: Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.
The third rule is: Wherever possible go outside the experience of the enemy. Here you want to cause confusion, fear, and retreat.
the fourth rule carries within it the fifth rule: Ridicule is mans most potent weapon.
the seventh rule is: A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. [change the subject often]
The tenth rule: The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition.
The eleventh rule is: If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counter side.
The twelfth rule: The price of a successful attack is a constructive [sounding] alternative.
The thirteenth rule: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.

Very interesting. Which political party do you think has used these tactics the most effectively. And which party do you think uses these tactics most of the time?

Just trying to see where you're coming from. You being new here and everything.

Very interesting. Which political party do you think has used these tactics the most effectively. And which party do you think uses these tactics most of the time?

neither...
they both went outside the range ... Never go outside the experience of your people.

Last edited:

neither...
they both went outside the range ... Never go outside the experience of your people.

If you don't think either party uses the methods listed, why list them?

Or, what experience have the parties gone "outside" of?

neither...

from the dems side, Obama took people who get something for free already, raised their hopes on more free, and now many realize nothing is free... sad lesson they had..
for the repubs, they catered down, lowered our principles, we are conservatives for a reason, fortitude and the empowerment of the people for the people...
I posted it as discussion topic...
how do you feel now...
what r your thoughts here...

My thoughts are that the people I work with are not chess peices, to be played by 'tactics'. They are human beings with human needs. Play those games, and people get wise. Tail gunner Joe McCarthy is a prime example of that kind of tactic.

Thus far, all I have seen you 'Conservatives' standing up for are the fortunes of the 1%.

neither...

from the dems side, Obama took people who get something for free already, raised their hopes on more free, and now many realize nothing is free... sad lesson they had..
for the repubs, they catered down, lowered our principles, we are conservatives for a reason, fortitude and the empowerment of the people for the people...
how do you feel now...

You didn't post a discussion topic...you trolled with some bullshit Faux has convinced you is "the way liberals work".

The Republicans lowered their principles? What principles? Oh...are you one of those "Romney wasn't conservative enough" folks? Good, we need more of you.

Vote Cruz!!!

how do you feel now...

You didn't post a discussion topic...you trolled with some bullshit Faux has convinced you is "the way liberals work".

The Republicans lowered their principles? What principles? Oh...are you one of those "Romney wasn't conservative enough" folks? Good, we need more of you.

Vote Cruz!!!

john mccains vote just cut retired military salaries...
hows that for lowering your standards...

how do you feel now...

Vote Cruz!!!

john mccains vote just cut retired military salaries...
hows that for lowering your standards...

That's Austerity...it's what Republicans want. It's failed everywhere else, but that doesn't stop the GOP from trying like hell anyway.

We are still recovering from the economic effects of the last time you people were in power. So you come on trying to sell Rovian tactics, and lying about what the consequences of the 'Conservative' actions were from 2001 to 2009. An unneccessary war in Iraq, failure to try to get the man that masterminded the murder of 3000 Americans on American soil, and the biggest economic bust since '29.

Now your people are trying to damage people already suffering from your actions even more. Unemployment compensation and a minimum wage that keeps up with inflation are going to be your Achilles heel.

We are still recovering from the economic effects of the last time you people were in power. So you come on trying to sell Rovian tactics, and lying about what the consequences of the 'Conservative' actions were from 2001 to 2009. An unneccessary war in Iraq, failure to try to get the man that masterminded the murder of 3000 Americans on American soil, and the biggest economic bust since '29.

Now your people are trying to damage people already suffering from your actions even more. Unemployment compensation and a minimum wage that keeps up with inflation are going to be your Achilles heel.

I really cant defend either side here...
i'm agnostically affiliated with none...
:lol:

Rule number 7; a tactic that drags on to long.

How about when those Repubs promised to end Obama care. And couldn't do it. Even Bohner said that was a losing proposition. After is WAS a losing proposition.

Fair to say that was a tactic that dragged on way to long.

As to your idea that Obama promised "free stuff" and that was what got him elected.

How many poor people are on welfare (is that the "freebie" you are referring to?) that voted and do you think that number is high enough to have caused Obama to win?

I voted for Obama. Twice. No one offered me "free stuff". But I wish they would have. I would have liked to have gotten something for my votes other than a t shirt.

What did Obama promise you that you didn't get? The ultra rich got some nice gifts from Obama. You think the ultra rich voted for Obama in large numbers? Or was it the poor welfare recipient that put Obama in office? How many of those poor people voted you might ask. According to some on here, what with all the voter fraud (Ohio, my state, had 17 entire cases of voter fraud.) all poor people voted 6 times or something like that. And that is why Obama won. Poor people voting 6 different times was the margin of victory for Obama over Romney.

True story. I read it on here.

Forum List

Back