Povidone Iodine (PVP-I) Oro-Nasal Spray: An Effective Shield for COVID-19 Protection for Health Care Worker (HCW), for all

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

Povidone Iodine (PVP-I) Oro-Nasal Spray:

An Effective Shield for COVID-19 Protection for Health Care Worker (HCW), for all

Abstract​

SARS- CoV-2 or novel coronavirus enters in human body through nose and mouth, stays there for a while. Then binds with ACE2 receptor, enters inside cell, multiply there and manifests. Again, Polyvinyl Pyrrolidone or Povidone Iodine (PVP-I) is a strong microbicidal agent having 99.99% virucidal efficacy in its only 0.23% concentration, irrespective of all known viruses, even in SARS- CoV-2 (in vitro). An oro-nasal spray is designed to apply the PVP-I in nose and oral cavity to gain a protective layer or coating over nasal and oral mucosa, so that SARS-CoV-2 can’t bind with the ACE-2 receptor and prevent their entry inside. So, it will be effective for prevention of COVID-19. Moreover, as PVP-I has the ability for destruction of SARS-CoV-2, transmission of SARS- CoV-2 from patient will be reduced also. Thus PVP-I oro-nasal spray can act as an effective shield for COVID-19 protection for healthcare workers, for all.

***********​

Commentary:
PVP (Betadine) nasal spray is an over the counter product available in all Pharmacies throughout America.
A little history regarding the use of Betadine.
Hexachlorophene was used extensively in surgical procedures until it was found hazardous. Povidone Iodine (Betadine) has proven effect as its replacement.
The nasal spray is capable of neutralizing the virus in the nasal passages before it can infect the individual. It's a simple method to treat the virus in it's early stages.

An Effective Shield for COVID-19 Protection for Health Care Worker (HCW), for all

Abstract​

SARS- CoV-2 or novel coronavirus enters in human body through nose and mouth, stays there for a while. Then binds with ACE2 receptor, enters inside cell, multiply there and manifests. Again, Polyvinyl Pyrrolidone or Povidone Iodine (PVP-I) is a strong microbicidal agent having 99.99% virucidal efficacy in its only 0.23% concentration, irrespective of all known viruses, even in SARS- CoV-2 (in vitro). An oro-nasal spray is designed to apply the PVP-I in nose and oral cavity to gain a protective layer or coating over nasal and oral mucosa, so that SARS-CoV-2 can’t bind with the ACE-2 receptor and prevent their entry inside. So, it will be effective for prevention of COVID-19. Moreover, as PVP-I has the ability for destruction of SARS-CoV-2, transmission of SARS- CoV-2 from patient will be reduced also. Thus PVP-I oro-nasal spray can act as an effective shield for COVID-19 protection for healthcare workers, for all.

***********​

Commentary:
PVP (Betadine) nasal spray is an over the counter product available in all Pharmacies throughout America.
Hexachlorophene was used extensively in surgical procedures until it was found hazardous. Povidone Iodine (Betadine) has proven effect as its replacement.
The nasal spray is capable of neutralizing the virus in the nasal passages before it can infect the individual. It's a simple method to treat the virus in it's early stages.

Do you know how to keep something out of your nose? Nose plugs.

So what about when you breath through your mouth?

Do you know how to keep something out of your nose? Nose plugs.

So what about when you breath through your mouth?
4f453c8b22594-full-14.jpg

I heard Aaron Rodgers uses little tiny footballs in his nose. You should check those out.

Abstract​

***********​

Commentary:

Looks like you found another conspiracy wacko news site, bro.

Abstract​

***********​

Commentary:

Interesting article. You say, they really know their stuff over in Bangladesh? I am not familiar with the author, Mostafa Kamal Arefin. Is he a student at the Dhaka Medical College? I notice there wasn't and degrees or letters after his name. I like the pictures showing a doctor in the respirator mask while everybody else holds up a blank nasal atomizer. I wonder why none of the people were smiling. They did not seem thrilled with the situation. Strange there were no endorsements on this paper.

Interesting article. You say, they really know their stuff over in Bangladesh? I am not familiar with the author, Mostafa Kamal Arefin. Is he a student at the Dhaka Medical College? I notice there wasn't and degrees or letters after his name. I like the pictures showing a doctor in the respirator mask while everybody else holds up a blank nasal atomizer. I wonder why none of the people were smiling. They did not seem thrilled with the situation. Strange there were no endorsements on this paper.
I read some on the subject. Most so far have stated the lack of any clinical trials.

By the way the, povidone iodine comes in a gargle wash. And of course hydrogen peroxide does the same thing.

Last edited:

Abstract​

***********​

Commentary:

One small study. The overall results have been dubious at best.

A better candidate just went to clinical trials:

I read some on the subject. Most so far have stated the lack of any clinical trials.

By the way the, povidone iodine comes in a gargle wash. And of course hydrogen peroxide does the same thing.
Clinical trials were done, but they were dubious. Large scale trials are tough, when you are talking about people who are already infected with covid. Because that is essentially what this nasal spray was hoped to be used for: treating covid after you are infected and keeping you from spreading it.

It's not as practical as a way to prevent covid.

Forum List

Back