Poverty Reaches 50 Year Record Under Obama...

These people don't understand that there's a difference between public services within a liberalized capitalist system and a centralized Marxist society.

One does things for the people and allows for the common man to make something of him/her self. But the other is just government controlled of everything.

I am thinking that conservatives get the two confused.

Agreed. There is a happy median. Why they can't understand this is amazing.

I talked about meeting somewhere in the middle while keeping restraints, you hate the constitution and fully support a Government take over. That is the issue here. You in no way support privet education or only support it as a token "see it can exist."

Yup, you're right I hate the constitution and want a full government takeover. You done now?

By the way, did you learn to spell at privet school or public school?

You listed 2 heavily dictatorial countries as "conservative?" Yeah, great start....

You can't list countries that are successful. The countries you list are highly dependent on things like sucking the life out of the oil industry in their country.... And if an alternate fuel/energy source ever comes around those couturiers would be impoverished nearly overnight. The main country you would prolly list receives 30% of all of it's revenues to the government off oil alone. kinda scary way to live, you know 100% dependent on a finite resource that politicians want to tax the fuck out of.... Wonder how badly that country wants to be taxed.

The US is the best example as you well know. As we have become more progressive we have slowly fallen into the trap of funds not able to keep up with services. Thus services like education erode.

It's predictable, and those predicting it have been spot on.... So it's interesting to watch people deny answers from those that were correct. Progressive policies will always bankrupt a nation, done.

You're right, the U.S. is the best example of conservative policies in action today and where has that gotten us? If you are so convinced progressive policies are the downfall of us, why are we lagging behind in so many areas behind much more progressive countries than our own?

Because conservative policies don't work for the advancement of society while progressive policies do and this has been proven.

I usually can take asinine statement. I usually can take uninformed statements. I can even weather partisan BS but I am really getting f...king tired of hearing about how conservatives run the country. Grow the f...k up already. The democrats, and the most liberal among them, have controlled the control for 7 f..king disastrous years. Grow up already and accept that the war on poverty is lost, it hasn't worked we are a country without jobs. What irks me is when people like you forget that the liberals have controlled at least 2/3s of the government for 7 long years....

What does any of your alcohol infused rant have to do with what I actually said?

As we see progressives are insane.... How do we know? Because we have been doing the same things for 50+ years to fight poverty and yet we have same and in some cases worse poverty did then before.. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results....It broke time to fix it or throw it in the garbage.

Again? Thanks for the admission. Now? Are YOU going to stop supporting failed policies? DID this awaken YOU to the reality of the tyranny of government/politicians in it for themselves, their POWER OVER YOU by their meddling and NOT for you?

One can hope.

Show me the politician that will vow to remove all money from politics and I will vote for him/her.
All you have to do is look...PRINCIPLE of Country first...oh, and FORGET parties...they're the bane to this Republic.

And yes money is the root...

Studying their records is helpful though, isn't it?

I don't see many politicians like that. Do you?

You listed 2 heavily dictatorial countries as "conservative?" Yeah, great start....

You can't list countries that are successful. The countries you list are highly dependent on things like sucking the life out of the oil industry in their country.... And if an alternate fuel/energy source ever comes around those couturiers would be impoverished nearly overnight. The main country you would prolly list receives 30% of all of it's revenues to the government off oil alone. kinda scary way to live, you know 100% dependent on a finite resource that politicians want to tax the fuck out of.... Wonder how badly that country wants to be taxed.

The US is the best example as you well know. As we have become more progressive we have slowly fallen into the trap of funds not able to keep up with services. Thus services like education erode.

It's predictable, and those predicting it have been spot on.... So it's interesting to watch people deny answers from those that were correct. Progressive policies will always bankrupt a nation, done.

You're right, the U.S. is the best example of conservative policies in action today and where has that gotten us? If you are so convinced progressive policies are the downfall of us, why are we lagging behind in so many areas behind much more progressive countries than our own?

Because conservative policies don't work for the advancement of society while progressive policies do and this has been proven.

I usually can take asinine statement. I usually can take uninformed statements. I can even weather partisan BS but I am really getting f...king tired of hearing about how conservatives run the country. Grow the f...k up already. The democrats, and the most liberal among them, have controlled the control for 7 f..king disastrous years. Grow up already and accept that the war on poverty is lost, it hasn't worked we are a country without jobs. What irks me is when people like you forget that the liberals have controlled at least 2/3s of the government for 7 long years....
You speak of "asinine" statements and then jump right in and proceed to make some. I have provided you some links which give a quite different opinion about the failure of the War on Poverty.
Oh, and about the Democrats controlling the government. You are aware that for a bill to become law it must pass BOTH houses. And you are aware that filibusters can be used to stop bills from being considered which guarantees they will not pass. And I am sure you are aware of the fact that republicans in the House set records for the number of filibusters. And finally, you must also be aware that thanks to the filibusters Congress a new record low number of bills being passed (55). Now explain to me again how all our problems are caused by liberals/Democrats.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/06/marco-rubio-is-wrong-the-war-on-poverty-worked.html

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2012/09/winning_the_war_on_poverty_new_research_says_government_anti_poverty_programs_are_more_effective_than_you_realize_.html

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/08/20/opinion/did-the-war-on-poverty-fail.html

http://www.drudge.com/news/175398/yes-war-poverty-worked

http://knowmore.washingtonpost.com/2013/12/19/the-war-on-poverty-worked-in-one-chart/

Is there any doubt progressive policies done by the left and right have done anything but fail?

Great observation. Yeah, most Neocons are former Progressive Democrats. They're really still Progressives. I mean, some may appear 'Conservative', but that's only when being compared to the extreme Left Communists who run the other Party. Anyone can appear Conservative or Right, when compared to Communists. The Neocon Leadership are actually Progressives in the end. They may not be quite as extreme, but they are Big Government Authoritarians.

Stop talking out of your ass. Neo con means new conservative thus they didnt have to be liberal first... No normally the liberals they go to your neck of the woods of libertarian because of the legal pot and hooker stances you guys have.

Neocons are merely former Progressive Democrats. They appear to be Conservative or Right only because they're being compared to extreme Left Communists in the other Party. It's not hard to appear Conservative or Right in that case. They are Big Government Authoritarians too.

I'm glad you started this thread. This only reinforces the fact that the best way to get people out of poverty is by removing all safety nets and assistance from them. That will create an automatic path straight to riches!
I don't know about riches, but your right. Welfare is insane. When you feed the impoverished, they will multiply along with their ethics.
47 million on food stamps :cuckoo: Most of these people on them won't ever want to give them up; they feel entitled. Many are fat asses who are steadily multipling. They can't feed themselves, but they still feel they are entitled to multiply - that it is the workers duty to provide for their progeny :cuckoo:
The saftey net ( laughable ) should be charity organizations; not a government redistribution apparatus. Too many spoiled gamers - work or stay hungry! :eusa_boohoo:

The lack of safety net is working so well in..........:confused:

What "Lack of safety net?"

Great observation. Yeah, most Neocons are former Progressive Democrats. They're really still Progressives. I mean, some may appear 'Conservative', but that's only when being compared to the extreme Left Communists who run the other Party. Anyone can appear Conservative or Right, when compared to Communists. The Neocon Leadership are actually Progressives in the end. They may not be quite as extreme, but they are Big Government Authoritarians.

Stop talking out of your ass. Neo con means new conservative thus they didnt have to be liberal first... No normally the liberals they go to your neck of the woods of libertarian because of the legal pot and hooker stances you guys have.

Neocons are merely former Progressive Democrats. They appear to be Conservative or Right only because they're being compared to extreme Left Communists in the other Party. It's not hard to appear Conservative or Right in that case. They are Big Government Authoritarians too.

No that is a RINO you dummy. Like Ron Paul was a RINO . Like Boehner and McCain is .. They are not new and have been around for decades.

You speak of "asinine" statements and then jump right in and proceed to make some. I have provided you some links which give a quite different opinion about the failure of the War on Poverty.
Oh, and about the Democrats controlling the government. You are aware that for a bill to become law it must pass BOTH houses. And you are aware that filibusters can be used to stop bills from being considered which guarantees they will not pass. And I am sure you are aware of the fact that republicans in the House set records for the number of filibusters. And finally, you must also be aware that thanks to the filibusters Congress a new record low number of bills being passed (55). Now explain to me again how all our problems are caused by liberals/Democrats.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/06/marco-rubio-is-wrong-the-war-on-poverty-worked.html

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2012/09/winning_the_war_on_poverty_new_research_says_government_anti_poverty_programs_are_more_effective_than_you_realize_.html

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/08/20/opinion/did-the-war-on-poverty-fail.html

http://www.drudge.com/news/175398/yes-war-poverty-worked

http://knowmore.washingtonpost.com/2013/12/19/the-war-on-poverty-worked-in-one-chart/

Name one bill that didn't pass congress that would have made a difference. Every major imitative of Obama was passed, every one. You use canards and false statements to try and make a point, doesn't work. Obama and the democrats have had control for 7 long years time for you to realize the disaster that they have wrought upon us. If you have children they have put them in so much debt they will never recover. I don't know what is going to happen but I know one thing. The democrats have been the majority party. The democrats have mocked republicans for not winning elections. The democrats have ruined this country and will place blame anywhere but where it belongs.

WAKE UP.

Last edited:
I don't know about riches, but your right. Welfare is insane. When you feed the impoverished, they will multiply along with their ethics.
47 million on food stamps :cuckoo: Most of these people on them won't ever want to give them up; they feel entitled. Many are fat asses who are steadily multipling. They can't feed themselves, but they still feel they are entitled to multiply - that it is the workers duty to provide for their progeny :cuckoo:
The saftey net ( laughable ) should be charity organizations; not a government redistribution apparatus. Too many spoiled gamers - work or stay hungry! :eusa_boohoo:

The lack of safety net is working so well in..........:confused:

What "Lack of safety net?"

The one you are proposing.

No that is a RINO you dummy. Like Ron Paul was a RINO . Like Boehner and McCain is .. They are not new and have been around for decades.

'Neocon' is a relatively recent term. They're Progressives. Check this out. It's very interesting...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYLftg-tIlE]John Stossel - Progressives And War - YouTube[/ame]

The one you are proposing.

What one am I proposing?

"The saftey net ( laughable ) should be charity organizations; not a government redistribution apparatus."

That one.

So you are saying that I posted that suggestion? Really? In the age of the internet you post something so factually incorrect it can only be consider a lie? Really. Go back and try again. Never mind, I never ever said anything about the safety net.

What one am I proposing?

"The saftey net ( laughable ) should be charity organizations; not a government redistribution apparatus."

That one.

So you are saying that I posted that suggestion? Really? In the age of the internet you post something so factually incorrect it can only be consider a lie? Really. Go back and try again. Never mind, I never ever said anything about the safety net.

I apologize. Someone else posted that suggestion. When you responded I assumed it was the original poster. My mistake.

Something tells me that many of you republicans live out deep within the country. You don't enjoy paved roads, police protections or even exist near public schools.

You're tough but you don't have a right to tell people that live within civilization not to enjoy such things.

That one.

I apologize. Someone else posted that suggestion. When you responded I assumed it was the original poster. My mistake.

That's OK, it is refreshing to have someone with the integrity to admit their mistakes.

Thanks.

Forum List

Back