Poverty , Inequality and crime.

CultureCitizen

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2013
I would argue that poverty, inequality beyond a certain point and lack of opportunities are related to crime.
Crime itself, left unchecked has a high economic cost : property and lifes are lost , criminals have to be prosecuted and incarcerated.
Relevant topics for discussion:
Are these concepts related in a casual way or are they just correlated ?
What kind of program would you propose to combat poverty and lack of job opportunities ? Or would you just leave the problem to the market forces?

remove the government/union monopoly on education

let parents send their kids to any public school and not the shithole that leftist created for them to aide in creating a dependent group of people.

It's all intentional, if not, they wouldn't keep doing the same failed ideas over and over

I would argue that poverty, inequality beyond a certain point and lack of opportunities are related to crime.
Crime itself, left unchecked has a high economic cost : property and lifes are lost , criminals have to be prosecuted and incarcerated.
What kind of program would you propose to combat poverty and lack of job opportunities ? Or would you just leave the problem to the market forces?
Use the death penalty, early, and often, with swiftness and certainty.

Require public service doing meaningful work of any able bodied person needing assistance, or, offer them FDR style work/education camps in return for assistance.

Decide whether we want immigrants taking the hard work low pay jobs, or whether we want to continue to pay able bodied Americans to NOT do work "Americans are to good to do".

There's poor whites and asians. When they're having the same problems, you don't see them committing a 1/3rd of the crime blacks do.
Care to share a link with stats? Could this be because there are three times more blacks in poverty ?

There's poor whites and asians. When they're having the same problems, you don't see them committing a 1/3rd of the crime blacks do.

Dont forget that whites also kill more people than every other races too. But Matthew also considers any murders by whites as not as bad because white faces dont make him pee pee his bed like the white ones do.

And yes they're linked.

Go into any country and find that the poorest communities have the highest crime rates. ANYWHERE.

SOLUTION TO POVERTY, INEQUALITY, and OPPORTUNITY ----- First, elect pro-America representatives to serve in government. All will be limited to one term. Secondly, re-write our unfair, unjust, and one-sided foreign trade agreements and policies, so that they become fair, equal, and balanced foreign trade agreements and policies. Thirdly, put America back to work, producing what America uses and consumes. End our dependency on foreign imports as much as possible. Fourth, severely punish the off-shore out-sourcing of our jobs. Severely punish the importing of labor. Severely punish anyone hiring, helping, or otherwise assisting illegal immigrants.

Poverty used to be the cause but now it's entitlement. Government has convinced a certain segment of our population that they are entitled to what everyone else has but shouldn't have to work for it.

Back in college I spent time as an observer in juvenile court, and I was amazed at the number of "middle class" kids who were committing these crimes. Kids with parents who were married and had jobs and seemed to care. I'm not sure its the poorest of the poor who are committing crimes.

Also, prior to the "civil rights" era, there was essentially no difference between crime rates in the white community and in the "colored" communities. Same for marriage rates and illegitimacy rates. It wasn't until the Great Society programs kicked in that the minority communities turned to shit.

SOLUTION TO POVERTY, INEQUALITY, and OPPORTUNITY ----- First, elect pro-America representatives to serve in government. All will be limited to one term. Secondly, re-write our unfair, unjust, and one-sided foreign trade agreements and policies, so that they become fair, equal, and balanced foreign trade agreements and policies. Thirdly, put America back to work, producing what America uses and consumes. End our dependency on foreign imports as much as possible. Fourth, severely punish the off-shore out-sourcing of our jobs. Severely punish the importing of labor. Severely punish anyone hiring, helping, or otherwise assisting illegal immigrants.

dear you lack the IQ to understand free trade. If we don't trade we have to make everything ourselves. Would you like to see each individual city state region or country make their own cars? It would mean instant poverty. Do you really lack the IQ to understand trade?

dear you lack the IQ to understand free trade. If we don't trade we have to make everything ourselves. Would you like to see each individual city state region or country make their own cars? It would mean instant poverty. Do you really lack the IQ to understand trade?
I never mentioned one single word about "free trade", not one. I never ever said anything about making everything ourselves, never. What comment are you responding to?

I never mentioned one single word about "free trade", not one.?

of course you did but you as a typical lack the IQ to know it. Everyone of your proposals restricted free trade meaning we would have to make more and more ourselves and get poorer and poorer in the process. After Smoot Hawley caused the Great Depression economists on both sides became free traders.

I never mentioned one single word about "free trade", not one.?

of course you did but you as a typical lack the IQ to know it. Everyone of your proposals restricted free trade meaning we would have to make more and more ourselves and get poorer and poorer in the process. After Smoot Hawley caused the Great Depression economists on both sides became free traders.
Nope, I never did, and you can't show me where I said it. I said fair, equal, and balanced foreign trade. I said put America back you work, producing what America uses and consumes. Go back and read, please.

put America back you work, producing what America uses and consumes.

how can you do that without restricting free trade you idiot!! Are we to grow our own bananas in hot houses for $10/LBS or buy them from Costa Rica for .10/LBS???

See why we say liberalism is based in pure ignorance??

put America back you work, producing what America uses and consumes.

how can you do that without restricting free trade you idiot!! Are we to grow our own bananas in hot houses for $10/LBS or buy them from Costa Rica for .10/LBS???

See why we say liberalism is based in pure ignorance??
We do NOT restrict free trade. If country "XYZ" exports $10 BILLION worth of goods to us in a year, then they must accept $10 Billion worth of our products. We import and export on a fair, equal, and balanced level of trade. If a country exports $10 Billion worth od coffee beans to us annually, then they must accept $10 Billion worth of our products. It works out for everyone. We import and export on a fair, equal, and balanced scale. It's really very simple.

We do NOT restrict free trade. If country "XYZ" exports $10 BILLION worth of goods to us in a year, then they must accept $10 Billion worth of our products.

you idiot that's not free trade, its the opposite. Capitalism increases our standard of living only when we get to buy what we want, not when some Nazi Liberal like you decides that we must buy junk rather than what we want and need to improve our standard of living.

Forum List

Back