Pothole Complaints!

masquerade

positivity
Oct 15, 2009
right of center
Here in Boston and the suburban outlining areas that I travel, the potholes are horrible! I'm so sick and tired of trying to steer around them and I always seem to hit one which feels like it's going to leave me with a flat tire. Where the hell are the road crews? It's April! The snow has been gone for some time now!

I tell ya, mechanics are making a fortune up here. Well, maybe not a fortune .. I can't back up that statement with facts, but I can say the vehicles up here in MA are taking a beating.

LOL, that time of year again.

Anyway they are pavement defeciencies not potholes.

Just be glad we don't have a libertarian govt or you would be fixing them yourself.
Maybe not a bad idea.....

Last edited:
LOL, that time of year again.

Anyway they are pavement defeciencies not potholes.

Just be glad we don't have a libertarian govt or you would be fixing them yourself.
Maybe not a bad idea.....

:lol:
pavement defeciencies!
Sorry, I wasn't being PC in my OP.

we got our fair share of potholes...i dont care what you call them...i hit the same damned pothole ever flipping morning the entire winter....they filled it in....one road ..they had to repair ...they came out with spray paint to paint the repair areas...its the whole road except for maybe 10 inches on the outer edges lol

They should rename Illinois and quit calling it the Land of Lincoln. Those should steal the motto from MN and beging to call Illinois "Land of 10,000 Potholes". It's awful here in this State. With as high as the taxes are here you would think we would have the best roads in the whole damned world. Inspite of all the tolls and high taxes I think we have the worst. It's a bitch to try and drink coffee while you drive...

Here in Boston and the suburban outlining areas that I travel, the potholes are horrible! I'm so sick and tired of trying to steer around them and I always seem to hit one which feels like it's going to leave me with a flat tire. Where the hell are the road crews? It's April! The snow has been gone for some time now!

I tell ya, mechanics are making a fortune up here. Well, maybe not a fortune .. I can't back up that statement with facts, but I can say the vehicles up here in MA are taking a beating.

I started joking to the kids that the holes in the road were auditioning for the sequel to The Hills Have Eyes.

There would be more money for road repair if the gasoline tax was based on a percentage of the price not on a fixed per gallon value.

As the price of oil goes up so does the cost of materals and fuel to repair the roads. Asphalt is a petro product remember.
And as the price goes up the total galloons sold generally tends to go down reducing the road tax income when the price for materials is going up.

They should rename Illinois and quit calling it the Land of Lincoln. Those should steal the motto from MN and beging to call Illinois "Land of 10,000 Potholes". It's awful here in this State. With as high as the taxes are here you would think we would have the best roads in the whole damned world. Inspite of all the tolls and high taxes I think we have the worst. It's a bitch to try and drink coffee while you drive...

Oh no no ... we here in MA have it the worst!

I started joking to the kids that the holes in the road were auditioning for the sequel to The Hills Have Eyes.

LOVE that movie! The original that is.

Because the government is so good at fixing them?

Actually they generally do pretty goood at fixing them.
Not all at once of course and there are weather considerations on when they can fix them.
Whine for mommy govt to take care of us.

I will NOT whine for a nanny state!

Many of the roads up here have been patched. It's just that some have gotten so bad, the entire road needs to be done over. The highways, main roads and secondary roads. I've hit the same damn pothole the past two mornings and it's pissing me off! Tomorrow morning will be a different story.

Because the government is so good at fixing them?

Not all at once of course and there are weather considerations on when they can fix them.

Many of the roads up here have been patched. It's just that some have gotten so bad, the entire road needs to be done over. The highways, main roads and secondary roads. I've hit the same damn pothole the past two mornings and it's pissing me off! Tomorrow morning will be a different story.

Trying out new potholes? You will be dissapointed I think.

Jusr remember the old ones that way you know when not to be taking a sip of coffee.

Trying out new potholes? You will be dissapointed I think.

Jusr remember the old ones that way you know when not to be taking a sip of coffee.

lol ~ so true!

Forum List

Back