Pothead in Washington state was high when he killed 7 year old girl trick-or-treating

So sorry about your traumatic brain injury, but back on point

So far all you have done is make stuff up in order to promote Pot Prohibition, and clearly your impaired brain function is getting in the way of you making a lucid post.
This is what you said at 5:29 pacific time this morning:

"Ah- see its hard to tell, since clearly you have suffered traumatic brain damage.

So far all you have done is make stuff up in order to promote Pot Prohibition, and clearly your impaired brain function is getting in the way of you making a lucid post."

Which one of us has the brain damage?

Well as I have pointed out- that would be you.

Public drunkenness actually went up, as people started drink less often, but binging on alcohol when they did drink.
So that explains the potheads? If it's legal they will use more but binge less? Is that what you're trying to communicate?

I am sorry, I think that your traumatic brain injury may be impeding your ability to understand again.

I would type slower for you, but I don't think that would help.

Maybe if you just re-read my post a few times- or better yet- read "The Poisoner's Handbook"- or had someone read it to you.

The Poisoner s Handbook Murder and the Birth of Forensic Medicine in Jazz Age New York Deborah Blum 9780143118824 Amazon.com Books

Do you honestly think people didn't drive high when pot was illegal? Seriously?

Wow. People are so out of touch with what is actually going on. Meanwhile, I read the article, and from the description of this guy (slurring his words, red droopy eyes) he sounds like he was also drunk.

Alcohol has killed far more people than pot. Yet nobody is clamoring to ban alcohol. When a drunk driver kills someone, nobody talks about banning alcohol.

Now that pot is legal, the availability increases, the use increases, thus these kind of stories will also increase.
False. Perhaps you are unaware how widely available pot is already in this country. Pot usage will not increase, it will just be obtained and used on a legal free market instead of a black market of crime.

I suggest you research alcohol prohibition and its effects. I shouldn't have to educate you on one of the worst social policies in US history.
Once pot becomes legal, it will not only be available much more in it's traditional form, but it will now be in edibles as well. With it throughout a state, more people who have traditionally not been exposed to it due to it's illegality will now be exposed. Many will then try it.
The market place will increase exposure, it is a no-brainer.
You think pot was not available in edible form before? Seriously? Pot brownies didn't exist until it was legalized? Interesting...

Let's look at actual data, shall we? Here is pot usage among youth in Colorado:
marijuana-use-by-Colorado-teenagers.jpg

It seems the more legal pot gets, the less teens actually use it. How about that? The reality is that the very fact that something is illegal encourages many people to do it. Doing something illegal gives people a rush.
I'm not talking about homemade brownies, I'm talking about edibles marketed in stores once legalization occurs.
I can make soda pop at home too, but do I have a distribution pipeline ? Once legalization occurs items can be mass produced and available throughout the state where it's legal. Again, it's availability, and once that occurs use will increase.
And by the way, your studies mean nothing until many years since legalization have gone by. Show me some stats ten years from now.
i showed you one from here in California at least 3 times in other pot threads....since 1994 when Med pot was legalized here and under an Oz was decriminalized.......the stats showed very little increase among HS kids and the general public from then till now......why?.....because it was always there and anyone could have done it at anytime even when the penalties were more severe, it was still being smoked by many in spite of that.....basically the article claimed none of the "horrors" that were supposed to happen....happened.....

Hope this asshole pothead gets what's coming to him.
We'll be seeing this more and more in Oregon after recreational pot is approved today.

November 4, 2014 at 11:30 AM
Prosecutors: Man accused of hitting trick-or-treaters in Vancouver was high

A man accused of striking and killing a 7-year-old girl who was trick-or-treating Halloween night was under the influence of marijuana at the time, prosecutors say.

Attired in a suicide smock and hanging his head, Duane C. Abbott appeared in Clark County Superior Court on suspicion of vehicular homicide and three counts of vehicular assault.

Cadence Boyer, 7, was walking with her mom, Annie Arnold, 32, 30-year-old Chelina Alsteen and an unidentified 6-year-old girl on a sidewalk along Northeast 112th Avenue in east Vancouver when they were struck by a Ford Mustang at about 8:20 p.m. The girls were out trick-or-treating.

All four were rushed to area hospitals. Cadence Boyer died Sunday at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center in Portland. Her autopsy is scheduled for today.

The 6-year-old girl, whose parents asked that her name not be released, is a first-grader at Orchards Elementary, according to Gail Spolar, spokeswoman for Evergreen Public Schools. The girl was in serious condition at a local hospital but was showing signs of improvement, the school said in a letter sent home to parents.

Arnold, Cadence Boyer’s mother, was listed in fair condition Monday at Legacy Emanuel Medical Center. Alsteen remained in critical condition at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center.

According to court documents, Abbott said he was changing lanes on northbound Northeast 112th Avenue when he lost control of his vehicle and drove up onto the sidewalk, striking the victims and a utility pole.

He said he smokes 2 to 3 grams of marijuana daily and had his last joint at 5 p.m. Friday, court records say.

Police reported that Abbott had red watery eyes and that they looked droopy. His speech also was slurred, police said.

A witnesses ran to the two injured little girls. One witness pulled one of the little girls away from the Mustang, which was on fire. Another witness held the head of the other little girl until emergency responders arrived.

Witnesses said Abbott crawled out of his vehicle and walked a short distance before collapsing on the ground, court records say.

Judge Robert Lewis held Abbott in lieu of $750,000 and appointed Vancouver attorney Jeff Sowder to defend him. He is scheduled to be arraigned on the charges Nov. 14.

Senior Deputy Prosecutor Kasey Vu said Abbott has an extensive criminal history dating back to 1981, including burglary, theft, forgery and escape.

Prosecutors Man accused of hitting trick-or-treaters in Vancouver was high The Today File Seattle Times

The pot had nothing to do with it. That's like saying the killer was a christian so we should outlaw christianity. Hey, not a bad idea.

I am sorry, I think that your traumatic brain injury may be impeding your ability to understand again.

Maybe if you just re-read my post a few times- or better yet- read "The Poisoner's Handbook"- or had someone read it to you.

The Poisoner s Handbook Murder and the Birth of Forensic Medicine in Jazz Age New York Deborah Blum 9780143118824 Amazon.com Books
Where is pot mentioned? Post the relevant portion.

Do you honestly think people didn't drive high when pot was illegal? Seriously?

Wow. People are so out of touch with what is actually going on. Meanwhile, I read the article, and from the description of this guy (slurring his words, red droopy eyes) he sounds like he was also drunk.

Alcohol has killed far more people than pot. Yet nobody is clamoring to ban alcohol. When a drunk driver kills someone, nobody talks about banning alcohol.

Now that pot is legal, the availability increases, the use increases, thus these kind of stories will also increase.
False. Perhaps you are unaware how widely available pot is already in this country. Pot usage will not increase, it will just be obtained and used on a legal free market instead of a black market of crime.

I suggest you research alcohol prohibition and its effects. I shouldn't have to educate you on one of the worst social policies in US history.
Once pot becomes legal, it will not only be available much more in it's traditional form, but it will now be in edibles as well. With it throughout a state, more people who have traditionally not been exposed to it due to it's illegality will now be exposed. Many will then try it.
The market place will increase exposure, it is a no-brainer.
You think pot was not available in edible form before? Seriously? Pot brownies didn't exist until it was legalized? Interesting...

Let's look at actual data, shall we? Here is pot usage among youth in Colorado:
marijuana-use-by-Colorado-teenagers.jpg

It seems the more legal pot gets, the less teens actually use it. How about that? The reality is that the very fact that something is illegal encourages many people to do it. Doing something illegal gives people a rush.
I'm not talking about homemade brownies, I'm talking about edibles marketed in stores once legalization occurs.
I can make soda pop at home too, but do I have a distribution pipeline ? Once legalization occurs items can be mass produced and available throughout the state where it's legal. Again, it's availability, and once that occurs use will increase.
And by the way, your studies mean nothing until many years since legalization have gone by. Show me some stats ten years from now.
Yes, studies that disprove your assumptions mean nothing. Haven't heard that one before. Perhaps you did not notice that the timeline of the study spanned roughly 20 years? Including 10 years of legal medical marijuana?

By the way, perhaps this is news to you, but before marijuana was made legal in Colorado there were distribution pipelines people used to buy and sell it. Marijuana is already being massed produced. Again, you have the totally false assumption that making something illegal stops production of it. That has never, and will never, be true.

Where is pot mentioned? Post the relevant portion.

Forum List

Back