Post-storm anger grows, especially outside Manhattan

Politicians are going to need to realize that photo-ops don't solve problems. I think that's one of Obama's biggest problems. He thinks just because he shows up or says something that problems will fix themselves. They don't.

Politicians are going to need to realize that photo-ops don't solve problems. I think that's one of Obama's biggest problems. He thinks just because he shows up or says something that problems will fix themselves. They don't.

The problem is Con-Ed. And to go even further, it is our 1940's vintage electrical power grid. Con-Ed is a for profit business, just as Dominion Power here is in Virginia. Obama and/or our government can throw all the money at Con-Ed they want now and it will still take weeks to restore power, because the utility companies put profits above all else.

Last edited:

The problem is Con-Ed. And to go even further, it is our 1940's vintage electrical power grid. Con-Ed is a for profit business, just as Dominion Power here is in Virginia. Obama and/or ouur government can throw all the money at Con-Ed they want now and it will still take weeks to restore power, because the utility companies put profits above all else.

:lmao:

Con-Eds business is providing power. You think this whole thing is profitable for them?
You actually think they are dragging feet because they want to somehow make a profit out of a situation that will cost them so much to restore services?

Like I said, fucking clueless.

The problem is Con-Ed. And to go even further, it is our 1940's vintage electrical power grid. Con-Ed is a for profit business, just as Dominion Power here is in Virginia. Obama and/or ouur government can throw all the money at Con-Ed they want now and it will still take weeks to restore power, because the utility companies put profits above all else.

:lmao:

Con-Eds business is providing power. You think this whole thing is profitable for them?
You actually think they are dragging feet because they want to somehow make a profit out of a situation that will cost them so much to restore services?

Like I said, fucking clueless.

No, you dumbass. The fact that they have not increased the reliability of their 1940's vintage power distribution system is profitable for them. Do I need to draw you morons a picture? Typing slowly does not seem to help you all that much.

The problem is Con-Ed. And to go even further, it is our 1940's vintage electrical power grid. Con-Ed is a for profit business, just as Dominion Power here is in Virginia. Obama and/or our government can throw all the money at Con-Ed they want now and it will still take weeks to restore power, because the utility companies put profits above all else.

Yep, it's so damned cheap to bring in power crews and equipment from all over the country like they are doing now. You arm chair experts really don't have a clue what is involved.

Except Con Ed runs one of the most sophiscated and largest, most reliable underground electrical grid in the world. Their distribution system is one of the best in the world.

But sure. Go ahead and claim outdated. Maybe if they installed more solar panels as part of the system they would be more updated. Fucking dullards abound.

Except Con Ed runs one of the most sophiscated and largest, most reliable underground electrical grid in the world. Their distribution system is one of the best int eh world.

But sure. Go ahgead and claim outdated. Maybe if they installed more solar panels as part of the system they would be more updated. Fuckign dullards abound.

Thank you for throwing in the part about solar panels, proving you have no fucking clue what power distribution systems are even comprised of. Go bash Obama in one of the other right wing threads. The adults are taking here.

Yep, it's so damned cheap to bring in power crews and equipment from all over the country like they are doing now. You arm chair experts really don't have a clue what is involved.

As an engineer by trade, I find the arm chair QBing of this situation fucking hilarious. People want to take 800 KWH generators and somehow they are going to hook them up downtown or on S.I to power people's homes. :lmao:

FUCKING DULLARDS!!! :lmao:

It most certianly is NOT cheap. However, these massive storms and/or outages happen so infrequently, that it is a risk these huge power companies are willing to take. If they were more concernd about the public they are supposed to serve, they would be actively and methodically updating their distribution system to guard against such storms. And no, cutting down tree limbs near elevated power lines strung from wooden poles is not good enough.

As an engineer by trade, I find the arm chair QBing of this situation fucking hilarious. People want to take 800 KWH generators and somehow they are going to hook them up downtown or on S.I to power people's homes. :lmao:

FUCKING DULLARDS!!! :lmao:

This idea is ludicrous unless step downs can be brought is as well, but the mammoth task of wiring it all together defeats it outright. However, to have a city in part participate in this event with the current plight of it's citizens is a bit outrageous.

Forum List

Back