Possible Record Cold Coming

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
I sure hope this isn't a preview of what's to come for the winter.

Looks like even parts of Florida are going to get cold.

Everyone needs to bundle up. It's getting cold out there.

Up to 170 cities are predicted to get record lows for this time of year.

My area won't get it but mountain roads are already closed here. The last almost 3 miles of Mt. Baker road closed at the beginning of last month. Same with several other mountain roads.

Looks like winter has come early this year.

Next week's Arctic blast will be so cold, forecasters expect it to break 170 records across US

It's been mild the past few winters in my area. It wouldn't surprise me if we get a bad winter. We're due for one.

We did set a new record cold here in Wisconsin last night, and they expect to break the old record cold again tonight.

I'm sure this cold is caused by global warming. Has to be. Nothing can cause more cold weather than global warming... :lol:

My area won't get it but mountain roads are already closed here. The last almost 3 miles of Mt. Baker road closed at the beginning of last month. Same with several other mountain roads.

Next week's Arctic blast will be so cold, forecasters expect it to break 170 records across US
GD climate change!

We’re due here in AL for a good, snowy winter. We don’t get them often; but we do get them. My dogs love playing in the snow...

It's a preview.
We started embarking on an Ice Age last year.
Wrap those pipes.

My one and only white Christmas was right here in east Tennessee back in 2002, but there has been at least one Christmas where our temperature was in the 60s, three or four years ago I believe it was.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

It's a preview.
Wrap those pipes.

No need. Pex Pipe. :thup:

I'm still here waiting for the New Ice Age per all the climatologists and Time magazine circa 1975. Been a helluva long wait. What's this I hear about burning the F up in 10 yrs. Am I being F with?

It's been mild the past few winters in my area. It wouldn't surprise me if we get a bad winter. We're due for one.

We had a bad one last year.

Snow fell and unusually stayed. For weeks. Usually we get snow and it melts quickly.

I live in an area that has serious hills. People from the east call our hills mountains.

When it snows here we get compact snow and ice on the road. If we didn't have the hills it wouldn't be as bad. I've had to go sideways down hills against the curb because of black ice and compact snow and ice. Praying that there wasn't any cross traffic at the bottom because there was no way I was going to be able to come to a complete stop.

I'm hoping that our snow stays in the mountains where it belongs this year.

We’re due here in AL for a good, snowy winter. We don’t get them often; but we do get them. My dogs love playing in the snow...

My German Shepherds loved to play in the snow. They just love it.

My mini shitzus hated the snow. However he had a very good reason. The first time I took him out into the snow, he stood in a place that normally drops a couple feet down for a rose garden. The snow had filled the whole area so he just walked over it. Or tried to.

Within seconds he sank into the snow and was buried. All I could see was his leash going into the snow. Then a few seconds later he popped out, snow flying.

From then on, if there was snow, he looked at me like forget it, I'm not walking out in that. I had to pick him up, walk him up the driveway to the street so he could walk in the ruts in the snow the car tires made.

It's a preview.
Wrap those pipes.

I hope not. I have never liked cold.

I have a vacation house by Mt. Rainier. We have had to build the water system so that it will drain all the water out when the water is turned off. We then put anti freeze in the toilet and turn all the faucets on so the pipes or the toilet doesn't freeze.

It's a pain to do but if we don't do it, pipes freeze, the toilet bursts. Not fun. No amount of wrapping pipes will work there.

We had a bad one last year.

Snow fell and unusually stayed. For weeks. Usually we get snow and it melts quickly.

I live in an area that has serious hills. People from the east call our hills mountains.

When it snows here we get compact snow and ice on the road. If we didn't have the hills it wouldn't be as bad. I've had to go sideways down hills against the curb because of black ice and compact snow and ice. Praying that there wasn't any cross traffic at the bottom because there was no way I was going to be able to come to a complete stop.

I'm hoping that our snow stays in the mountains where it belongs this year.
Chain up... that's about the only thing you can do if you HAVE to drive on ice.

We had the coldest October on record and now the are forecasting a milder winter.

If there is cold it is your imagination. Global warming you know. It's not cold at all.

Now if it gets cold enough to freeze the Somalis out of Maine, that's cold.

I'm still here waiting for the New Ice Age per all the climatologists and Time magazine circa 1975. Been a helluva long wait. What's this I hear about burning the F up in 10 yrs. Am I being F with?

Yes.
An ice age lasts 90,000 years with 10,000 year glacial melting interruptions.
So, if my calculations are right, the glacial melting interruptions peaked 2 years ago.
Antarctica as I speak has begun to form more ice.
Fuck The Times, they rarely get anything right. Especially long term trends!
BTW.....I'm not fuckin' with ya'.

My wife is an elevation snob like that too. She is from California, A liberal refugee, and she laughs every time I refer to the Appalachians as mountains.

Being from Texas, a ravine is sometimes 'hills' and a hill can be referred to as a mountain, especially if it is along an escarpment.

Yes.
An ice age lasts 90,000 years with 10,000 year glacial melting interruptions.
So, if my calculations are right, the glacial melting interruptions peaked 2 years ago.
Antarctica as I speak has begun to form more ice.
Fuck The Times, they rarely get anything right. Especially long term trends!
BTW.....I'm not fuckin' with ya'.
You can say that again. Again. I'm still waiting...nearing 50 years

Forum List

Back