Zone1 Possible Forgiveness Strategy

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
This goes against everything I was taught and everything I read. I just wanted to offer a more logical theology or Christology. Here goes……

God passionately hates sin and becomes angrily violent when someone sins. However if blood is spilled then someone paid for the sin which appeases God. Jesus Christ finally came to take responsibility for all the sin and his blood was spilled which appeased God. Now God no longer is angry towards humanity. That’s why God doesn’t go around smiting people anymore or telling people what to do and stuff like that. Jesus Christ said, “It is finished.” Could it be that this blood thirsty God was finally appeased forever when Christ was killed? Could it be that we now live in an eternal era of forgiveness and grace? That is why God no longer punishes or intervenes with the affairs of mankind. Could the story of Christ’s resurrection be true after all? Everyone is now “saved” from God’s wrath. There is no action, worship, sacrifice, words, repentance, or any other obligation to protect us from God’s wrath. Perhaps Christ wasn’t lying when he said, “It is finished.” We no longer have to believe the lies of people who tell us God wants this or God wants that. We are free from condemnation through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Anybody who says otherwise just wants to control you for some odd reason.

Last edited:
This goes against everything I was taught and everything I read. I just wanted to offer a more logical theology or Christology. Here goes……

God passionately hates sin and becomes angrily violent when someone sins. However if blood is spilled then someone paid for the sin which appeases God. Jesus Christ finally came to take responsibility for all the sin and his blood was spilled which appeased God. Now God no longer is angry towards humanity. That’s why God doesn’t go around smiting people anymore or telling people what to do and stuff like that. Jesus Christ said, “It is finished.” Could it be that this blood thirsty God was finally appeased forever when Christ was killed? Could it be that we now live in an eternal era of forgiveness and grace? That is why God no longer punishes or intervenes with the affairs of mankind. Could the story of Christ’s resurrection be true after all? Everyone is now “saved” from God’s wrath. There is no action, worship, sacrifice, words, repentance, or any other obligation to protect us from God’s wrath. Perhaps Christ wasn’t lying when he said, “It is finished.” We no longer have to believe the lies of people who tell us God wants this or God wants that. We are free from condemnation through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Anybody who says otherwise just wants to control you for some odd reason.
:auiqs.jpg:
Translation: God grew up and finally "accepts me as I am"

Good luck with that

:auiqs.jpg:
Translation: God grew up and finally "accepts me as I am"

Good luck with that

Just because God is indifferent towards me, which I have tons of experience that validates that belief, that doesn’t mean humans will accept me as I am or refrain from punishing me through various methods. This wouldn’t be an amoral free for all. It would just give us the license to ignore fools who try to exert some sort of godly authority that they do not possess. If Jesus Christ said it is finished then there is nothing more to do. It’s over. Now we are just humans grappling around trying to make sense of things without the benefit of an all powerful deity to intervene on our behalf.

We no longer have to believe the lies of people who tell us God wants this or God wants that. We are free from condemnation through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Anybody who says otherwise just wants to control you for some odd reason.
Loving deities don't hate.....

that is a manifestation of terrestrial beings that interpret celestial doctrine for their own gains

~S~

That’s the biggest beef I see with the way many if not most Christians today operate. They can go around fucking other people over, and with a quick recital of “Jesus forgive me”. They are absolved of any guilt. And therefore any obligation to the person they fucked over. I see it time, and time again.

Loving deities don't hate.....

that is a manifestation of terrestrial beings that interpret celestial doctrine for their own gains

~S~
Where's the "hate"?
Maybe you don't understand the big picture ore even what love is

That’s the biggest beef I see with the way many if not most Christians today operate. They can go around fucking other people over, and with a quick recital of “Jesus forgive me”. They are absolved of any guilt. And therefore any obligation to the person they fucked over. I see it time, and time again.
You see nothing. It is your interpretation of what you see fed by the father of lies. You have been deceived and you are comfortable with that

Where's the "hate"?
>>>>

1669810371975.png

:dance:
~S~

So, since Jesus died on the cross & rose again, His sacrifice has atoned for all sins from that point through all eternity, regardless of any actions, no matter how evil, & whether someone accepts or rejects the salvation?

Think about what you're talking about here- No consequences, do whatever you want or makes you feel good in the moment, no thoughts for others, lie, cheat, steal, murder, everything goes & we have an eternal Get Out of Jail Free card.
Hitler is in Heaven, along with every serial killer & child molester that never repented for their sins...

It not only goes against scripture but it make zero sense as well.
God gave us His Son so that whoever believed in Him would be forgiven & saved.
Jesus forgave but with the caveat that we were to go & sin no more.

You see nothing. It is your interpretation of what you see fed by the father of lies. You have been deceived and you are comfortable with that
Hardly. I see it plain as day. And see it quite regularly. There is no mistaking the witnessing one wronging another, yet seeking no forgiveness from they whom they have wronged; yet satisfying themselves with the forgiveness of their savior.

You “try” too hard, and posit many assumptions you could not possibly know.

Such people are fooling themselves and you can't fool God. That's the premise of the all knowing God. It's a major fallacy to believe one can just magically eliminate their sin through a good word and wave of their hand.

This concept has probably been propagated by those who'd like others to believe that as they engage in their evil deeds, or some other benefit. It's not their soul, why should they care? They may well be saved, but I can't believe it's a sudden and simple verbal process,

I had a dream once in which some person was on their death bed, I didn't know who they were, but it felt real. I was watching from a distance as some other person was standing over then, I don't know if they were an apparition or what, but, I heard some of the conversation between them.

In essence, it was being quietly but firmly communicated that a lifetime of sin and abuse of others was not just going to be forgiven. There wasn't going to be heaven for this mans soul, he had the time to right the wrong, to change, to admit his sins, repent, make amends and find God, but he didn't. He lived his entire life pretending he could one day do as he is trying now on his deathbed.

It was a dark dream but it was compelling enough to impact how I view God, sin and redemption,

So, since Jesus died on the cross & rose again, His sacrifice has atoned for all sins from that point through all eternity, regardless of any actions, no matter how evil, & whether someone accepts or rejects the salvation?

Think about what you're talking about here- No consequences, do whatever you want or makes you feel good in the moment, no thoughts for others, lie, cheat, steal, murder, everything goes & we have an eternal Get Out of Jail Free card.
Hitler is in Heaven, along with every serial killer & child molester that never repented for their sins...

It not only goes against scripture but it make zero sense as well.
God gave us His Son so that whoever believed in Him would be forgiven & saved.
Jesus forgave but with the caveat that we were to go & sin no more.
It’s more than that. It is also to repent. Which many Christian’s have taken to mean “ask for forgiveness, which is false doctrine. It literally means to turn back, and/or undo that which one has done. Something most Christian’s have no interest in doing. Many are content to keep their Ill gotten gains, say they are sorry, and promise to try not doing it again…

It’s more than that. It is also to repent. Which many Christian’s have taken to mean “ask for forgiveness, which is false doctrine. It literally means to turn back, and/or undo that which one has done. Something most Christian’s have no interest in doing. Many are content to keep their Ill gotten gains, say they are sorry, and promise to try not doing it again…
You are confusing Christians for those that call themselves the same but betray that lie with their deeds.
A true Christian following the Word of God & teaching of His Son Jesus knows you don't get to keep ill gotten gains, you must repent & atone.
True repentance is completely stopping the behavior, not promising to try.
Atonement is righting the wrong.

Not everyone that believes Jesus is the Son of God goes to Heaven.

You are confusing Christians for those that call themselves the same but betray that lie with their deeds.
A true Christian following the Word of God & teaching of His Son Jesus knows you don't get to keep ill gotten gains, you must repent & atone.
True repentance is completely stopping the behavior, not promising to try.
Atonement is righting the wrong.

Not everyone that believes Jesus is the Son of God goes to Heaven.
When I mention the keeping of ill gotten gains I refer to more than material items. For a less material example…
It also applies to the adulterous spouse who leaves their husband, or wife, then takes up with another. How many whom have asked for forgiveness even consider truly “repenting” that sin? Precious few I’d wager. Undoing the tangle of one’s sin can be one of the most humbling, humiliating, and difficult things a person can do. Sometimes not even possible to succeed at. However the onus is on the transgressor of the sin to attempt with all their heart to do so.

I see it differently

God hates sin because He knows how harmful it is to the sinners and others around them

So He does not have to punish sinners

We do that to ourselves

However if blood is spilled then someone paid for the sin which appeases God. Jesus Christ finally came to take responsibility for all the sin and his blood was spilled which appeased God. Now God no longer is angry towards humanity.
The reason I don't believe this is correct, is that over seven hundred years before Jesus, Hosea had a message from God. It was: I don’t want your sacrifices—I want your love; I don’t want your offerings—I want you to know me.

In the Matthew's Gospel, Jesus quote Hosea and instructed the people to go and learn that.

What we have in Jesus' life and death is Jesus' insistence that sins are forgiveness and that we are God's redeemed people. We are to learn to love and to know God. That is the better use of our time/life than sacrificial burnt offerings. God never was mad at us, God never needed to be appeased. What we needed was to learn that despite the sin of Adam and Eve, despite the sins of all mankind, turning from sin draws us into the Kingdom of God and thereby redemption.

Forum List

Back