Positive Change

Some good news in 2020. One of Virginia's statues in Statutory Hall in the Capital will replace Robert E. Lee with a more aspirational choice.

I've heard of a lot great military leaders, but haven't heard of her. What war did she serve in? Was she a Major or a General?

And why is she dressed like Dale Evans? That's no way to go into battle.

Why do statues have to always be of the military? Anyway, she wasn't a traitor to her country.

No confederate soldier was ever convicted of treason because they were not traitors. It was a civil war moron. Much like the one that is brewing today.

they could have publicly executed them in the end, yet did not......

~S~

But I don't know what to do--Cricklewood Green, 1971?

More anti-American censorship is good news?
The OP is another nazi.

How is swapping out one statue for another being a Nazi? I don't think they call that censorship.
Adding a statue might not be but usurpation definitely is censorship.

It's not. They only get two spots and they felt fighting for civil rights was more of what they want to celebrate than enslavement.
You’re kowtowing to censorship and history revision.

The OP is another nazi.

How is swapping out one statue for another being a Nazi? I don't think they call that censorship.

It's not. They only get two spots and they felt fighting for civil rights was more of what they want to celebrate than enslavement.

I'm not doing either. Lee will always be the racist slave owning general who killed Americans regardless if his statue is in a place of honor or not. There is nothing against swapping out statues in Statuary Hall. In fact the following changes have been made in the past.

Oh no, look at all that historical revisionism and censorship you never bothered to be worried about before.

The OP is another nazi.

I'm not doing either. Lee will always be the racist slave owning general who killed Americans regardless if his statue is in a place of honor or not. There is nothing against swapping out statues in Statuary Hall. In fact the following changes have been made in the past.

Oh no, look at all that historical revisionism and censorship you never bothered to be worried about before.
Look at your timeline!
This is a sinister attempt at history revision for the purpose of usurping the culture so as to make Marxism
implementation easier. And you’re a dupe.
Honest people know that you can’t apply today’s standards to other eras because they didn’t have the benefit of hindsight.
Totally dishonest.

The OP is another nazi.

Look at your timeline!
This is a sinister attempt at history revision for the purpose of usurping the culture so as to make Marxism
Honest people know that you can’t apply today’s standards to other eras because they didn’t have the benefit of hindsight.
Totally dishonest.

What about the timeline? Sinister? Give it a rest pearl clutcher. The confederacy is dead and Virginia moved on.

The OP is another nazi.

Look at your timeline!
Totally dishonest.

What about the timeline? Sinister? Give it a rest pearl clutcher. The confederacy is dead and Virginia moved on.
You’re hopelessly ignorant.
You have no respect for history or honor. That sucks.

The OP is another nazi.

Look at your timeline!
Totally dishonest.

I have respect for history, I have very little reason to honor the memory of those whose biggest contribution was to kill Americans for the cause of slavery. You feel differently.

The OP is another nazi.

Look at your timeline!
Totally dishonest.

I have respect for history, I have very little reason to honor the memory of those whose biggest contribution was to kill Americans for the cause of slavery. You feel differently.
For someone who respects history you have a very indoctrinated and inaccurate view.

The OP is another nazi.

Look at your timeline!
Totally dishonest.
I got tired of his circular BS arguments and ignored him--makes life easier for me.

The OP is another nazi.

Look at your timeline!
Totally dishonest.

For someone who respects history you have a very indoctrinated and inaccurate view.

Great, feel free to go into great detail about it.

Do you think a statue of a guy who was a staunch defender of the union and Lincoln who helped to ensure California didn't become a separate republic should have been replaced by Reagan? What is that doing to history and whatever?

The OP is another nazi.

Look at your timeline!
Totally dishonest.
I got tired of his circular BS arguments and ignored him--makes life easier for me.
I have a feeling this will result in another member dropped into the ignore bin.

The OP is another nazi.

Look at your timeline!
Totally dishonest.

Do you think a statue of a guy who was a staunch defender of the union and Lincoln who helped to ensure California didn't become a separate republic should have been replaced by Reagan? What is that doing to history and whatever?
If you have a legit gripe about censorship and history revision don’t try to qualify your grievance by endorsing the same thing.

The OP is another nazi.

Look at your timeline!
Totally dishonest.

If you have a legit gripe about censorship and history revision don’t try to qualify your grievance by endorsing the same thing.

Can't even answer a simple question?

I don't have a problem with the Reagan statue swap and you don't either except you kind of locked yourself in, didn't you? Good job on the self own.

The OP is another nazi.

Look at your timeline!
Totally dishonest.

I don't have a problem with the Reagan statue swap and you don't either except you kind of locked yourself in, didn't you? Good job on the self own.
Just because you’re OK with censorship it doesn’t mean anyone else has to be.

The OP is another nazi.

Look at your timeline!
Totally dishonest.

Just because you’re OK with censorship it doesn’t mean anyone else has to be.

So, you have a problem with the Reagan statue then? Because of censorship? You idiot.

Some good news in 2020. One of Virginia's statues in Statutory Hall in the Capital will replace Robert E. Lee with a more aspirational choice.

The reactionary right is frightened of positive, beneficial change and diversity; they won't be happy that their symbol of racism and hate is being removed.

Yeah, it meshes so well with the "Democrats being the party of slavery" too.

Forum List

Back