Portland store shuts down, posts blistering note on front door slamming rampant crime: 'city is in peril'

Nova78

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
Colorado

A Portland, Oregon, clothing shop permanently shut down this month after facing a string of break-ins that has left the store financially gutted, according to a note posted to the front of the store.

Thefts have plagued retail chains nationwide in recent years. The National Retail Federation conducted a survey that found organized retail crime increased by 26.5% in 2021, resulting in a multi-billion dollar issue for businesses.

Violent crime in Portland has skyrocketed over the last few years. A recent study found it rose most precipitously in 2020 when the city saw near-nightly protests and riots over the death of George Floyd.
The city saw a 58% increase in homicides in 2020 compared to the year prior, and 2021 notched a 54% increase in homicides compared to the already violent and bloody 2020. The number of homicides in 2021 was a 238% increase from the numbers recorded in 2018.
Them Dems sure know how ruin a city
1669561294979.png

1669561257953.png

A Portland, Oregon, clothing shop permanently shut down this month after facing a string of break-ins that has left the store financially gutted, according to a note posted to the front of the store.

Thefts have plagued retail chains nationwide in recent years. The National Retail Federation conducted a survey that found organized retail crime increased by 26.5% in 2021, resulting in a multi-billion dollar issue for businesses.

Violent crime in Portland has skyrocketed over the last few years. A recent study found it rose most precipitously in 2020 when the city saw near-nightly protests and riots over the death of George Floyd.
The city saw a 58% increase in homicides in 2020 compared to the year prior, and 2021 notched a 54% increase in homicides compared to the already violent and bloody 2020. The number of homicides in 2021 was a 238% increase from the numbers recorded in 2018.
Them Dems sure know how ruin a city
View attachment 731461
View attachment 731460

Trump was president in 2020.

I don't know anything about him.

Well, perhaps you could smarten up and educate before you go trying to blame this on Trump (which was your very obvious intent).

The President doesn't run cities. Mayors do that, and Ted Wheeler has proven himself to be just about the worst Mayor in the country right now. Portland has become synonymous with the word "lawlessness".

I have friends there (I lived there briefly) and even those who were the most left-leaning have taken to arming themselves, just in case. He has destroyed that city and has seen to it that it can now be legitimately mentioned in the same breath as Detroit and Chicago when it comes to crime...

Well, perhaps you could smarten up and educate before you go trying to blame this on Trump (which was your very obvious intent).

The President doesn't run cities. Mayors do that, and Ted Wheeler has proven himself to be just about the worst Mayor in the country right now. Portland has become synonymous with the word "lawlessness".

I have friends there (I lived there briefly) and even those who were the most left-leaning have taken to arming themselves, just in case. He has destroyed that city and has seen to it that it can now be legitimately mentioned in the same breath as Detroit and Chicago when it comes to crime...
Throwing out the Taskforce for 21 st Century Policing didn't help.

Smart? surada? Come on man. :laughing0301:

I think throwing out the Taskforce for 21st Century Policing was a huge mistake.

I suppose that can be debated.

What can't be debated is that Ted Wheeler has been at the helm of Portland for almost six years, and in those six years he's allowed it to turn into a slum.

Ted Wheeler shoulders the full weight of responsibility for what Portland has become...

I suppose that can be debated.

What can't be debated is that Ted Wheeler has been at the helm of Portland for almost six years, and in those six years he's allowed it to turn into a slum.

Ted Wheeler shoulders the full weight of responsibility for what Portland has become...

Since Trump became president 6 years ago???

Forum List

Back