Portland Rapid Response Team Resigns Ahead of Upcoming Riots

Do you support "defunding the police" and removing legal protections from the police?

• Yes, the fewer cops on the streets the better

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No, I support the police, they have a very difficult job to do

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters
Seems that cops think following the law is just too hard for them to do. If they have to take the chance of being held responsible for their actions, they would rather just quit.
i think it is people who choose to be career criminals have no respect for the law.
You've made your thoughts clear, however, criminals haven't recently changed. The only thing that has changed is the cops being held responsible for their actions when they didn't have to worry about that before. Not being able to get away with breaking the rules seems to have taken all the fun out of being a cop, so they just quit. Of course, if you can think of some other recent change that caused them to quit, I will certainly give it a fair evaluation.
yep blm thugs thugd trying it lazer their eyes , throw rocks an glass at them. bite them . the list goes on and the cities not backing them up.
So you think backing the cops should allow them to break the law? Which laws do you think should be repealed for the cops?
I didnt say that. And not all cops are cirminals just cause some one doesnt want to be arrested. the bad ones should defenitley be put to pasture. and those are far and inbetween.
So why did all those big babies quit?
because the city isnt backing thme up and letting people abuse them.

Gotta love it

It is so sad that myself and 12 fellow patriots approve of this bullshit

We approve because we'd never want a loved one to suffer the horrors of you utter scum bag ITDS suffers (Infantile)

So, what are you going to do to reduce the murder rate then?

The worst murder rate in the first world, by about 4 or 5 times.

And yet any time anyone brings up sensible suggestions you knock them down.

Seems that cops think following the law is just too hard for them to do. If they have to take the chance of being held responsible for their actions, they would rather just quit.
i think it is people who choose to be career criminals have no respect for the law.
You've made your thoughts clear, however, criminals haven't recently changed. The only thing that has changed is the cops being held responsible for their actions when they didn't have to worry about that before. Not being able to get away with breaking the rules seems to have taken all the fun out of being a cop, so they just quit. Of course, if you can think of some other recent change that caused them to quit, I will certainly give it a fair evaluation.
yep blm thugs thugd trying it lazer their eyes , throw rocks an glass at them. bite them . the list goes on and the cities not backing them up.
So you think backing the cops should allow them to break the law? Which laws do you think should be repealed for the cops?
I didnt say that. And not all cops are cirminals just cause some one doesnt want to be arrested. the bad ones should defenitley be put to pasture. and those are far and inbetween.

But the arguments in this thread seem to indicate otherwise.

The accused cop struck a person with the Baton. The baton is a deadly weapon. You can easily kill someone with it. But the cop wasn’t charged with any of the potential felonies. Assault with a deadly weapon as one example. It was simple misdemeanor assault.

Worst case scenario if the cop is convicted is what? A fine and some community service.

But he and his fellow cops are outraged. Outraged not because the city isn’t behind them. No. They didn’t quit because of a riot or people lining up to curse and spit on them like they were Vets returning from Vietnam. They quit because a fellow cop was charged with a misdemeanor.

The cops always say if you disagree or think the cop is wrong argue it in court. But when the shoe is on their foot even the indictment is too much to tolerate.

This problem has arisen not because of any of the propaganda from the left. But because the propaganda from the right isn’t working.

The pro cop propaganda isn’t working anymore. The few bad apples argument is getting used so often it is practically a Top 40 song and dance anymore.

Read that and the changes to the law. What is so outrageous about those laws? What is so insane and going to harm cops? The requirement that they report misconduct? With the few bad apples argument the cops were doing that before weren’t they?

For a long time cops had been able to fight those changes. The worn out argument that any change would cost cops lives just isn’t working.

If Chauvin had maintained the airway on Floyd we wouldn’t have had a summer of riots would we? It would have been a minor story of another arrest.

For a very long time I’ve written that change was coming to the cops. If they wanted to minimize those changes and keep them reasonable they needed to lead the effort. Nope. Not gonna happen. Now change is being forced upon them. And this is just the beginning.

Those fifty cops are dumbasses. Their action looks petty and petulant. And they think it sends a message. It does. But not the one they want. Instead of saying how important they are. It says they have no intention of being treated equally with the mere public. They are special. They are above all of that. They are not the common riff raft.

Those fifty cops will go to smaller departments and make less money. And they will pretend the changes they oppose will not affect them there. Wait and see. There will be more of them charged as they stubbornly refuse to admit the times are changing. As they smack some guy around in those smaller departments.

The times are always changing. And these fifty punks want to go back to before. When they got away with it. No police department needs those kinds of officers. So I repeat what I first said. Good riddance.

So why did all those big babies quit?
because the city isnt backing thme up and letting people abuse them.
So be specific. What would backing them up look like to you? Should the courts be overruled when they find a cop broke the law? Do you want to change the laws to allow cops to ignore the rules at will? Evidently, the response to that one cop's actions so angered other cops to make them want to quit. What was so unfair about that one cop's treatment? Was he accused of a crime he didn't do?

Spoiled brats, not tough enough too handle the job they volunteered for.
Tell that to someone getting their limbs ripped off there
Just because you enforce the law doesn't mean you are above the law or are a sovereign citizen.
HMmm, yet this loon supports not identifying Ashli Babbitt’s murderer. Seems we have hypocrisy here. The Portland police have tried to do their jobs with ZERO support from the mayor. Told to stand down, getting actually assaulted many times. And wonder why police are quitting that shithole.
Losers always quit.

Plenty of people quit jobs, when they see the risk doesn't justify the reward. We have employment at will in this country, not involuntary servitude. Doesn't make someone a "loser" if they re-weigh the risks/rewards of an opportunity and decide not to take it

Gotta love it

We approve because we'd never want a loved one to suffer the horrors of you utter scum bag ITDS suffers (Infantile)

"First world" is an arbitrary designation.

America's murder rate is actually in the middle of the pack.

Considering the Fact that so many of America's murders are committed in those areas dominated by immigrants from countrieswith high murder rates, it isn't a surprising fact. Maybe a wall to prevent these murder-hungry folks from coming across so easily- so we can vet who comes here?

I have no reason to comment on something you claim happened.

I didn't claim anything happened that wasn't supported in the articles posted.
Your comment, telling me you have no reason to comment, is an excellent example of your utter bullshit ... :thup:

The article didn't say that anyone refused to prosecute anyone.

The one I posted, and contained within your response to me did.
So you either didn't read the article, or cannot read

The Portland Police Bureau’s Rapid Response Team voted to disband Wednesday night in an unprecedented move following a year of civil unrest.

The team’s vote came one day after a team member, Officer Cody Budworth, was indicted on criminal charges, accused of using excessive force against a protester during a declared riot last August. Another team member, Det. Erik Kammerer, is also currently under review by the Oregon Department of Justice for his use of force during a protest.

Good luck Portland, you'll need it.

Portland police’s rapid response team resigns after year of civil unrest

The Portland Police Bureau’s Rapid Response Team voted to disband Wednesday night in an unprecedented move following a year of civil unrest.

The team’s vote came one day after a team member, Officer Cody Budworth, was indicted on criminal charges, accused of using excessive force against a protester during a declared riot last August. Another team member, Det. Erik Kammerer, is also currently under review by the Oregon Department of Justice for his use of force during a protest.

Duplicate thread, please delete.

Gotta love it

Considering the Fact that so many of America's murders are committed in those areas dominated by immigrants from countrieswith high murder rates, it isn't a surprising fact. Maybe a wall to prevent these murder-hungry folks from coming across so easily- so we can vet who comes here?

In the middle of the pack if we include lots of poor countries.

Let's be arbitrary, I'm going to say Portugal and up is first world. Seems to be the lowest country on the list I might consider first world, though barely.

Portugal 0.79 murder rate
Kuwait 1.8
Czech Republic 0.6
Estonia 2.12
Slovenia 0.48
Cyprus 1.26
Bahamas 30.9 (problem here is that the Bahamas isn't really first world, it's got a high GDP per capita, but that's because there are some very rich people dodging taxes)
Spain .62

I could go on, all the countries Portugal and above that have a high GDP per capita and have a lower level of income inequality (ie, poorer people have a relatively decent standard of living) will have much lower murder rate that the US which has 4.96.

The US is 94th in the world for murder (1st being the lowest murder rate)

The countries immediately below the US (slightly lower murder) are Kenya, Angola, Micronesia, Lithuania, Niger, Chile, North Korea, Latvia, Somalia, Turkmenistan.

Above it's Cuba, Kazakhstan, Sudan, Zambia, Greenland, Argentina, American Samoa, Suriname

Hardly countries that are used to be close to the US on such lists, wouldn't you say?

And then come the excuses. I'm sure plenty of European first world countries could fiddle with their statistics and say that those immigrants, those minorities, taken out would reduce their crime and murder rates further.

The point is the US has violent areas. Why?

Lots of reasons why, but the main one would be SELFISHNESS of the people and politicians.

Gotta love it

Let's be arbitrary, I'm going to say Portugal and up is first world. Seems to be the lowest country on the list I might consider first world, though barely.

Kuwait 1.8
Czech Republic 0.6
Estonia 2.12
Slovenia 0.48
Cyprus 1.26
Bahamas 30.9 (problem here is that the Bahamas isn't really first world, it's got a high GDP per capita, but that's because there are some very rich people dodging taxes)
Spain .62

I could go on, all the countries Portugal and above that have a high GDP per capita and have a lower level of income inequality (ie, poorer people have a relatively decent standard of living) will have much lower murder rate that the US which has 4.96.

The countries immediately below the US (slightly lower murder) are Kenya, Angola, Micronesia, Lithuania, Niger, Chile, North Korea, Latvia, Somalia, Turkmenistan.

Above it's Cuba, Kazakhstan, Sudan, Zambia, Greenland, Argentina, American Samoa, Suriname

Hardly countries that are used to be close to the US on such lists, wouldn't you say?

And then come the excuses. I'm sure plenty of European first world countries could fiddle with their statistics and say that those immigrants, those minorities, taken out would reduce their crime and murder rates further.

Lots of reasons why, but the main one would be SELFISHNESS of the people and politicians.
First those countries are the size of one of our states so comparing that way is iffy.

When it comes to any American statistics I want to see 2 numbers

1- The overall number
2- The number less the blacks

If you took the Blacks out of US crime stats, we would be higher than the highest of any one of those

Same with educational stats. If you take the black equation out, We would be way way higher than the pathetic state we're in

Same with VD

Same with bastard making sport fucking

This is not racist, it is realist

Gotta love it

Kuwait 1.8
Czech Republic 0.6
Estonia 2.12
Slovenia 0.48
Cyprus 1.26
Spain .62

I don't see it.

America is one of the least selfish nations on the Face of the Earth. We give more money to charity that almost anyone. When people are needed to sponsor little starving Ethiopian children, Sally Struthers appeals to Americans, not Eurotrash.

Gotta love it

Kuwait 1.8
Czech Republic 0.6
Estonia 2.12
Slovenia 0.48
Cyprus 1.26
Spain .62

I don't see it.

America is one of the least selfish nations on the Face of the Earth. We give more money to charity that almost anyone. When people are needed to sponsor little starving Ethiopian children, Sally Struthers appeals to Americans, not Eurotrash.
HELL..................We care more about non american children than our own.

These libturds aren't even worth organ harvesting

Duplicate thread, please delete.
Please Don't. We need 10 of these threads to wake the fukterds up here

Gotta love it

Kuwait 1.8
Czech Republic 0.6
Estonia 2.12
Slovenia 0.48
Cyprus 1.26
Spain .62

I don't see it.

Conservatives care about kids. Right up until they come out of the Playdoh Fun Factory of life. Then it is screw the kids. We can’t afford them.

Republicans care about Unborn American Kids.

Gotta love it

Kuwait 1.8
Czech Republic 0.6
Estonia 2.12
Slovenia 0.48
Cyprus 1.26
Spain .62

I don't see it.

Conservatives care about kids. Right up until they come out of the Playdoh Fun Factory of life. Then it is screw the kids. We can’t afford them.

Republicans care about Unborn American Kids.
Well we have a problem here first. I am a very pro abortion conservative.

Why?...If you don't even care about the life you made, why the hell should I ?

Problem is it seems like a lot of people today should have been abortions, and probably those Hoovered would have been better

Forum List

Back