Portland lesbian bar shuts down five days after opening for not being woke enough

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
Snip
But the excitement about a new progressive hangout dissipated quickly. Within days, Doc Marie's found itself on the receiving end of accusations of not being inclusive enough for trans people and people of color. Despite mask mandates being lifted in Portland, patrons accused the bar of not implementing enough COVID safety measures. Patrons also claimed that Doc Marie's had "culturally appropriative art" on the walls…

Employees of Doc Marie's created an Instagram page to echo these concerns. They claimed that the owners weren't proactive enough in creating a safe space and accused the owners of racism. The employees also demanded that the bar host "free opportunities for education" for the community.

Snip

We felt misled about the space being safe and welcoming. Our vision is a queer worker owned cooperative that is ran democratically, provides mutual aid, and hosts free opportunities for education to our community

Read it all at the former United States of America's most trusted source for news

After they steal it from the owners
All these stolen collective businesses always fall flat on thier faces ....gee I wonder why

Snip
But the excitement about a new progressive hangout dissipated quickly. Within days, Doc Marie's found itself on the receiving end of accusations of not being inclusive enough for trans people and people of color. Despite mask mandates being lifted in Portland, patrons accused the bar of not implementing enough COVID safety measures. Patrons also claimed that Doc Marie's had "culturally appropriative art" on the walls…

Employees of Doc Marie's created an Instagram page to echo these concerns. They claimed that the owners weren't proactive enough in creating a safe space and accused the owners of racism. The employees also demanded that the bar host "free opportunities for education" for the community.

Snip

We felt misled about the space being safe and welcoming. Our vision is a queer worker owned cooperative that is ran democratically, provides mutual aid, and hosts free opportunities for education to our community

Read it all at the former United States of America's most trusted source for news

After they steal it from the owners
All these stolen collective businesses always fall flat on thier faces ....gee I wonder why

Just exactly what happened to the Woke Coffee Shop a little bit ago. These Puritanical Fundies are killing their own movement. We love to see it.

Just exactly what happened to the Woke Coffee Shop a little bit ago. These Puritanical Fundies are killing their own movement. We love to see it.

I can also assume there was some friction over dudes with penises calling themselves lesbians not feeling welcome enough amongst actual women, some of whom are only attracted to other actual women.

I can also assume there was some friction over dudes with penises calling themselves lesbians not feeling welcome enough amongst actual women, some of whom are only attracted to other actual women.

TRANSPHOBE!!!!!😠

Forum List

Back