Pope trying to change DP doctrine

What do the practices of secular governments have to do with God. Render to Caesar.

??? Roman government was secular? It was gentile but not secular
I was addressing the OP and the OP's reference to modern times.

Rome's governance was secular though. At least that's how I recall it.

Rome's governance was based in the religion of Rome
at that time. The emperor was a "god" by declaration of the Senate. The Senate was the Roman form of today's COLLEGE OF CARDINALS
That doesn't make it a theocracy.

Sounds like a secular government to me.

sounds like a baby-textbook to me----sorta like
THE PILGRIMS AND THE INDIANS WERE FRIENDS.
Rome was a theocracy. Julius Caesar was MADE A
"GOD" by the Roman senate and there were "holy"
statues placed in HIS TEMPLE. The Romans built
"temples" wherever they conquered. The arena "games" were religious events
You should read the baby book, dummy. They had a constitution, detailed laws, and elected officials such as senators.

SO? ancient rome was a theocracy. Lots of theocracies have detailed laws and elected officials and even what some of them call a constitution
Show me one reputable online source that defines Rome's governance as a theocracy. Convince me.

What do the practices of secular governments have to do with God. Render to Caesar.

at that time. The emperor was a "god" by declaration of the Senate. The Senate was the Roman form of today's COLLEGE OF CARDINALS

You should read the baby book, dummy. They had a constitution, detailed laws, and elected officials such as senators.

SO? ancient rome was a theocracy. Lots of theocracies have detailed laws and elected officials and even what some of them call a constitution
Show me one reputable online source that defines Rome's governance as a theocracy. Convince me.

still picking nits? Rome had a STATE RELIGION and its PATERFAMILIAS EMPEROR could not be a Buddhist----that was then. Today----what do you call MALDIVES? "progressive and diverse democracy"?--well ---Maldives does call itself a DEMOCRACY requiring that a person BE A MUSLIM to be a citizen.
How about Yemen? -----hindus in elected position?
Back to Rome----it became an INQUISITIONALLY no non christians place under "saint" Constantine
ie THEOCRACY under the filth of JUSTIINIAN LAW

still picking nits? Rome had a STATE RELIGION and its PATERFAMILIAS EMPEROR could not be a Buddhist----that was then. Today----what do you call MALDIVES? "progressive and diverse democracy"?--well ---Maldives does call itself a DEMOCRACY requiring that a person BE A MUSLIM to be a citizen.
So no credible source other than your beliefs?

FACTS

FACTS
Your facts are fine. It's your conclusion that is faulty as evidenced by your inability to produce one single authority who believes Rome was a theocracy.

FACTS
Your facts are fine. It's your conclusion that is faulty as evidenced by your inability to produce one single authority who believes Rome was a theocracy.

it is your logic that is faulty. I doubt that I COULD FIND----all thru cyberspace an "authority" that would
assert that MALDIVES is a theocracy. It calls itself a
DEMOCRACY.

FACTS

it is your logic that is faulty. I doubt that I COULD FIND----all thru cyberspace an "authority" that would
DEMOCRACY.
Show me. Convince me.

FACTS

DEMOCRACY.
Show me. Convince me.

show me an AUTHORITY who STATES that Rome of 200 BC was NOT A THEOCRACY

FACTS

DEMOCRACY.
Show me. Convince me.

I already did. You called it a children's tale.

Show me.

PS Rome of 400 AD was also a theocracy, much much WORSE than 200 BC
You mean it wasn't always a theocracy.

aha.gif

Double Penetration?

I wasn't aware they had rules about that.
They do. Such a thing is perversion, a sin that is disallowed.

As far as death penalty is concerned, Christ received the death penalty through false testimony against him.Even today, statics on the death penalty for certain crimes, researchers found back in the late 70s and early 80s That DNA evidence showed that 16% of people on death row could not have done the crime a jury found them guilty of based on several reasons of circumstantial evidence, once the strength of prosecution. The governor of Illinois was so stricken by these findings that he ordered no death penalty would be tolerated on his watch. I think the legislature may have agreed with him. A lot of states no longer administer death sentences against anyone due to witness confusion, witness covering up a crime, aggressive prosecution to satisfy the public anger, and other reasons. Other states impose the death penalty as they deem fit.

Since it's a little too easy to wrongfully accuse someone a person may hate based only on hatred, I now oppose the death penalty. I could be wrong, but if out of 100 executions, 16 are innocent of such a heinous crime, the only way to stop the carnage is to not use mechanical nor biological means to kill innocent people. The bible tells us not to kill nor accuse others falsely in Mosaic Law. Jesus did not come into the world, but to save the obedient to God's law.

Have a thoughtful evening, everybody.

FACTS

DEMOCRACY.
Show me. Convince me.

I already did. You called it a children's tale.

Show me.

it is a child's tale----the kind of history taught in
Sunday schools-----in Greek Ortho Sunday schools --
SAME THING-----greeks invented secular democracy and calculus and Socrates never sipped hemlock tea
----because of his "blasphemy"

Forum List

Back