Pope trying to change DP doctrine

DP doctrine?
What does that mean because im pretty sure it doesnt mean what i think it means :oops:

how does that work? Shouldn’t God have some say in the matter?

Care to share with the class what the fruck "DP doctrine" might be? Got a link or anything, you know, revealing like that? Or are we just supposed to hear the voices in your head?

Where I come from DP means Double Play, a pitcher's best friend.
Well my mind is officially in the gutter!

Care to share with the class what the fruck "DP doctrine" might be? Got a link or anything, you know, revealing like that? Or are we just supposed to hear the voices in your head?

Where I come from DP means Double Play, a pitcher's best friend.
Well my mind is officially in the gutter!

I know right? I was trying not to go there but the OP left that W I D E open.

Uh --- so to speak.

In all honesty, I grew up Catholic and I have no clue what he's talking about at all.

"DP doctrine"....

"Devil Pants"?

"Drunken Prostitutes"?

"Drinking Pre-Mass"?

"Dave Parker"?

That's it. The Pope is going to change policy on Dave Parker. Henceforth when he throws a runner out from right field it's a mortal sin.

Death.
Penalty.

"DP"

When the Pope speaks "ex cathedra" (formally, from the Chair of Peter) on matter of "faith and/or morals," he is believed by believing Catholics to be infallible. Cannot err.

He says that under no circumstances is the Death Penalty morally acceptable.

Ex cathedra statements are extremely rare. There has been exactly ONE since the doctrine was announced more than a hundred years ago.

In all cases, the Catholic Church has a scriptural basis for its teachings. It may only be a word or two or a hint in some obscure passage, but the doctrine is always based on Scripture.

Which is why this is so significant. There is NOTHING in the Bible that even hints that execution is morally untenable. Indeed, the late J.C. willfully submitted to the death penalty as the ultimate redemptive act of his life. Was he not aware that the death penalty was verboten?

The Pope's startling declaration only makes sense if one DOES NOT BELIEVE IN THE AFTERLIFE. Going by the Church's own rules, if I were convicted of a capital crime and sentenced to be executed, I could go to confession, make a good act of contrition, be good until my execution date, and live in eternal bliss, in the presence of God forever. So for me - because I believe the Church's teachings - the Death Penalty would be manifestly a Good Thing.

To believing Christians, DEATH is not the ultimate evil.

Doesn't the Pope know that?

Death.
Penalty.

"DP"

When the Pope speaks "ex cathedra" (formally, from the Chair of Peter) on matter of "faith and/or morals," he is believed by believing Catholics to be infallible. Cannot err.

Ex cathedra statements are extremely rare. There has been exactly ONE since the doctrine was announced more than a hundred years ago.

In all cases, the Catholic Church has a scriptural basis for its teachings. It may only be a word or two or a hint in some obscure passage, but the doctrine is always based on Scripture.

Which is why this is so significant. There is NOTHING in the Bible that even hints that execution is morally untenable. Indeed, the late J.C. willfully submitted to the death penalty as the ultimate redemptive act of his life. Was he not aware that the death penalty was verboten?

The Pope's startling declaration only makes sense if one DOES NOT BELIEVE IN THE AFTERLIFE. Going by the Church's own rules, if I were convicted of a capital crime and sentenced to be executed, I could go to confession, make a good act of contrition, be good until my execution date, and live in eternal bliss, in the presence of God forever. So for me - because I believe the Church's teachings - the Death Penalty would be manifestly a Good Thing.

Damn you. I was set on Dave Parker.

OK let's entertain your theory in one fell swoop. "Thou shalt not kill". Purty much cut and dried.

Now that that's out of the way I have to say I wouldn't want to sit on a "Chair of Peter". That sounds uncomfortable. :eek:

Pope Francis changes Catholic Church teaching to say death penalty is ‘inadmissible’

From the article:

The Argentine pontiff, who had hinted last year that such a change might come, has described the church’s stance on the death penalty as evidence of how the Vatican can evolve — in this case, over the course of a generation.

A quarter-century ago, the church said that the death penalty was justified in cases of “extreme gravity.” Then, in 1997, Pope John Paul II narrowed the standards for when the punishment was permissible. Since then, the number of nations that use capital punishment has gradually decreased.

The decision to change the catechism was approved in May but not announced until Thursday.

Yes, changing it for teeth better suited to fit the gears of postmodern man. Real threat of doctrinal relativism effecting negatively the spirit of indelible descriptivism. Eons of apolitical illumination surviving the coercion of political illumination. Now this.

The Pope cannot change a teaching that has been the same for 2000 years. We need a new Pope.

So you guys all ignore the news and we’re unaware that the pope changed doctrine on the death penalty

So you guys all ignore the news and we’re unaware that the pope changed doctrine on the death penalty

Maybe not everybody is Catholic.

Maybe it just ain't that important. Perhaps news travels slow in some circles but since the Liberals who founded this country threw it off, the Church just doesn't have that much influence in how governments run any more.

In any case you can't just post cryptograms peppered with secret abbreviations and no link or clues whatsoever and expect everybody to just take guesses.

So all you anti-Catholic bigots would be praising him to the fucking rafters if he came out and said it's OK to be a "practicing" homosexual, but who cares what the Pope says about the DP, eh?

Why would anyone pay attention to what one extremely privileged old man in a virtual ivory tower has to say about a world that does not share his view of the universe?

The Pope cannot change a teaching that has been the same for 2000 years. We need a new Pope.

upload_2018-8-2_21-33-50.jpeg

a flaming liberal ... isn't Ratzinger still alive -

upload_2018-8-2_21-35-46.jpeg

Ratzinger forever ... what's wrong with a little murder, christians need to be fed.

Death.
Penalty.

"DP"

A lot of Christian sects oppose the death penalty, including 'evangelicals'. So what? It's not against some doctrines, and some believe it's wrong in that it denies the person the possibility of being 'saved' before they die. Others just don't think the state should have the right to kill anybody. As for me, I have no problem with it; a lot of scum are only going to murder again if given the chance, and that violates other's rights to live in safety who aren't criminals.

I also would be fine with executing gang members for being gang members of groups like the Mafia, or the Bloods, MS-13, as accomplices to murders committed by other members; execute them all, they're all benefiting from murders, and poor neighborhoods would be a lot less oppressed by the scum as well. Naturally Democrats would oppose this, as gangs are a factor in the Party's power and strategies, and keep the likes of the Sharptons and Waters and their ilk in office.

Last edited:
Double Penetration?

I wasn't aware they had rules about that.

New Topics

Forum List

Back