Pope Can Be Saved, If He Converts To Islam

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_2000964,00.html

Pope asked to convert to Islam
19/09/2006 15:56 - (SA)

Tripoli - The elder son of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi has called on Pope Benedict XVI to convert to Islam immediately, dismissing last week's apology from the pontiff for offending Muslims.

"If this person were really someone reasonable, he would not agree to remain at his post one minute, but would convert to Islam immediately," Mohammed Gaddafi told an awards ceremony on Monday evening for an international competition to memorise the Qur'an.

"We say to the pope - whether you apologise or not is irrelevant, as apologies make no difference to us."

Gaddafi junior also hit out at "those Muslims who look for comfort in the words of a non-Muslim".

He said Muslims "should not look for charity from the infidel... but should fight Islam's enemies who attack the faith and the Prophet Muhammad".

On Sunday, the pope said he was "deeply sorry" for the reaction to a speech he made last week in which he quoted an obscure medieval text that criticised some teachings of the Prophet Muhammad as "evil and inhuman".

The speech sparked several days of protests in Muslim countries against the leader of the world's 1.1 billion Roman Catholics.

Although the pontiff's apology was widely rejected as insufficient, anti-pope protests seemed to subside on Tuesday with the only planned event a rally by foreign theology students in t

he Iranian clerical capital of Qom.

The quote the Pope used was accurate. The reaction of the Islamic world betrayed it's truth. The Islamics will not be content till either all convert or all die. But it is of course a "religion of peace' with whom, if we follow the Democrats perspective, we can have a diplomatic solution.

California - Man U1959 has called on the Muslim world to convert to Christianity immediately, dismissing claims that Islam is a religion of peace and that apologies for slaughtering millions would not suffice.

"If these people were really reasonable, they would not agree to remain at their post one minute, but would convert to Christianity immediately," said ManU1959.

"We say to Muslims - whether you claim you are a religion of peace or not is irrelevant, as claims make no difference to us. Your actions speak for you."

ManU1959 also hit out at "those Secularists who look for comfort in the words of a Muslim."

He said Secularists "should not look for charity from Muslims... but should fight Christianity’s enemies who attack the faith and the Pope".

On Sunday, the pope said he was "deeply sorry" for the reaction to a speech he made last week in which he quoted an obscure medieval text that criticized some teachings of the Prophet Muhammad as "evil and inhuman".

The speech sparked several days of protests in Muslim countries against the leader of the world's 1.1 billion Roman Catholics.

Although the pontiff's apology was widely rejected as insufficient, anti-pope protests seemed to subside on Tuesday with the only planned event a rally by foreign theology students in the Iranian clerical capital of Qom.

California - Man U1959 has called on the Muslim world to convert to Christianity immediately, dismissing claims that Islam is a religion of peace and that apologies for slaughtering millions would not suffice.

"If these people were really reasonable, they would not agree to remain at their post one minute, but would convert to Christianity immediately," said ManU1959.

"We say to Muslims - whether you claim you are a religion of peace or not is irrelevant, as claims make no difference to us. Your actions speak for you."

ManU1959 also hit out at "those Secularists who look for comfort in the words of a Muslim."

He said Secularists "should not look for charity from Muslims... but should fight Christianity’s enemies who attack the faith and the Pope".

On Sunday, the pope said he was "deeply sorry" for the reaction to a speech he made last week in which he quoted an obscure medieval text that criticized some teachings of the Prophet Muhammad as "evil and inhuman".

Although the pontiff's apology was widely rejected as insufficient, anti-pope protests seemed to subside on Tuesday with the only planned event a rally by foreign theology students in the Iranian clerical capital of Qom.

And somehow, that seems very strange that Catholics (or any other religion) would use violence to get their way.

Religions have used violence to get their way, in fact, almost all of them probably.

Also, it's good the Pope won't convert. Kinda shows he has brass balls.

And don't forget the laderhousen and knee socks. :laugh:

Interesting no, that only the Catholics have responded to his hate? Where are the Christians? I'm sorry to any that are off the boards and would slap him down, but will admit to believing that it's ok to slam Catholics and Jews, while the religious right says 'they' are saved. If RWA is an example of the 'saved' well I'll take my chances on a merciful G_d.

Interesting no, that only the Catholics have responded to his hate? Where are the Christians? I'm sorry to any that are off the boards and would slap him down, but will admit to believing that it's ok to slam Catholics and Jews, while the religious right says 'they' are saved. If RWA is an example of the 'saved' well I'll take my chances on a merciful G_d.

Being 'saved' is just trendy right now, like homosexuality.

Being 'saved' is just trendy right now, like homosexuality.

I have to agree. I think G_d will sort out men's hearts. But then again, I'm of the 'Catholic persuasion.' I don't presume to know what G_d decides.

It's just the pedophilia that gets to me. The transubstantiation was something I could stomache.

Forum List

Back