Poor Madison - the president took their pregame

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
The people in Madison won't get to watch the whole pregame. Madison isn't local enough to escape from the president's campaign speech.

But we in the Green Bay area get to watch the show if we want.

How many stations are carrying the president's speech? But local networks can't opt out of it even if the majority of their viewers want to watch the really big event happening in their state. How stupid is that?

President trumps Packers pre-game here

One positive thing is that this is going to p.o. a lot of people in Dane County and further weaken the hold Obama has on that area.

Those poor union guys are going to be so torn. They want Dem politics to win on most days but you know those cheeseheads don't want to miss the show!

The people in Madison won't get to watch the whole pregame. Madison isn't local enough to escape from the president's campaign speech.

How many stations are carrying the president's speech? But local networks can't opt out of it even if the majority of their viewers want to watch the really big event happening in their state. How stupid is that?

One positive thing is that this is going to p.o. a lot of people in Dane County and further weaken the hold Obama has on that area.

Those poor union guys are going to be so torn. They want Dem politics to win on most days but you know those cheeseheads don't want to miss the show!

Sorry but putting a game ahead of the President (I don't care how bad he is) is just fucking retarded, and so are the people that are angry about it.

Man....Don't be fuckin' wit da Pack! :lol:

That is pretty stupid...your comment I mean

• Banned

Sorry but putting a game ahead of the President (I don't care how bad he is) is just fucking retarded, and so are the people that are angry about it.

People who want to watch the president can watch him on half a dozen other channels.

It's not like he's going to say anything we haven't heard before.

Does he ever stop talking?

And on a related subject, how many times is he late for his speeches? If he is going to hold the media feeds hostage, the least he could do is show us the respect of showing up on time.

I generally try to listen to him, but man ... he is making it hard ... he's on so regularly he should just claim an hour for himself and call it the Obama Show.

Sure would be fun to see how low those ratings were.

If the local affiliates had the chance to show the game that would be a real ratings eye opener for the president. Might burst that narcisstic bubble of his ... naw ... probably not. He's too oblivious. But it would be amusing.

Last edited:
  • Banned

Man....Don't be fuckin' wit da Pack! :lol:

You got that right! :lol:

Pre-game?!?! *YAWN*

• Banned

Pre-game?!?! *YAWN*

So it ain't your poison, but it's still a big deal to a lot of people here.

Why would the President's speech be more important than the game?

I'll be able to watch the speech hundreds of times over the next week. In fact, by the time the game is over, it will be on the internet and I can watch it then. He sure as hell is not going to tell me anything new or newsworthy. In fact, the shit he plans on shoving down our throats has already leaked and it is as bad as all of his proposals to date.

He's just going to throw more money after poorly spent money!

And so what, he's not going to listen to our opinions of his crap anyway, so why should I be so excited to watch him on TV?

What he should be saying is, "I haven't got the foggiest idea what to do about the unemployment situation or how to turn this economy around. But, you should vote for me anyway."

His job plan is highlighted with the caption, "no new jobs this term".

Immie

I'll be able to watch the speech hundreds of times over the next week. In fact, by the time the game is over, it will be on the internet and I can watch it then. He sure as hell is not going to tell me anything new or newsworthy. In fact, the shit he plans on shoving down our throats has already leaked and it is as bad as all of his proposals to date.

And so what, he's not going to listen to our opinions of his crap anyway, so why should I be so excited to watch him on TV?

What he should be saying is, "I haven't got the foggiest idea what to do about the unemployment situation or how to turn this economy around. But, you should vote for me anyway."

Immie

^^^^^
that

They're even already saying it's not his whole plan so what is the point?

And when he scheduled it for the time of the Republican debate he showed us that he didn't care what Republicans have to say - not the Republicans who would be debating nor the Republicans who would be watching the debates.

Why didn't he just schedule his speech for some Democratic lunch or something.

We know his campaign strategy for this coming year is "I can't possibly do anything so I need to deflect the blame to Congress".

This speech is just one of the whistle stops on that campaign.

Immie

He was elected by people like you, you're the real cause of the problem because you do absolutely no research and assume that what the media tells you is true.

Even if you didn't elect him, it makes it no less true. Maybe if people got out and fucking voted (Do you know how small the percentage of voting americans is?) things might change.

"But no, football is on, so fuck this country."

Immie

He was elected by people like you, you're the real cause of the problem because you do absolutely no research and assume that what the media tells you is true.

Even if you didn't elect him, it makes it no less true. Maybe if people got out and fucking voted (Do you know how small the percentage of voting americans is?) things might change.

If Obama had something to say, it would be different.

Nothing Obama is going to say on Thursday night will help the country more than gathering around and watching a good game together will.

The ones who want to see the president's speech are the ones running the editorial staff of the TV stations on the Packers TV network.

They're gonna get deluged (for them) with people pissed off that they bumped Packer Pre-Game with something useless like a presidential campaign speech. Oh I mean speech on jobs that will be just LIKE a campaign speech and blame everyone but himself.

Immie

Why look at you, a full of shit noob!

Not even worth a :lol:

The fact of the matter is that he has made things worse in the job market since he took office.

It has nothing to do with whether it is football that is on, the last episode of "One Life to Live" or reruns of The Partridge Family. He doesn't know what the hell he is doing and every thing he does only makes things worse.

Elected by people like me? Do you mean because I didn't choose to blow the Republicans and vote for McCain but rather chose a third party candidate?

Who said "fuck this country"? I sure didn't. Obama's speech isn't going to change a damned thing and me listening to him campaign on nationwide TV is not going to help either.

Immie

Immie

You're either not from Wisconsin or a Vikings, Rams, Dolphins or Cardinal's fan. Bears fans at least get the sanctity of NFL season openers even if it is their arch rivals.

Wait... that explains it! It's P-BO's Passive Aggressive nature! The packers knock off his 'beloved' Bears (supposedly) and so he decides since Congress won't let him fuck em, he'll fuck the Packers yet again!

Nice! So that's how it's going to be.

Immie

The fact of the matter is that he has made things worse in the job market since he took office.

It has nothing to do with whether it is football that is on, the last episode of "One Life to Live" or reruns of The Partridge Family. He doesn't know what the hell he is doing and every thing he does only makes things worse.

Elected by people like me? Do you mean because I didn't choose to blow the Republicans and vote for McCain but rather chose a third party candidate?

Who said "fuck this country"? I sure didn't. Obama's speech isn't going to change a damned thing and me listening to him campaign on nationwide TV is not going to help either.

Immie
Immie... we just gots ta keep our priorities in order. Football, THEN Obama.

Immie

Immie

My my, aren't you a little selfish, assuming everyone who ignores the president for football didn't vote for him.

So let me follow your logic a little here; Because you don't believe he was the right candidate, you chose to ignore and ridicule his policies without any foreknowledge of the causation of implementation.

I think I know what the problem with all this is now. It isn't Obama, it's the people who didn't get their way in the 2008 election and have been continually attempting to sabotage any plan of action he has put forth.

Obama looks like a saint now.

Last I checked being new to an internet forum doesn't make someone less knowing about Politics. Since it's all conjecture and philosophy anyways.

You don't have to be living on Earth for 80 years to know a Banana when you see one.

Last edited:

Immie
Immie... we just gots ta keep our priorities in order. Football, THEN Obama.

I might actually watch the speech if I couldn't see it at any time I wanted to watch it and if I expected anything beyond, "I am asking you the American people to forgive me for not asking you to spend another $300 Billion the first time on my failed Stimulus Plan. Now, bare with me, and let's try it again. I promise not to ask for more until after the next election." Or if I actually felt that there was some hope of him presenting a real plan.

Immie

Forum List

Back