Pompeo dings Trump: GOP needs leader who doesn’t claim ‘victimhood’

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Wednesday said the GOP needs a leader who doesn’t claim “victimhood” in an apparent jab at former President Trump, who repeatedly referred to himself as a “victim” during his Tuesday night speech announcing his run for president in 2024.

“We need more seriousness, less noise, and leaders who are looking forward, not staring in the rearview mirror claiming victimhood,” Pompeo wrote on Twitter.

“I’m a victim, I will tell you. I’m a victim,” Trump at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Fla.

Trump made the much-anticipated announcement that he would make a third run for the White House just a week after the Republican Party’s disappointing midterm results.

Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Wednesday said the GOP needs a leader who doesn’t claim “victimhood” in an apparent jab at former President Trump, who repeatedly referred to himself as a “victim” during his Tuesday night speech announcing his run for president in 2024.

“We need more seriousness, less noise, and leaders who are looking forward, not staring in the rearview mirror claiming victimhood,” Pompeo wrote on Twitter.

“I’m a victim, I will tell you. I’m a victim,” Trump at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Fla.

Trump made the much-anticipated announcement that he would make a third run for the White House just a week after the Republican Party’s disappointing midterm results.
IMO, Pompeo is who the old original GOP wants to install for 2024.

Trump has been claiming he's a victim for over 40 years.

Forum List

Back