Polygamy is A-ok?

Gurdari

Egaliterra
Feb 2, 2007
the West
Technically, polygamy should be completely legal, like gay marriage and regular marriage... consenting adults entering into contracts should be free to do so... as long as all parties are aware and of age.

Technically, polygamy should be completely legal, like gay marriage and regular marriage... consenting adults entering into contracts should be free to do so... as long as all parties are aware and of age.

Practically all things should be in moderation. Concerning polygamy – I’m inclined to agree. I’d draw the line at bestiality. We allow people to smoke cigarettes. We might allow them to smoke marijuana. We will probably never allow people to take cocaine. We allow people to buy alcohol only once they reach a certain age – and not a year younger. Some people think that we should be less permissive in certain areas. Some people think that we should be more permissive. It is all in where we draw the squiggly line.

Can you imagine the divorce rate?

Our society can't handle ONE spouse, imagine MORE.:eusa_hand:

As to being laws, shouldn't be laws againts it, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much common sense around anymore, so............:eusa_eh:

I was thinking adultry...kinda whizzed though this..and forgot the defination...till I remembered it meant having more than one wife....I feel stupid today....hahahaha..:)

This proves I couldn't keep up with two wives..let alone two single women...(laughing)..:)

Would you want to 'know' them? Notice the polygamy doesn't tend to work the other way?

One wife is more than enough for me, thank you very much! :rofl:

Your question does point to the huge difference between male and female brains and the huge difference between men and women emotionally too.

I'm against polygamy. I believe that one person is more than enough for another person. I have nothing against group experimentations (I know, that sounds bad), but only in the contract that both people are there and are able to be sure the other person doesn't do something stupid.

One wife is more than enough for me, thank you very much! :rofl:

Your question does point to the huge difference between male and female brains and the huge difference between men and women emotionally too.

Yeah, I thought so!

Don't get me wrong...I don't think that women who participate in a polygamous marriage are dirty or whores or women who should be avoided. They are after all being faithful to one man.

What about men faithful to one woman? ;)

Well if one way, the other will follow.

While there are women willing to share a husband, I don't think there are many men who would be willing to share a wife...goes to the huge difference I referred to earlier.

I don't know Kathianne...depends on many years they have been married also...:rofl:

I think the 'sharing' deal either way is so wrong, on so many fronts. Ah well, as for time married, I'd say it all has to do with growing as individuals and friends. Yeah, gotta be friends. ;)

New Topics

Forum List

Back