Poll: Will you buy "Made in China"?

I am limited my purchases of anything made in China. Are you?
I hope there is a day when we can avoid buying the crap. Right now my choices in open stores are such that I buy what is available, how ever given the chance in the future to buy a quality american product over a foriegn one will be bliss. I hope we will get the chance.

Yes, for a long time. But there is so much that is from China that we are not told about. Like meat! Our FDA has decided we have no right to know where our meat comes from. Pork and chicken are mostly from China. A few years ago I started wondering how a chicken had a three pound breast. Hormones?

No I won't stop doing what pleases me at the best price- all that does it make it harder for the peripheral employees, truck drivers, stockers, cashiers etc to earn a pay check- then they have to go on welfare and feel bad about not contributing or achieving causing hate and discontent raises domestic abuse cases and gives the gov't's more power they never rescind.

Yes, for a long time. But there is so much that is from China that we are not told about. Like meat! Our FDA has decided we have no right to know where our meat comes from. Pork and chicken are mostly from China. A few years ago I started wondering how a chicken had a three pound breast. Hormones?
thats not true,most of our pork is from domestic producers....china buys pork from us.....we are the largest exporter of pork in the world....

For several years I avoid buying anything that comes from the flowing places:
China
EU
Indonesia
Korea
New York
California
Oregon
I won't be changing my habits.
why NY Cal and Oregon?.....
NY- personal issues with the empire state, and the idiots they elect, chuck shumer ect
California and Oregon are communist enclaves I do not wish to support.

No. China has not changed, only your perception of China. I have known China was ruled by a closed society minded Communist government from a very young age, yet since Nixon, business and our government have made it advantageous to shop their products and encouraged business in this country to move their manufacturing there. Given the choice of an American made product and a Chinese made product at similar price, I will choose the American made product and always have. Government and business will have to encourage American manufacturing in a meaningful way to reverse this trend. It cannot be just tariffs to make me pay more into government coffers. That is just saying "Anything goes, as long as the Government gets it's cut." Republicans like tax breaks for rich and big business. Maybe breaks specific to manufacturing here with tax penalties for those that move abroad. I do not know. I only know that I will not volunteer to carry the burden of government favoring overseas manufacture, while government and right wing populous pay temporary lip service to the problem.

China
EU
Indonesia
Korea
New York
California
Oregon
NY- personal issues with the empire state, and the idiots they elect, chuck shumer ect
oh geezus.....you have problems dude....

China
EU
Indonesia
Korea
New York
California
Oregon

So somebody else buys everything for you huh. Sweet deal.

China
EU
Indonesia
Korea
New York
California
Oregon
not really, I can find what i need. I do not have to buy much.

China
EU
Indonesia
Korea
New York
California
Oregon
not the problem i was talking about...

Well I don't see a poll here but I agree with White 6 above on products, I screen out Chinese junk particularly electronics. Now if I have a choice I'll go for Japanese or German/Austrian over US for superior quality but if I buy Chinese it has to be something so simple, like a windshield wiper, that it would be hard to fuck up. I'll pass on on food products marked China especially fish, as I don't trust their standards.

China
EU
Indonesia
Korea
New York
California
Oregon
not the problem i was talking about...

Screening out specific states out of the political choices based on one's own Fox Noise butthurt is beyond absurd.

Chinas economic development will eventually lead to a change in their political make up. Most democratic countries are relatively well off.
That's what I thought too...it is why buying from China wasn't as big of a concern. But it doesn't seem to be working as expected. Perhaps a pullback will embolden the Chinese people to demand reforms.

Forum List

Back