(POLL) US public opinion: Midterms 2022

TheReaper

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2022
(POLL) US public opinion: Midterms 2022
Sharyl Attkisson

Summary
The economy and inflation are, at this point, the most important issues Americans will take into account when voting in November's midterm elections.
Americans would in theory like to see the government reduce federal spending.
At the same time, the public has endorsed many of the huge spending bills enacted since 2020 with the onset of Covid, suggesting some caution since Americans like the results of government spending even while evidencing trepidation about it in principle.

TheReaper says: If you add the economy and inflation to schools and groomers, the Dempocrats will get smashed to pieces.

• Banned
The following is an excerpt from Gallup News.

The midterm elections loom less than two months away.

Economy and Inflation Are the Top Issues

Data from Gallup and other polls show that the economy -- and inflation in particular -- are Americans' top concerns leading into the Nov. 8 midterm elections.

We see this in open-ended questions asking about top problems. And we see it in polls that query voters directly on their election concerns, all showing that inflation and/or the economy rise to the top of the list of potential issues.

Views of the Current Economy

Gallup's Economic Confidence Index is at one of its lowest points over the past 30 years (although not as low as in 2008). About eight in 10 Americans rate the economy as "only fair" or "poor," and over two-thirds say the economy is getting worse, not better.

Personal Pain of Inflation Highlights Its Importance as an Issue

Surveys show that Americans are personally feeling the negative effects of inflation, highlighting its potency as an issue this fall.

An NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll conducted earlier this month similarly shows that twice as many Americans say their personal finances have gotten worse over the past year as say they have gotten better. And over seven in 10 report they "have had to cut back on, at least, one necessity or nicety in the past six months to meet their monthly expenses."

1664536148547.png

By a six-point margin, voters view the upcoming midterm elections as being more about President Joe Biden than individual candidates and issues, and half say a Republican win means Biden should change course.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 46% of Likely U.S. voters say the upcoming midterm election is a referendum on Biden’s agenda. Forty percent (40%) think it’s more about individual candidates and issues, but another 14% are undecided.

Great point. Too bad that bed wetters never learn because they've convinced themselves they already know everything!
Just read this today. It seems to apply. I'll probably post it a lot for a while.

Fable: DON'T ARGUE WITH DONKEYS

The donkey said to the tiger:

- "The grass is blue".
The tiger replied:
- "No, the grass is green."
The discussion heated up, and the two decided to submit him to arbitration, and for this they went before the lion, the King of the Jungle.
Already before reaching the forest clearing, where the lion was sitting on his throne, the donkey began to shout:
- "His Highness, is it true that the grass is blue?".
The lion replied:
- "True, the grass is blue."
The donkey hurried and continued:
- "The tiger disagrees with me and contradicts and annoys me, please punish him."
The king then declared:
- "The tiger will be punished with 5 years of silence."
The donkey jumped cheerfully and went on his way, content and repeating:
- "The Grass Is Blue"...
The tiger accepted his punishment, but before he asked the lion:
- "Your Majesty, why have you punished me?, after all, the grass is green."
The lion replied:
- "In fact, the grass is green."
The tiger asked:
- "So why are you punishing me?".
The lion replied:
- "That has nothing to do with the question of whether the grass is blue or green.
The punishment is because it is not possible for a brave and intelligent creature like you to waste time arguing with a donkey, and on top of that come and bother me with that question."
The worst waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who does not care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions. Never waste time on arguments that don't make sense...
There are people who, no matter how much evidence and evidence we present to them, are not in the capacity to understand, and others are blinded by ego, hatred and resentment, and all they want is to be right even if they are not.

When ignorance screams, intelligence is silent. Your peace and quiet are worth more. ??

Forum List

Back