Poll: Undecided 2014 Voters Overwhelmingly Disapprove of Obamacare

Listening

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
It's still to early.

But the GOP should be making hay out of this up until the summer.

There have already been a number of vulnerable dems retire from the house.

This is going to be fun.

Poll: Undecided 2014 Voters Overwhelmingly Disapprove of Obamacare - Guy Benson

Overall, a majority of likely voters disapprove of the Democrats' law by a double-digit margin, but opposition is particularly strong among self-identified undecided and independent voters. TMC's nationwide poll includes some additional mention-worthy nuggets:

- On the generic Congressional ballot, 53 percent of likely voters say they'd support a "Republican who will be a check and balance to Barack Obama," while 47 percent prefer a "Democrat who will help Obama pass his agenda." That's a six-point GOP edge. Among independents, Republicans hold a 30-point lead on this question.

- Eighty-seven percent of respondents say the "Affordable" Care Act will not make their coverage more affordable, with nearly six in ten predicting higher costs as a result of the law.

- Question: "Has the government's implementation of the 1010 health care law...made you more confident in the government's ability to address problems in the health care sector, less confident, or...no effect either way?" Twenty percent (virtually all Democrats) say more confident, while fully 56 percent say less confident -- including two-thirds of independents. This speaks to my point about Obamacare failing much faster than pro-single-payer Democrats may have hoped.

I am not certain obamacare is going to be the defining issues in the upcoming elections. It wouldn't surprise me if it is a non-issue by the candidates. IIRC, the polls also show that most Americans don't want Obamacare repealed. If that is the case, how can the GOP make it an issue if they don't have an alternative?

I am actually worried that the GOP is going to fail...the dems are politically savvy and haven't played their cards yet. There are too many nonsense issues that only enrage the right and have little play in the general population that isn't super partisan.

I think most democratic senate candidates in the big races are solid, the exception being Hagan, and they are running good campaigns.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I think most democratic senate candidates in the big races are solid, the exception being Hagan, and they are running good campaigns.

Solid ???

ROTFLMAO

Pryor was DOA...now he has a "lead". The GOP has yet to begun to fight in Ark and once they do, Pryor is history.

Hey, gotta like Nebraska.....

The dems will be the minority in the senate after Nov 2014.

The GOP hasn't begun the fight in Arkansas? What do you call the Cotton campaign?

131218_lowry_pajamaboy.jpg

They need to relax and have a cup of hot cocoa

A huge majority of Americans support raising the Minimum Wage (71%) probably because of the historical ripple effect on all wages. A large majority favored equal pay for women (60%) which also helps two income households. 58% want Medicare not to be privatized because it hurts seniors on fixed incomes..
On all these issues, the GOP has gone against public opinion, which incidentally hurts the working class and folks on fixed income.
This election year will be a broad horizon of issues, no one issue will win or lose the election.

Let's also not forget Manchin-Toomey, which was supported by over 90% of the public, which failed largely because of the GOP (with a few exceptions, Republican senators voted against bringing the bill to the senate floor).

New Topics

Forum List

Back