Poll: Trump not prepping for debate, good or bad?

Should Trump prepare for his live debates with mock, practice debates?

• Yes- best to be prepared as possible, too much is at stake.

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No- best to go with what he is most comfortable with even at risk of being caught off guard

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I've heard numerous musicians talk about their guitar solos and or takes of a song and basically suggesting that "you don't plan it, you go with it". Often, especially back in the day when studio time was money; if you couldn't do the song in one take, well, you weren't good enough to be in the studio.

I actually don't have a problem with Trump NOT doing mock debates. Especially with so many untrustworthy people around, better to not tip your hand. As someone who was in Toastmasters (and was nominated to represent my area), having a general outline worked fine for me, I DO think Trump should at least have vital stats on a card that he can refer to. Just to make sure he covers the key points he wants to make to voters, but without bogging down his free form expression.

Otherwise, a debate is a back and forth, and Trump is accustomed to thinking on his feet in the business world. Better to trust what works for YOU, rather than what works for politicians. I have to say I probably wouldn't want to overdo prep either, but, I would write down a few ideas for myself.

I can see a case for either choice. I think preparing is best. I don't imagine Trump needs much preparation, but he needs to have plenty of points and counter points at the ready. He needs to be prepared for any BS they try, and that includes the very biased Chris Wallace.

Even with no prep, and assuming Joe doesn't have a transmitter assist, Trump can smash the clown on the simple facts. I hope he destroys Biden for all the lies, corruption, and communist puppeteering they manipulate him with. Joe really is as empty as suit as we have ever witnessed.

No matter what swill he feeds the media, he is prepping for the debate. Not doing so would be idiocy.

Claiming to not be doing any prep is nothing more than bluster simular to the way he calls everything he does the 'best' or 'biggest.'

Trump has information daily that Joe is not privy to. SO he is well prepared on all the daily events.

The only reason Trump needs to prepare is on the not so common questions and the gotcha ones they are preparing.. Beyond that its pointless...

I don't believe that for a minute.
He has been taking questions from reporters rapid fire for months now----think he is well prepped. The dems are going to try to spin him as a bad guy, do a lot of lying about him, and try to put him on the rope over his taxes and business loans.........Trump need only be super nice---seem concern when biden goes down in flames and answer these question in a way that most americans can understand the response considering most have no clue about business. And trump should be prepared that Harris will be sent in as a pitch hitter or spitter which ever way you want to look at it.

The tortoise and the hare, remember that fable? The hare was so certain of victory that he dismissed the tortoise outright and took it for granted that he would win. Which he didn't, but this time we all could pay the price for losing in November. This isn't a TV game show where Trump is the CEO and fires somebody at the end. This time he's a contestant that could get himself fired if he's not careful.

I've heard numerous musicians talk about their guitar solos and or takes of a song and basically suggesting that "you don't plan it, you go with it". Often, especially back in the day when studio time was money; if you couldn't do the song in one take, well, you weren't good enough to be in the studio.

I actually don't have a problem with Trump NOT doing mock debates. Especially with so many untrustworthy people around, better to not tip your hand. As someone who was in Toastmasters (and was nominated to represent my area), having a general outline worked fine for me, I DO think Trump should at least have vital stats on a card that he can refer to. Just to make sure he covers the key points he wants to make to voters, but without bogging down his free form expression.

Otherwise, a debate is a back and forth, and Trump is accustomed to thinking on his feet in the business world. Better to trust what works for YOU, rather than what works for politicians. I have to say I probably wouldn't want to overdo prep either, but, I would write down a few ideas for myself.

Trump doesn't need to prep. No one knows which questions will be asked except for the moderator.

Best to go in there cool and be ready to answer anything and everything. No prepping required.

Trump doesn't need to prep. No one knows which questions will be asked except for the moderator.

Best to go in there cool and be ready to answer anything and everything. No prepping required.

They are going to ask about Trump taxes and business loans---
they are going to avoid the economy
They are going to ask about the Covid so Biden can attempt to bash Trump over his covid response
they are going to ask joe about his health-------to which Joe will lie like a rat (if Joe doesn't have the HO pitch hit for him).
They aren't going to ask about the noble prizes
They are going to ask about the tax breaks
They are going to ask about the riots and what will be given to blacks

Actually studying for anything is not one of Trumps strong points.

I don’t think he is capable of preparing......he lacks he attention span

He doesn't need an attention span. He's that good. I've watched him at rallies. No speech. Just him saying what he believes. Why prepare when you don't have to. He's great at off the cuff answers.

He doesn't need an attention span. He's that good. I've watched him at rallies. No speech. Just him saying what he believes. Why prepare when you don't have to. He's great at off the cuff answers.

Expecting Trump to study is asking a lot.
Yea, he does well at rallys where everyone tells him how great he is and nobody questions his lies.

But Chris Wallace is not going to accept his silly games and Biden will be prepared to reply in kind.

Don’t be surprised if Trump storms off the stage

Expecting Trump to study is asking a lot.
Yea, he does well at rallys where everyone tells him how great he is and nobody questions his lies.

But Chris Wallace is not going to accept his silly games and Biden will be prepared to reply in kind.

Don’t be surprised if Trump storms off the stage

Why would he study?? No one but the Mod knows what the questions will be. Trump will do fine. Its Biden you should worry about. LOL

They are going to ask about Trump taxes and business loans---
they are going to avoid the economy
They are going to ask about the Covid so Biden can attempt to bash Trump over his covid response
they are going to ask joe about his health-------to which Joe will lie like a rat (if Joe doesn't have the HO pitch hit for him).
They aren't going to ask about the noble prizes
They are going to ask about the tax breaks
They are going to ask about the riots and what will be given to blacks
The Candy Crowley disease will be in play. In fact it has been for a long time.

It would be just like a professional athlete training for a special Olympics event. It'll be an asskicking for sure so there's no point in rubbing it in or Slow Joe might get some sympathy votes although giving a presidential candidate a sympathy vote would be foolish there's no shortage of fools in this nation today.

Forum List

Back