Poll to condemn or condone "the violence and law breaking that took place inside the Capital on 1/6"

Do you support the "violence and law breaking that took place inside the Capital on 1/6"?

• I'm a GOP voter and NO I do NOT support the attack on the Capital Building

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • I'm a GOP voter and YES I do support the attack on the Capital Building

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • I'm a democrat and I condemn the 1/6 attack on the Capital Building

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Other, see my post

Votes: 37 35.2%

• Total voters
Your poll is flawed.

You don't allow for a Democrat to support the attack, yet they're out there.

For a poll to be legitimate, you need to offer the same choices, and same number of choices, for each responding group...

They aren't told about this stuff in their world.
The violent assault upon Congress, an attempts by fanatics to prevent it from discharging its Constitutional duties, ending an admirable tradition of peaceful transfers of power going back to 1797, merits an independent bipartisan commission to investigate its perpetrators and the propaganda that motivated them and, of course, to recommend proper precautions to guard against its recurrence.

If it was actually antifa impersonating Trump goons, or Black Lives Matter, or if they were indistinguishable from typical tourists as has been alleged, those who believe those claims that they are making, should insist upon such a commission to exonerate Trump and his goons.
JFK Ab Lincoln would disagree

Even worse, it has poisoned our democracy, eroded faith in our elections, which is so detrimental to the future faith people need to have in this democracy
Hey you want the democratic process respected. Don't cheat. That simple.
Who cheated? We simply voted.

Yet you accuse us of cheating and fraud, all because us Americans went out to vote for someone other than your Orange tinted god.

It's a shame you are so easily deluded by him....
4 states ILLEGALLY changed the requirements for voting and guess who won those states?
The changes applied to all citizens voting, both Trumpers and Bidenites. No advantage was given to one with rules not applying to others.

The changes were litigated in court. The Republican legislators and trump lawyers sued to stop the covid safety measures passed, and they lost all 60 plus tries in court. All the suits to stop the minor changes, we're rejected by the courts, with both trump picked judges, Republican picked judges and Democratic picked judges.

Only one of those cases were won in the Trump lawyer appeal. That case was settled after the certification for Biden and did not have enough votes related to it, that could have affected the winner of the election...

the American citizens who voted, followed the rules in place and ruled by the Courts, as legal changes.

that is NOT FRAUD....the voters and Secretary of states, followed the court rulings.
Hahaha haha, except republicans didn’t need to cheat
Well that's bullshit.

Your poll is flawed.

For a poll to be legitimate, you need to offer the same choices, and same number of choices, for each responding group...
Please show us a democrat who supports the insurrection.

Even worse, it has poisoned our democracy, eroded faith in our elections, which is so detrimental to the future faith people need to have in this democracy
Hey you want the democratic process respected. Don't cheat. That simple.
Who cheated? We simply voted.

Yet you accuse us of cheating and fraud, all because us Americans went out to vote for someone other than your Orange tinted god.

It's a shame you are so easily deluded by him....
4 states ILLEGALLY changed the requirements for voting and guess who won those states?
The changes applied to all citizens voting, both Trumpers and Bidenites. No advantage was given to one with rules not applying to others.

The changes were litigated in court. The Republican legislators and trump lawyers sued to stop the covid safety measures passed, and they lost all 60 plus tries in court. All the suits to stop the minor changes, we're rejected by the courts, with both trump picked judges, Republican picked judges and Democratic picked judges.

Only one of those cases were won in the Trump lawyer appeal. That case was settled after the certification for Biden and did not have enough votes related to it, that could have affected the winner of the election...

the American citizens who voted, followed the rules in place and ruled by the Courts, as legal changes.

that is NOT FRAUD....the voters and Secretary of states, followed the court rulings.
Hahaha haha, except republicans didn’t need to cheat
Well that's bullshit.
Naw

Your poll is flawed.

It doesn't matter if I can show you one or not. The poll is flawed if it doesn't allow for someone to vote that way, simply because it allows it for GOP types to vote that way.

I know left-wing types who supported it just because it made for good television.

But even if no one cast a vote for that choice, the poll is still flawed because it doesn't allow for it.

Period.

I want to know why an unarmed petite woman can be shot dead, and the shooter isn't made public, not to mention stand trial for murder.
What murder? A criminal insurgent was shot attacking the seat of our government.

Yet when a criminal insurgent gets shot attacking a police officer or gets shot for attacking a storeowner, you people burn down entire cities or stand behind the people burning down cities. On top of that, your political leaders threaten more violence if they don’t get their way.

I want to know why an unarmed petite woman can be shot dead, and the shooter isn't made public, not to mention stand trial for murder.
What murder? A criminal insurgent was shot attacking the seat of our government.
An UN ARMED AMERICAN CITIZEN was SHOT DEAD, and the KILLER is in HIDING. Why is that? Who shot her?

If it's so DESERVED, then why hide the murderer?

You're out to lunch.
What murderer? A capitol police officers did his/her duty.

Police only have authority to use deadly force in defense against deadly force.
Since Ashli was incapable of threatening anyone with deadly force, then shooting her was deliberate murder and a criminal offense.
Failing to prosecute the one guilty is complicity after the fact, and is also a crime.
her mission was to go through the broken door window, and do what?

open the doors to let the other rioters who smashed the windows in to the Speaker of the House lobby???

lead the way to Pelosi, Pence, and the rest of congress critters??

What did Ashli have planned to do, once she broke in to the House lobby?

I wish she had not crawled through that smashed window.

I wish she were still alive. I wish she was not shot.

it was reported that she was shot in the shoulder, not heart or head shot. One shot to the shoulder...where the bullet travelled from there, I dunno?

it was also reported that it was not capitol police that shot her, but a Secret Service agent.

I'm thinking if it was secret service, it was likely VP Mike Pence's secret service agent since he was in the House of Reps at the time.

Wrong.
The door were not locked, but barricaded, with chairs, tables, etc.
Ashli getting to the other side would have changed nothing.
And no congress people were in the House any more.
They had left the House we know, because we saw them in the lobby a few minutes earlier, and they were leaving.
They was no one in the House anymore.
There was absolutely no reason to deny Ashli or anyone access to the House lobby or even the House itself any more.

You can see from the arm of the shooter, that he was wearing a uniform, so was a cop.
And the shot was to Ashli's neck. It cut the jugular vein. It was a throat shot, but did not have huge blood loss, so was not the carotid artery, but a vein instead.

Secret Service would not have shot her.
She was not a threat to anyone.
Secret service would more likely have just pushed her back through the window is there was any reason to even bother.
And no, Mike Pence had left like all the members of Congress had.
There was no one there but police.
Not so. Recess had been called, and many of them left immediately, but there were still plenty of House members and staffers inside the House chamber, many hiding under the desks. Others were trying to get out through the Speaker's Lobby, which is the hallway behind the chamber that she was climbing into, because the stairs down to the underground shuttle train are at the opposite end of that Lobby from where she was breaking in. You can see a few in the hallway on the videos.

You may be thinking of the Senate chamber on the other side; that's the one that people got into, climbing on the walls and sitting in the chair and so on. None of the invaders ever made it in to the House chamber, though.
I've lost count how many times I've shown this video, recorded while Benedict Babbitt was shot, and he still continues to lie by falsely claiming there was no one still inside the House chamber...

Points to you for tenacity.

Boredom is a great facilitator for that.

If you are willing to do the time for the crime. If crimes are being committed, arrests should be made. Not complicated.

I am anti-Trump and very left wing, but I saw no crimes.
Breaking someone's else's window for no reason is destructive and a crime.
But if you break a window over something more important, like a fire or a political fraud, then it is not a crime, especially if it is actually your window.
Depends on how you view our "rights". I have a very unorthodox view of rights that most would not agree with. Also, I feel that if you willingly live in a society and decide to remain in said society, you have 3 choices. (1) abide by the society rules; (2) don't abide but be willing to accept the consequences, or (3) do something constructive to make changes you think need to be made.

Well and good, but you did not indicate any disagreement.
1) if you think an election has been defrauded, the rules of this society say you are then required to die if necessary, fighting to fix it. That was the sentiment of all the Founders, and is what all so called "patriots" claim when they go off to war and massacre innocents abroad. In the rules of this society, you don't have the option of doing noting if the democratic process has been defrauded. I personally do not think the election was defrauded, but there are so many things that are, like the Pentagon lying about WMD in Iraq, the illegal War on Drugs, etc., that it hardly matters. The system is so hopelessly corrupt, we likely should start over.
2) The consequences is you either win or die. Accepting government corruption is not an option. That just makes you complicit in the harm of others.
3) When government has the largest incarceration % in the world, lies about Iraqi WMD, does not even provide pubic health care, etc. it is time for torches and pitchforks most likely.
If I thought an election was defrauded and was passionately upset and outraged, I would take whatever legal steps were necessary to try to effect some change to make it right, it not immediately, in the future.

Being part of a society that you feel is corrupt is your decision. But, you must follow that society's rules or suffer the consequences if your caught or if you are held to them.
Meaningless bullshit. All you said is that we have to behave like herd animals and proceed down the cute to the abattoir.
Nope. Fight the system or live in it. Is there any other choice?

If you are willing to do the time for the crime. If crimes are being committed, arrests should be made. Not complicated.

But if you break a window over something more important, like a fire or a political fraud, then it is not a crime, especially if it is actually your window.
Depends on how you view our "rights". I have a very unorthodox view of rights that most would not agree with. Also, I feel that if you willingly live in a society and decide to remain in said society, you have 3 choices. (1) abide by the society rules; (2) don't abide but be willing to accept the consequences, or (3) do something constructive to make changes you think need to be made.

1) if you think an election has been defrauded, the rules of this society say you are then required to die if necessary, fighting to fix it. That was the sentiment of all the Founders, and is what all so called "patriots" claim when they go off to war and massacre innocents abroad. In the rules of this society, you don't have the option of doing noting if the democratic process has been defrauded. I personally do not think the election was defrauded, but there are so many things that are, like the Pentagon lying about WMD in Iraq, the illegal War on Drugs, etc., that it hardly matters. The system is so hopelessly corrupt, we likely should start over.
2) The consequences is you either win or die. Accepting government corruption is not an option. That just makes you complicit in the harm of others.
3) When government has the largest incarceration % in the world, lies about Iraqi WMD, does not even provide pubic health care, etc. it is time for torches and pitchforks most likely.
If I thought an election was defrauded and was passionately upset and outraged, I would take whatever legal steps were necessary to try to effect some change to make it right, it not immediately, in the future.

Being part of a society that you feel is corrupt is your decision. But, you must follow that society's rules or suffer the consequences if your caught or if you are held to them.
Meaningless bullshit. All you said is that we have to behave like herd animals and proceed down the cute to the abattoir.
We are taking all the legal steps, asshole. You just told me I have to follow society's rules or suffer the consequences. What does that mean of not to behave like herd animals and proceed down the chute to the abattoir?

Your poll is flawed.

It doesn't matter if I can show you one or not. The poll is flawed if it doesn't allow for someone to vote that way, simply because it allows it for GOP types to vote that way.

I know left-wing types who supported it just because it made for good television.

But even if no one cast a vote for that choice, the poll is still flawed because it doesn't allow for it.

Period.
Not to mention that there are no options for me considering I am not GOP or Dem. You cannot see who cast what vote either which really does not achieve the OP's stated goal of clarification. It is, at least, pretty clear that most of the GOP here does not support the riot even considering the concentration of political hacks and extremists that post here. That is rather telling.

The brad brush the media wants to use to classify GOP = insurrectionists is asinine in the extreme but does fit the narrative they want to push so it continues on.

Or just live outside it. Perfectly viable. It takes a shit ton of work and involves a rather shitty existence by today's standards but it is there.

I don’t support the actions of any rowdy mob that damages buildings or loots and burns. Therefore I don’t support the actions of those who entered the Capitol Building on Jan 6th.

However this was no “insurrection.” The rioters did not have firearms and it appears the FBI may have been involved in setting up the riot.

You don't have to have guns to have an insurrection.. Many of them did have weapons.. and per Trump's instructions they were there to fight for their country, take back America and overturn the election.

But to implement an insurrection, you have to not just delay the election certification by a day, but prevent it permanently.
Since I did not see any sleeping bags, tents, etc., I saw nothing to indicate this was a permanent attempt, but just headlines grandstanding for a single day. And I see no harm in that. In fact, I kind of like that, even though I totally disagree with their beliefs, values, etc.
In fact, I wish all different opinions and views got similar face time on a regular basis.
You're lying again.

Insurrection is a revolt against the government. It matters not if it successfully prevents the certification of an election.

An UN ARMED AMERICAN CITIZEN was SHOT DEAD, and the KILLER is in HIDING. Why is that? Who shot her?

If it's so DESERVED, then why hide the murderer?

You're out to lunch.
What murderer? A capitol police officers did his/her duty.

Police only have authority to use deadly force in defense against deadly force.
Since Ashli was incapable of threatening anyone with deadly force, then shooting her was deliberate murder and a criminal offense.
Failing to prosecute the one guilty is complicity after the fact, and is also a crime.
her mission was to go through the broken door window, and do what?

open the doors to let the other rioters who smashed the windows in to the Speaker of the House lobby???

lead the way to Pelosi, Pence, and the rest of congress critters??

What did Ashli have planned to do, once she broke in to the House lobby?

I wish she had not crawled through that smashed window.

I wish she were still alive. I wish she was not shot.

it was reported that she was shot in the shoulder, not heart or head shot. One shot to the shoulder...where the bullet travelled from there, I dunno?

it was also reported that it was not capitol police that shot her, but a Secret Service agent.

I'm thinking if it was secret service, it was likely VP Mike Pence's secret service agent since he was in the House of Reps at the time.

Wrong.
The door were not locked, but barricaded, with chairs, tables, etc.
Ashli getting to the other side would have changed nothing.
And no congress people were in the House any more.
They had left the House we know, because we saw them in the lobby a few minutes earlier, and they were leaving.
They was no one in the House anymore.
There was absolutely no reason to deny Ashli or anyone access to the House lobby or even the House itself any more.

You can see from the arm of the shooter, that he was wearing a uniform, so was a cop.
And the shot was to Ashli's neck. It cut the jugular vein. It was a throat shot, but did not have huge blood loss, so was not the carotid artery, but a vein instead.

Secret Service would not have shot her.
She was not a threat to anyone.
Secret service would more likely have just pushed her back through the window is there was any reason to even bother.
And no, Mike Pence had left like all the members of Congress had.
There was no one there but police.
Not so. Recess had been called, and many of them left immediately, but there were still plenty of House members and staffers inside the House chamber, many hiding under the desks. Others were trying to get out through the Speaker's Lobby, which is the hallway behind the chamber that she was climbing into, because the stairs down to the underground shuttle train are at the opposite end of that Lobby from where she was breaking in. You can see a few in the hallway on the videos.

You may be thinking of the Senate chamber on the other side; that's the one that people got into, climbing on the walls and sitting in the chair and so on. None of the invaders ever made it in to the House chamber, though.
I've lost count how many times I've shown this video, recorded while Benedict Babbitt was shot, and he still continues to lie by falsely claiming there was no one still inside the House chamber...

The only people you can see in that video are media, police, visitors, etc. I saw an almost empty room with fewer than a dozen people, none of whom were members of congress.

The only people you can see in that video are media, police, visitors, etc. I saw an almost empty room with fewer than a dozen people, none of whom were members of congress.
You are either a liar a dope or both.
Congresswoman Jayapal

View attachment 504707

I do not recognize Jaypal, but why would she still be there?
Makes no sense.
Everyone else obviously was smart enough to leave.
And Ashli's attempt to get to the Speaker Lobby would still not have gained her any access to the actual House.
There was still yet another set of barricades protestors would have to cross.

You're lying again.

Had she not been stopped, she was just feet away from a door into the House chamber.

And it matters not WHY she was still there. There were others too. What matters is they were still in the chamber when Ashli Targetpractice attempted to lead the mob to Where lawmakers and staff were still holed up.

The police had no way of knowing whether the woman was armed or unarmed she was part of an armed insurrection. Please are not required to determine whether someone is armed or on arm before feeling threatened and shooting them.

The woman was violently breaking the law and attacking the capital her death may have saved the lives of those who are trying to escape the mob.

The same could be said of any visitor to congress, that the police has no way of knowing if they aer armed or unarmed.
So then NO, the police ARE required by law to determine a visible weapon before shooting.
Feeling threatened is not sufficient.

Breaking a window is "violently breaking the law", but is insufficient grounds for shooting someone.
There was no one who had not already escaped if they had wanted to.
There no longer was any point in defending that barricade any more.
Otherwise the police would not have moved aside.
That is UNLESS, the intent was to deliberately shoot and kill Ashli, as an example?
But that would then be 1st degree murder.
You're lying again.

There is no such requirement. The only requirement is a reasonable fear of death or great bodily harm; which was present when she attempted to leas a violent mob into the House chamber where members of Congress and staff were still holed up.

I don’t support the actions of any rowdy mob that damages buildings or loots and burns. Therefore I don’t support the actions of those who entered the Capitol Building on Jan 6th.

However this was no “insurrection.” The rioters did not have firearms and it appears the FBI may have been involved in setting up the riot.

You don't have to have guns to have an insurrection.. Many of them did have weapons.. and per Trump's instructions they were there to fight for their country, take back America and overturn the election.

But to implement an insurrection, you have to not just delay the election certification by a day, but prevent it permanently.
Since I did not see any sleeping bags, tents, etc., I saw nothing to indicate this was a permanent attempt, but just headlines grandstanding for a single day. And I see no harm in that. In fact, I kind of like that, even though I totally disagree with their beliefs, values, etc.
In fact, I wish all different opinions and views got similar face time on a regular basis.
Attempted soft coup. It does not have to be successful....

A soft coup would still required evidence of a long term attempt, of which there was none.
A one day delay is not worth shooting someone over.
You're lying again.

Ashli Targetpractice wasn't shot for delaying certification.

To prove a point, we need to clarify how many GOP posters support the "violence and law breaking that took place inside the Capital on 1/6/21".
As opposed to the many of us who supported the 1/6 protest, but NOT the attack on the Capital Building and the threats to Mike Pence and the injuries and deaths and property damage.

Please vote in the poll honestly.
You’re not asking the right question.

my vote….

Not a democrat. Oppose the attack
The right question is?
Something along the lines of, "I'm a GOP voter and I condemn the violence done by my fellow Republicans".

You'll get a 0.0 response rate to that question. A lot of the GOP voters really believe the Trump supporters were just on a Capitol Building tour and doing nothing wrong.
Look at the fucking poll before typing nonsense.
The vote is 16 to 4 of GOP voters opposed to the riot at the capital, not 0.0
Assuming the 4 votes are GOP and not dems.
Read the fucking post you're responding to.

Who committed the acts of violence at the capital?
OK, I re-read it. You said: "You'll get a 0.0 response rate to that question." I showed you that the response was 16-4 (not 0.0)

Prove that "a lot of GOP voters believe "the Trump supporters were just on a Capitol Building tour and doing nothing wrong." (you can't, the poll proves you wrong)

Here is my poll question, and your recommended poll question:
"I'm a GOP voter and I condemn the violence done by my fellow Republicans". (yours)

"I'm a GOP voter and NO I do NOT support the attack on the Capital Building" (mine)

Call me illiterate, but I'm not seeing a major difference in those two questions, since the capital riot was obviously by Trump supporters, and FBI instigators.
Yeah shit brains; you didn't post the question I posited. Condemning the violence and explicitly listing the offenders as Trump supporters will get you nowhere with your fellow blobbers. You guys are not living in reality.

As for your illiteracy...you don't see the word "republican" in mine but not yours?
You must be the only idiot in the country who doesn't know as "fact" that the people who rioted at the capital building were Trump supporters, duh.

Proving my point about your illiteracy. Your last line:
"As for your illiteracy...you don't see the word "republican" in mine but not yours?" (look again, yes it is in yours, its assumed in mine)

I win. Give your mom her puter back.
Meanwhile back in reality, I gave you 2 links to folks who still insist it was not Trump supporters.

Oh, I'm 100% sure it was Trump supporters who rioted at the Capitol, did the Tiki Torch white power march in Charlottesville, shot up multiple places across the nation...ran over people in their car, routinely beat the crap out of people at their rallies.

Trump supporters crave violence...always have, always will.

PS: My mother died. Watch your step, boy.
1. Ok, but it was Trump supporters. There may have been a few others, such as FBI or antifa, but of the ~400 rioters obviously most were Trump supporters who were upset about the alleged voter fraud.

2. The tiki torch march was about confederate statues not voter fraud. Lets stick to debating one topic at a time. I'm not sure what got shot up except gang violence in urban plantations, like Chicago?! If antifa doesn't want to get beat up, don't have counter rallies, free speech, diversity, tolerance, and all.

3. Trump violence?!
View attachment 504719

View attachment 504720

4. Sorry about your mother, you sounded younger than that. My only point being that proof-reading posts is a good thing.
Great, let's see your evidence that there were members of the FBI and Antifa there....

I am fighting the system, turd. What the hell do you think I'm supposed to do, stage an insurrection in the capitol?

Forum List

Back