Poll to condemn or condone "the violence and law breaking that took place inside the Capital on 1/6"

Do you support the "violence and law breaking that took place inside the Capital on 1/6"?

• I'm a GOP voter and NO I do NOT support the attack on the Capital Building

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • I'm a GOP voter and YES I do support the attack on the Capital Building

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • I'm a democrat and I condemn the 1/6 attack on the Capital Building

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Other, see my post

Votes: 37 35.2%

• Total voters
I don’t support the actions of any rowdy mob that damages buildings or loots and burns. Therefore I don’t support the actions of those who entered the Capitol Building on Jan 6th.

However this was no “insurrection.” The rioters did not have firearms and it appears the FBI may have been involved in setting up the riot.

You don't have to have guns to have an insurrection.. Many of them did have weapons.. and per Trump's instructions they were there to fight for their country, take back America and overturn the election.

But to implement an insurrection, you have to not just delay the election certification by a day, but prevent it permanently.
Since I did not see any sleeping bags, tents, etc., I saw nothing to indicate this was a permanent attempt, but just headlines grandstanding for a single day. And I see no harm in that. In fact, I kind of like that, even though I totally disagree with their beliefs, values, etc.
In fact, I wish all different opinions and views got similar face time on a regular basis.
But to implement an insurrection, you have to not just delay the election certification by a day, but prevent it permanently.
Nonsense. A failed insurrection is still an insurrection just as a bank robbery is still a bank robbery even if the thief escapes empty handed.

A attempted bank robbery that fails, still has to express an illegal intent.
The capital protestors say their intent was to draw public attention to an election fraud.
Not a singe one of them ever expressed any illegal intent.
They all claimed to be trying to expose something illegal done by others, instead.
The fact I disagree with them and believe they were wrong about the election, does not change the legality of what they did.
What they did was legal.

I don’t support the actions of any rowdy mob that damages buildings or loots and burns. Therefore I don’t support the actions of those who entered the Capitol Building on Jan 6th.

However this was no “insurrection.” The rioters did not have firearms and it appears the FBI may have been involved in setting up the riot.

You don't have to have guns to have an insurrection.. Many of them did have weapons.. and per Trump's instructions they were there to fight for their country, take back America and overturn the election.

Since I did not see any sleeping bags, tents, etc., I saw nothing to indicate this was a permanent attempt, but just headlines grandstanding for a single day. And I see no harm in that. In fact, I kind of like that, even though I totally disagree with their beliefs, values, etc.
In fact, I wish all different opinions and views got similar face time on a regular basis.
Had those insurrectionists gotten hold of the electoral ballots it would have thrown the election to the House based on the number of states and not members , meaning Republicans win. And that was the plan

None of that made any sense to me.
There are never any electoral ballots at the capital, because states run elections, not the federal government.
And no, nothing would throw the election to the House.
There is no way that could happen.

Had those insurrectionists gotten hold of the electoral ballots it would have thrown the election to the House based on the number of states and not members , meaning Republicans win. And that was the plan

None of that made any sense to me.
There are never any electoral ballots at the capital, because states run elections, not the federal government.
And no, nothing would throw the election to the House.
There is no way that could happen.
You are correct. He is wrong.
The rioters could never replace the state certified electors, period.
I think he got confused about the 43,000 votes that Trump lost by in WI, AZ, and GA.
If the recounts had given those three states to Trump, the EC total would have been 269-269.
Then the House would have voted by state, and Trump would have won.

I’m an Ultra-Conservative Authoritarian and I literally couldn’t support the events at the US Capitol Building any more if I tried. It is one of the greatest American political moments in my lifetime.
It was literally one the STUPIDEST things Trump ever did... hold a massive rally steps from the capitol on THAT DAY. He should have KNOWN, or someone around him, that the corrupts democrats and their human debris within the deep state would EXPLOIT IT.
Democrats had nothing to do with it. This is all on you kids.

Yes, Democrats supported the violence, looting and plunder in cities across America all last summer, not going into the Capital on January 6. True dat

Democrats didn't support that violence. They called for lawbreakers to be aarrested. Why are you lying?

Armed means with guns
So, prevent I'm coming at you with a baseball bat.

Am I unarmed?
View attachment 503691

Unarmed people according to kyzr.
The 1/6 protesters were unarmed, i.e. no guns.
Ashli Babbitt was unarmed when she was shot in the neck by a black guy wearing a mask.
They were armed. Bear spray, flag poles, knives and other hand held weapons. They also took tasers from the police and used them.

Stop lying.
Compare those "weapons" to guns. You are lying saying that they were armed.
As soon as the SWAT teams showed up with ARs the party was over. No contest. No insurrection.

What did I lie about?

Sure, the insurrectionists had only been ripping up and shitting (literally) in the Capital for hours and yeah, their courage came in crowd form and when finally challenged by a deadly force they left.

Why are you defending them?
I'm not defending the rioters. I'm defending the insurrection charge.
It was NOT an insurrection, which by definition requires the insurrectionists to be armed.
The lie I'm saying you made is saying that the rioters were "armed".
They did not all have guns. as would be needed to have a real insurrection.
They trespassed, they damaged US property, they got arrested, they were NOT charged with insurrection, QED.
History will record it as a failed insurrection. You must be able to see that writing on the wall.
If it was an insurrection, the instigator would be in jail. But as you can see from reality, people were asked to march and let their voices be heard peacefully. I assume you did hear Trump's speech? And reality will also show, as protests can all too often do, some people take it too far and cause violence.

I assume you have a Trump speech where he's asked protesters to break into the capital building and seize control of the country. I think at this point, maybe you should grab a dictionary.
Well said, Captain. :thup:

Nonsense. A failed insurrection is still an insurrection just as a bank robbery is still a bank robbery even if the thief escapes empty handed.
But a person who attempts to cash a bad check in a bank is not a bank robber nor is a over enthusiastic mob without firearms an insurrection.

Prove it. Are you saying our government is weak? Hahaha

Your Sentinel/Revolver link is horse shit.

According to them "unindicted co-conspirators" MUST be FBI and MUST be working AS FBI agents. They have no evidence of either. Zero.

In every case they point to Oath Keepers and Proud Boys etc. who absolutely were involved in the planning and execution of the Insurrection nd ignore the fact that the Oath Keepers in particular has many current and former law enforcement members ACTING ON THEIR OWN in its ranks.

Could some FBI assholes be members of the Oath Keepers? Sure. Is it likely that the FBI as an organization condones this or even approves of that activity? Not likely at all.

There were LE and active military indicted in this incident. Is it likely that the organizations they work for approved of their activity here? No one has even hinted that to be true. Why would you accept an assertion that the FBI would then?

That's ridiculous.

Your Sentinel/Revolver link is horse shit.

According to them "unindicted co-conspirators" MUST be FBI and MUST be working AS FBI agents. They have no evidence of either. Zero.

In every case they point to Oath Keepers and Proud Boys etc. who absolutely were involved in the planning and execution of the Insurrection nd ignore the fact that the Oath Keepers in particular has many current and former law enforcement members ACTING ON THEIR OWN in its ranks.

Could some FBI assholes be members of the Oath Keepers? Sure. Is it likely that the FBI as an organization condones this or even approves of that activity? Not likely at all.

There were LE and active military indicted in this incident. Is it likely that the organizations they work for approved of their activity here? No one has even hinted that to be true. Why would you accept an assertion that the FBI would then?

That's ridiculous
Are you certain that’s ridiculou?

View attachment 504709

Yes, like the 1993 WTC bombing with a truck bomb in the parking basement.
The FBI provided the explosives, the van, talked them into it, etc.
Sure they did. And you know this because you got it from Infowars… right?
Wrong.
We know the FBI provided the explosives and van for the 1993 WTC bombing because the FBI agent who was responsible for doing these things, Emad Salem, was afraid he was being set up, so recorded his instructions from the FBI.

{...
Transcripts of the tapes were turned over last week to defense lawyers in two cases, the ongoing World Trade Center bombing trial and the second case, which involves 15 men accused of plotting to blow up other targets in New York. The transcripts, which were put under seal by a Federal judge, have been obtained by The New York Times.

The transcripts are replete with new allegations about what the authorities have called the most damaging terrorist attack in American history and the larger conspiracy related to it. The transcripts are like spotlights, providing bursts of illumination in the still-dark arena of the case, so that faces, names and actions appear in the light, and then, the moment of illumination over, seem to fade again. Mr. Salem's specific allegations cannot be confirmed independently but they are clearly taken seriously by the F.B.I. agents.
The transcripts show the torment of the F.B.I. agents and of Mr. Salem over whether the attack on the World Trade Center could have been prevented, as Mr. Salem repeatedly and furiously insists, and whether the decision to pull him off the case six months before the explosion was a fatal blunder. Mr. Salem tells the F.B.I. that he himself was recruited into the bombing conspiracy in 1992 by El Sayyid A. Nosair, the man accused of killing Rabbi Meir Kahane in 1990. In Mr. Salem's account, Mr. Nosair emerges for the first time as a central figure in the trade center plot.
Throughout, the transcripts reveal the mood of guilt and recrimination in the wake of the devastating trade center blast. In one early conversation secretly taped by Mr. Salem while riding in a car with two F.B.I. agents soon after the explosion, the informer and the agents argue whether Mr. Salem had specifically informed them months earlier that the attack on the World Trade Center would take place.

"I told you so, that this is one of the targets," Mr. Salem says. "You forgot. You have your papers. Go back to it. World Trade Center, Empire State Building, Grand Central. Times Square."

"I looked over my notes," one of the agents, John Anticev, says. "I didn't see anything about a target." To this, Detective Napoli, says: "I was there also. I don't remember you saying target." Details -- Great and Small

After the bomb went off at the trade center, Mr. Salameh, who had been dropped as an F.B.I. informer was put on again, and he used his contacts with the sheik and the men around him to collect much of the intelligence that led to their indictments several months later. Most of the taped conversations with the F.B.I. -- there are 70 of them in all but only 45 have been released -- took place during this last phase of Mr. Salem's work as an informer, after the explosion.
But many of the exchanges reveal an emotionally complex, often tormented, always multifaceted relationship, one in which Mr. Salem frequently returns to two subjects: one, his hurt at having been dropped by the F.B.I. earlier; two, his claim, as he put it to Mr. Anticev, that the F.B.I. failed to do its job in preventing the World Trade Center attack.

"All of these things, you didn't think it was serious," Mr. Salem says of the information he claims to have provided to the F.B.I. "You didn't think."

"We knew it was serious," Detective Napoli replies and continues: "It wasn't that we didn't believe you. It was just that the only way, you could have, to stay, was that you had to testify."
"We couldn't let you make a bomb and then give that bomb to whoever," Agent Anticev tells Mr. Salem, adding "because later on if that bomb, let's say goes off at a synagogue and kills two, three people, and that it comes out that, that, an agent of the F.B.I. participated in making the bomb, forget it, they would go berserk. The press would say we knew, we'd be sued, people would be fired." Temptations and Trust

When, after the bombing, the F.B.I. tries to lure Mr. Salem back into his informer's role, agents try to tempt him with the prospect of being put into the Witness Protection Program.
...}

The police had no way of knowing whether the woman was armed or unarmed she was part of an armed insurrection. Please are not required to determine whether someone is armed or on arm before feeling threatened and shooting them.
Actually they are! And the insurrection was not an armed affair. You are just lying your considerable ass
off! The several police there all had the drop on Babbitt and look at the video, which is available,
and show me where Babbitt was "threatening them". Another fucking pathetic lie trying to
justify murder.
The woman was violently breaking the law and attacking the capital her death may have saved the lives of those who are trying to escape the mob.
She was present in the Capitol. "Violently" breaking the law is yet another lie. Is merely standing in someone else's house "violently breaking the law"?
You are a cartoon. But not funny.

It must be really hurting you to accept the greatest insurrection on democracy was done by your republic and.
You can blather all you want with pathetic excuses. It is history and I'll make republicans wear it like a crown of thorns.

Okay. Still looking for the truth in your claim that "hundreds" at the Capitol melee
were arrested for their white supremacist connections.
I never said that the hundreds of Trump goons who attacked the police at the Capitol were all white supremacists.

I noted that, "Hundreds of the Trump goons who attacked the Capitol in a failed attempt to prevent the democratic process have been identified, arrested, and are being prosecuted. Their white-supremacist affiliations [and there are undeniable, proven white-supremacist affiliations among them] wreak havoc with the Trumpy lie that is was 'antifa!" impersonating Trump goons."

The white-supremacist affiliations among the hundreds of Trump goons arrested is a matter of record.

Were there Trump goons attacking the police at the Capitol among the hundreds who have been identified, arrested, and are being prosecuted who were not members of white-supremacist groups? Of course.

The police had no way of knowing whether the woman was armed or unarmed she was part of an armed insurrection. Please are not required to determine whether someone is armed or on arm before feeling threatened and shooting them.
Actually they are! And the insurrection was not an armed affair. You are just lying your considerable ass
off! The several police there all had the drop on Babbitt and look at the video, which is available,
and show me where Babbitt was "threatening them". Another fucking pathetic lie trying to
justify murder.
The woman was violently breaking the law and attacking the capital her death may have saved the lives of those who are trying to escape the mob.
She was present in the Capitol. "Violently" breaking the law is yet another lie. Is merely standing in someone else's house "violently breaking the law"?

It must be really hurting you to accept the greatest insurrection on democracy was done by your republic and.
You can blather all you want with pathetic excuses. It is history and I'll make republicans wear it like a crown of thorns.
never heard of the civil war huh? War with Britian, huh. wow, you need you some schooling boi!

Custard's last stand?

anything related to the US?

Trying to be cute turned into stupid.

Okay. Still looking for the truth in your claim that "hundreds" at the Capitol melee
were arrested for their white supremacist connections.
I never said that the hundreds of Trump goons who attacked the police at the Capitol were all white supremacists.

I noted that, "Hundreds of the Trump goons who attacked the Capitol in a failed attempt to prevent the democratic process have been identified, arrested, and are being prosecuted. Their white-supremacist affiliations [and there are undeniable, proven white-supremacist affiliations among them] wreak havoc with the Trumpy lie that is was 'antifa!" impersonating Trump goons."

The white-supremacist affiliations among the hundreds of Trump goons arrested is a matter of record.

Were there Trump goons attacking the police at the Capitol among the hundreds who have been identified, arrested, and are being prosecuted who were not members of white-supremacist groups? Of course.
link

justify murder.

never heard of the civil war huh? War with Britian, huh. wow, you need you some schooling boi!

The civil war was about freeing slaves.
The war with Britain was about breaking free.
The insurrection was an attack on democracy so front be so stupid to deny it. They smashed the joint attempting to stop pence certifying the election and threatening to kill people yet you think it was insignificant?
Don't make me vomit you fool.

150 days after Capitol attack, more than 465 arrested as FBI seeks tips on hundreds more​

Members Of Right-Wing Militias, Extremist Groups Are Latest Charged In Capitol Siege​

[Members Of Right-Wing Militias, Extremist Groups Are Latest Charged In Capitol Siege]

Prosecutors in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday evening released a slew of communications
indicating that three para-military militia groups had formed a coordinated “alliance”
in the weeks ahead of the Jan. 6 Capitol siege — discussing strategy and use of
force tactics as they prepared to “get shit kicked off” following the “Save the Steal” rally.

[‘Wait for the 6th When We Are All in DC to Insurrection’: New Communications Indicate Coordination Between Oath Keepers, Proud Boys, and Three-Percenters]​

More Than a Dozen Extremist Groups Took Part in Capitol Riots​

150 days after Capitol attack, more than 465 arrested as FBI seeks tips on hundreds more​

Members Of Right-Wing Militias, Extremist Groups Are Latest Charged In Capitol Siege​

[Members Of Right-Wing Militias, Extremist Groups Are Latest Charged In Capitol Siege]

Prosecutors in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday evening released a slew of communications
indicating that three para-military militia groups had formed a coordinated “alliance”
force tactics as they prepared to “get shit kicked off” following the “Save the Steal” rally.

[‘Wait for the 6th When We Are All in DC to Insurrection’: New Communications Indicate Coordination Between Oath Keepers, Proud Boys, and Three-Percenters]​

what was this then?

1624479936139.png

Protesters filled the Hart Senate Building on Oct. 4 to protest the nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. (Charlotte Alter -- TIME)

They aren't told about this stuff in their world.

To prove a point, we need to clarify how many GOP posters support the "violence and law breaking that took place inside the Capital on 1/6/21".
As opposed to the many of us who supported the 1/6 protest, but NOT the attack on the Capital Building and the threats to Mike Pence and the injuries and deaths and property damage.

Please vote in the poll honestly.

Looks like you already got people who answered "Other" but in their post they support the "violence and law breaking".
The test is for GOP voters to decide. "Other" means we're still tracking favorably and lawfully.
No, you should have stated conservatives, that'd give the more fringier in your group a chance to answer.
I'm not a conservative, I'm a Trump "America First Populist". Conservatism is dead. Its also a lie.
You're a magaturd. There's no use for you. At all.
Says a low IQ democrat. Got any content to debate or are you too stupid?
There's no one dumber than a magaturd. No one.
LOL!! You are!! Congratulations!! Your posts have no content, none, nada, zilch, zero, nil, nothing. So lets not compare IQs, ok?
You think I'm a 'leftist', so that would be a losing battle for a magaturd.

I’m an Ultra-Conservative Authoritarian and I literally couldn’t support the events at the US Capitol Building any more if I tried. It is one of the greatest American political moments in my lifetime.
It was literally one the STUPIDEST things Trump ever did... hold a massive rally steps from the capitol on THAT DAY. He should have KNOWN, or someone around him, that the corrupts democrats and their human debris within the deep state would EXPLOIT IT.
Democrats had nothing to do with it. This is all on you kids.

Yes, Democrats supported the violence, looting and plunder in cities across America all last summer, not going into the Capital on January 6. True dat

Democrats didn't support that violence. They called for lawbreakers to be aarrested. Why are you lying?

You called for antifa, BLM and leftist looters, rioters causing violence and starting fires to be arrested. Sure you did, liar

They aren't told about this stuff in their world.
The violent assault upon Congress, an attempts by fanatics to prevent it from discharging its Constitutional duties, ending an admirable tradition of peaceful transfers of power going back to 1797, merits an independent bipartisan commission to investigate its perpetrators and the propaganda that motivated them and, of course, to recommend proper precautions to guard against its recurrence.

If it was actually antifa impersonating Trump goons, or Black Lives Matter, or if they were indistinguishable from typical tourists as has been alleged, those who believe those claims that they are making, should insist upon such a commission to exonerate Trump and his goons.

Forum List

Back