Poll to condemn or condone "the violence and law breaking that took place inside the Capital on 1/6"

Do you support the "violence and law breaking that took place inside the Capital on 1/6"?

• I'm a GOP voter and NO I do NOT support the attack on the Capital Building

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • I'm a GOP voter and YES I do support the attack on the Capital Building

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • I'm a democrat and I condemn the 1/6 attack on the Capital Building

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Other, see my post

Votes: 37 35.2%

• Total voters
Yep, how many Republicans are willing to admit the 1/6 attack on the Capital was bad for democracy. Fucking losers, let's hear from you.

They broke the law or they are heroes? Seems an easy choice to make.
you'd have a point if the cops hadn't opened the doors and invited them in.
Well it was either that or open up on the mob with semi-automatic rifles.

I want to know why an unarmed petite woman can be shot dead, and the shooter isn't made public, not to mention stand trial for murder.

Do you think that "unarmed petite woman" was practicing her rights as an American while she was trespassing?
Since when does trespassing carry the death penalty, liar.
So you won’t shoot if me and the boys come over, smash your windows and climb into your home?

Unless they were legally blind I think it's more than obvious they would use their eyes to make that determination.
Provide the proof that this woman was a threat that meritted lethal force.

"Provide the proof".....I cannot do that.
I'm an old retired farmer who was a long long way from Washington DC on January 6th.
I didn't see it happen in real time.
But, I did see it several times on video ---from different angles.

The woman got shot because of poor decisions the woman made.
It's that stark and that simple.

First, Ashli Babbitt was not a 'tourist', as some boneheaded Congressman claimed.
She was not a mere protestor as some claim.
She was first....a trespasser.
She became, in due time, a burglar......breaking and entering. A felony offense.

She and her mob of cohorts violently battered at the entry way....despite warnings to back off.
Ashli, a veteran of the Air Force, and despite her oath to preserve and protect America, did nothing...zero, nada.....to prevent, dissuade, or mitigate what her companions were doing in their violent battering. In fact, she shouted epithets at the officers on the other side of the barrier.

And, importantly, once the breach was affected she charged in...despite the warnings and despite the pointed gun......she kept coming.

Kept coming while shrouded in a concealing flag that could have hidden a grenade, a suicide vest, a Glock 17. She kept coming.
Until she didn't.

Poor decisions often beget poor results.
May the poor tragically misguided woman rest in peace, and her family be comforted.

I want to know why an unarmed petite woman can be shot dead, and the shooter isn't made public, not to mention stand trial for murder.

Do you think that "unarmed petite woman" was practicing her rights as an American while she was trespassing?
So you won’t shoot if me and the boys come over, smash your windows and climb into your home?
Dear stupid, the capitol is a public place.

"Provide the proof".....I cannot do that.
I'm an old retired farmer who was a long long way from Washington DC on January 6th.
I didn't see it happen in real time.
But, I did see it several times on video ---from different angles.
so you are arguing about something you know nothing about. Demofk!!!!

if the cops hadn't opened the doors and invited them in.

Invited?
All cops?
All doors?
For all of the mob?

Or was it a few cops at a few doors for some of the mob that they were fleeing from?

Or did some of the mob violently beat and assault the police. then broke doors and windows by battering them down with steel poles, wooden poles, stolen police shields......and once THOSE batterers and burglars got in, did they then open doors from the inside to let more of the mob inside?

Defending, denying, deflecting, minimizing, falsely comparing.......what happened on January 6th to America is, in my humble opinion, NOT mere opinionizing under free speech.....it borders on treason, on betraying America and one of the defining and much admired characteristics of our American democracy, the peaceful transfer of power.

It is shameful.

Armed means with guns
So, prevent I'm coming at you with a baseball bat.

Am I unarmed?

Yes you are unarmed if you only have a base ball bat.
You can't legally be shot as a deadly threat.
You can only be shot with a baseball bat if you have used it and shown a deadly intent.
Yes you are unarmed if you only have a base ball bat.
You can't legally be shot as a deadly threat.
You can only be shot with a baseball bat if you have used it and shown a deadly intent.
Yikes….
What do you imagine the intent of a large crowd breaking through doors and windows while beating police officers to be? Benign? Peaceful?

"Dear stupid, the capitol is a public place."
(with restrictions, duh!)

Like the Oval Office
Like Fort Knox.
Like the Gem Room at the Smithsonian.

So batter away when you go do your protest-tourist gig.
Let us know how it goes.

Dear stupid, the capitol is a public place.
Great, then go knock on Nancy Pelosi's office and demand she show you classified material. It's in that building, that makes it public, right, doofus?

Forum List

Back