Poll Shows Americans Support Terrorist Profiling

red states rule

May 30, 2006
As I have said on other threads, the political tide is shifting. Now a Quinnipiac University poll shows a large majority supports terrorist profiling.

The left, who want to fight a PC war, is once again on the losing side of an issue.

The folks understand we are at war, the terrorists want to kill as many Americans as possible, and we cannot talk to these terrorist pigs.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1939394.cms

Most Americans okay with ethnic profiling: Poll

NEW YORK: A majority of Americans approve of ethnic profiling at airports and subways to prevent terrorist attacks, a new poll shows.

The poll conducted by Quinnipiac University found 60 per cent of respondents believe that authorities should be allowed to single out people who look like "Middle Eastern" for security screening.

Only 37 per cent opposed it in the poll which has a margin of error of plus/minus three per cent.

As many 68 per cent of men supported and 37 per cent opposed profiling while in the case of women the respective numbers were 52 per cent and 42 per cent.

The poll, released Tuesday, found that 56 per cent believe that historians would consider September 11, 2001 terrorists attacks "more significant" than December 7, 1941 Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour.

A total of 62 per cent of Americans are "very worried" or "somewhat worried" that there will be another terrorist attack on the US in the next few months, while 37 per cent are "not too worried" or "not worried at all" the independent Quinnipiac University poll found.

But only 27 per cent of Americans have changed their lives as a result of the threat of terrorism, while 72 per cent go about their life as usual.

"The start of America's role in World War II pales next to what many call the start of World War III," said Maurice Carroll, director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute.

Nearly 53 to 39 per cent, Americans disapproved of the job President George Bush is doing. A break up shows that Americans disapprove of his handling of war on terror overseas by 54 to 40 per cent but approve of his policies to prevent terrorism in US by 53 to 42 per cent.

Profiling should have been instituted immediately after 9/11. The idiotic, foolhardy, politically correct, and ultimately incompetant method imposed by Norman Yoshio Mineta, a Clinton holdover, was an operational disaster. Frisk wheel chair bound grandmothers but wave an obviously Arab man in his 20's through the metal detector; saw it myself in St. Louis. Pathetic, stupid, indefensible.

naaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

i look forword to another flight to hawaii where akbar and his hooded wife sail through security while my big busted jo lo assed wife is pulled out of line and frisked by rosie odonell, gengis kahn yells at my 3 yeard olde blonde ayrian daughter for chasing her mom into the "pat down area" then tests my daughter for bomb residue....while my son and i look on and my 8 year olde son asks me.............and i quote........"why don't they frisk the people that look like the terrorists on fox?......

naaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

i look forword to another flight to hawaii where akbar and his hooded wife sail through security while my big busted jo lo assed wife is pulled out of line and frisked by rosie odonell, gengis kahn yells at my 3 yeard olde blonde ayrian daughter for chasing her mom into the "pat down area" then tests my daughter for bomb residue....while my son and i look on and my 8 year olde son asks me.............and i quote........"why don't they frisk the people that look like the terrorists on fox?......

Rather puzzling stupid isn't it?
Why must we fight this war with both hands tied behind our back and hopping on one leg?

Rather puzzling stupid isn't it?
Why must we fight this war with both hands tied behind our back and hopping on one leg?

Because the government has made it illegal for anyone else to help fight the War on Terror (thanks to the TSA) and they don't know any other way to do things. I mean, look at government schooling. They spend more than twice as much per student, yet get far worse results than private schools and homeschooling.

I support the prevention of terroism by almost any means -- if profiling works, then profile the hell out of Arabs.

However, someone tells me this will cause the terrorists to gain a step ahead of us. If they see us heavily profiling Arabs and people we think of as terrorists, then they will find people who don't fit the mold, or other means.

I support the prevention of terroism by almost any means -- if profiling works, then profile the hell out of Arabs.

However, someone tells me this will cause the terrorists to gain a step ahead of us. If they see us heavily profiling Arabs and people we think of as terrorists, then they will find people who don't fit the mold, or other means.

It will limit their pool, though. The majority of would-be terrorists are Arab Muslims. If we just go by the number of airline hijackers that were Arab, they're down to about 4-6% of their original pool. If you profile the name, instead of just the ethnicity, they're down to nothing.

The problem with profiling is that it inconveniences and sometimes humiliates innocent people. The problem is that it's the best way to spot and stop terrorists. I've heard rumors about a new scanning technology already being deployed in some parts of Europe. It allows security to see everything hidden beneath people's clothes. Right now that includes nudity, so of course there are people against the use of the scanners. But I think this technology should be deployed here. It would put an end to profiling and streamline security check points.

The problem with profiling is that it inconveniences and sometimes humiliates innocent people. The problem is that it's the best way to spot and stop terrorists. I've heard rumors about a new scanning technology already being deployed in some parts of Europe. It allows security to see everything hidden beneath people's clothes. Right now that includes nudity, so of course there are people against the use of the scanners. But I think this technology should be deployed here. It would put an end to profiling and streamline security check points.

So, who are you REALLY, and what have you done with HC?

The problem with NOTprofiling it inconveniences and sometimes humiliates innocent people. Not that I would complain, but I was 'targeted for security' by means I know not. Funny thing, not at O'Hare from where I took off, but at Logan on a return. Down to bra and all my carryons were gone through.

Same happened to my dad in 2002. He was 83 years old, in a wheelchair because of long walk at airport. Neither of us made sense.

naaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

LMAO...Can't rep you yet IOU

Forum List

Back