POLL: Should the Washington Redskins change their name?

POLL: Should the Washington Redskins change their name?

• No

• Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
Because they asked her years after she left the job. I don't have emails from two years ago, do you? I delete that shit so it doesn't clog my server.
UM, I still HAVE emails I sent Powell and Gore, but for some reason my Clinton email is missing, but all 3 have something in common, when they turned in their emails mine were missing and they should not have been classified and all were required to be saved, because they were sent to Gov't emails.

Last edited:
Thank you, it is dually noted that liberals do not like disabled people, primarilly when they are losing debates, we'll put that response in the same category as the Liberals killing (thus hating) babies and threatening people's dogs thus not liking dogs either.
Let's make a list:
Hate the disabled, hate Babies Hate Dogs, hate gated communities, hate facts and truth, hate intellectual honesty, hate free speech, hate equal rights, hate statues and history, Hate their country, hate democracy, hate fair ellections, hate refutations that expose their failed logic, hate balanced news, hate law and order, hate drug enforcement, hate capitalism, hate Americans, hate a thriving economy because they bet against it, hate their parents, hate happy people, and lastly since they hate their mirror image reflected back= they hate themselves.

Okay, buddy, now you are just babbling...

You guys got behind a mutt, he's now managed to mess it up, and you are whining.
Hey JoeB131,

Could you please show the time stamp in the video for where the word REDSKIN is used. Why are you avoiding doing this?

Because they asked her years after she left the job. I don't have emails from two years ago, do you? I delete that shit so it doesn't clog my server.
UM, I still HAVE emails I sent Powell and Gore, but for some reason my Clinton email is missing, but all 3 have something in common, when they turned in their emails mine were missing and they should not have been classified and all were required to be saved, because they were sent to Gov't emails.
Was the missing Clinton email sent to Billy Bob Clinton ( I did not have sex with that woman) or to Hillary ( I won the popular vote) I should have been president and eaten for free on Presidents’ Day at a restaurant of my choice... Oops can’t now because of the Covid and because I lost...Regardless as a sign of the times we live in unless you print it or keep a paper trail anything electronic can go poof into the thin air and that includes all your money in the banks as well making it really hard to prove anything and easy to make us forget the past so it can be changed or rewritten... Come to think of it they already did that many times over with the new testament so why not with everything else as well...

I voted yes for similar reason I've felt the Cleveland Indians should change theirs. I've been a fan of the Tribe since the late 1950's and didn't think anything about the name and Chief Wahoo until I moved to Arizona at age of 27. Ever since I have sensed a disconnect between the city and its team's nickname. The settlers of Cleveland drove the native people out. So it isn't the case of trying to honor a local heritage, like say the Minnesota Vikings.

Even as a kid in the 1960s, I used to think the Chief Wahoo mascot was grotesque

View attachment 361392 are u equally appaled?

Attachments

• 7951B387-2BF1-468C-8645-EA34E647F968.jpeg
    7951B387-2BF1-468C-8645-EA34E647F968.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 29
I voted yes for similar reason I've felt the Cleveland Indians should change theirs. I've been a fan of the Tribe since the late 1950's and didn't think anything about the name and Chief Wahoo until I moved to Arizona at age of 27. Ever since I have sensed a disconnect between the city and its team's nickname. The settlers of Cleveland drove the native people out. So it isn't the case of trying to honor a local heritage, like say the Minnesota Vikings.

Even as a kid in the 1960s, I used to think the Chief Wahoo mascot was grotesque

Equally appalled RW?

Equally appalled RW?
Chief Wahoo is creepy

Maybe if they called them the Drunken Irish

Equally appalled RW?
Chief Wahoo is creepy

thats besides the point. If one is offensive the other one is as well, right?

Equally appalled RW?
Chief Wahoo is creepy

It all comes down to offensive stereotypes

Redskins is an offensive term
Drunken Irish would be offensive
Cheap Jews would be offensive
Italian Mobsters would be offensive

Equally appalled RW?
Chief Wahoo is creepy

what’s the stereotype with Indians? I guess the term Indian is not used correctl, but Cleveland Indians is easier to say than Cleveland Native Americans

Equally appalled RW?
Chief Wahoo is creepy

Redskins is not offensive to more than 90% of Native Americans in polling that has been done. Its actually non-hispanic whites where you find the largest number of people that find the term offensive.

The fact is, every name out there is offensive to someone, somewhere. Who determines what is offensive and what name has to be changed?

This name change is happening because of unique rare set of circumstances happening at the same time. Sort of like winning the lottery for those wanting the Redskin name changed. For the past two months, you have had an extremely heated environment when it comes to racial issues because of the filmed graphic nature of George Floyd's death. Riots, looting, and destruction of business and accusations of racism against people that blow up on social media and spread around the world in minutes. No business or commercial entity wants to be seen as on the wrong side of any issues, so the pressure on them to stop their dealings with the Redskins is working now, when it went no where before. Its this climate of fear and retribution which has brought about the name change. People being out of work or isolated for months has also played a role allowing them to focus on a particular issue.

The Redskin name is casualty of coronavirus and George Floyd's death. Without those things, the Redskin name would continued to be used by Washington for decades more. The minority who wanted a name-change saw a golden opportunity and they pounced on it.

Equally appalled RW?
Chief Wahoo is creepy

what’s the stereotype with Indians? I guess the term Indian is not used correctl, but Cleveland Indians is easier to say than Cleveland Native Americans
I don’t see as much outrage over the name Indian as I do Redskin. Redskin is used derisively

The problem with the Cleveland Indians is that God-Awful Chief Wahoo mascot.

Atlanta Braves is a similar problem. It is not the name “Braves” that is offensive, but the “Tomahawk Chop”. Bunch of white people mocking how Indians are supposed to act.

Equally appalled RW?
Chief Wahoo is creepy

Redskins is not offensive to more than 90% of Native Americans in polling that has been done. Its actually non-hispanic whites where you find the largest number of people that find the term offensive.

The fact is, every name out there is offensive to someone, somewhere. Who determines what is offensive and what name has to be changed?

This name change is happening because of unique rare set of circumstances happening at the same time. Sort of like winning the lottery for those wanting the Redskin name changed. For the past two months, you have had an extremely heated environment when it comes to racial issues because of the filmed graphic nature of George Floyd's death. Riots, looting, and destruction of business and accusations of racism against people that blow up on social media and spread around the world in minutes. No business or commercial entity wants to be seen as on the wrong side of any issues, so the pressure on them to stop their dealings with the Redskins is working now, when it went no where before. Its this climate of fear and retribution which has brought about the name change. People being out of work or isolated for months has also played a role allowing them to focus on a particular issue.

The Redskin name is casualty of coronavirus and George Floyd's death. Without those things, the Redskin name would continued to be used by Washington for decades more. The minority who wanted a name-change saw a golden opportunity and they pounced on it.

People have complained about the Redskin name for decades. Only now, the team is being forced to listen by the only fans that matter. The sponsors

Redskin has been used as a taunt much like Spook or Coon.

Equally appalled RW?
Chief Wahoo is creepy

People have complained about the Redskin name for decades. Only now, the team is being forced to listen by the only fans that matter. The sponsors

Redskin has been used as a taunt much like Spook or Coon.

Can you provide a video example of the word Redskin being used as a taunt or slur?

There have been people that have been offended by every name imaginable for centuries.

There is no sourced complaint about the name Washington Redskins until 1968, 35 years after the team was formed. Since that time, it has continued to be a tiny minority that find it offensive. If the name Redskin were a taunt or slur, Native American communities would not use the name for their sports teams at schools. But they do.

Was the missing Clinton email sent to Billy Bob Clinton ( I did not have sex with that woman) or to Hillary ( I won the popular vote) I should have been president and eaten for free on Presidents’ Day at a restaurant of my choice... Oops can’t now because of the Covid and because I lost...Regardless as a sign of the times we live in unless you print it or keep a paper trail anything electronic can go poof into the thin air and that includes all your money in the banks as well making it really hard to prove anything and easy to make us forget the past so it can be changed or rewritten... Come to think of it they already did that many times over with the new testament so why not with everything else as well...
I remember it being both, but it could have been just his. I'M NOTICING, that Google is whitewashing the Clintons, it's amazing how they can control not just narrative, but history itself.
As you noted before, I'm being slowly removed from ever existing, as is anything problematic to those I'm exposing that they are protecting.

I remember it being both, but it could have been just his. I'M NOTICING, that Google is whitewashing the Clintons, it's amazing how they can control not just narrative, but history itself.
As you noted before, I'm being slowly removed from ever existing, as is anything problematic to those I'm exposing that they are protecting.
Ironically or unironically I believe the term that used to be used is "whitewashed" still might be .They will have to come up with another term if they are going to take this to the extreme they are looking too...I have been watching this unfold for years as have you where there is a systematic removal of any and all things that dont agree with the party line.... That is actually called Censureship... I remember the original ten commandments where after Moses was stripped of his titles where the Pharoah expunged or removed the name of Moses from the history books. Anything and everything was removed and his name was never to be mentioned again... So let it be written and let it be done.... Back then the scribes had to chisel out his name and his deeds...yesterday they had to rewrite the books...Today with the stroke of a key in keyboard it can be done so thouroughly that the name of Hashev or any other can be removed easily and swiftly. and the Clintons can be whitewashed and be made untarnashed and pure.... so much for history and so much for the truth Aldous Huxley ( 1984) would have been Amazed...

Equally appalled RW?
Chief Wahoo is creepy

Warmongers should be the new name.
48C21B10-7001-4603-83E3-C0D963B24352.png

Forum List

Back