Poll: Should SCOTUS override states' rights regarding when to stop counting ballots?

Should SCOTUS override states' rights regarding when to stop counting ballots?

• Total voters
I feel very strongly that SCOTUS should not tell states when to stop counting their ballots - especially in the middle of a pandemic - and a presidential election. That should be totally left up to the states and their respective election laws. I think this is something that both Democrats and Republicans should be able to agree on. What do you think?
My view is simple. You’re a leftist. That means you’re deranged. So whatever your opinion on this is, mine will be the opposite. Thank you for your poll.

The idiocy of right wing voters. The left are wrong. The left are always wrong. Anything you say is wrong. Even when you have proof that you're correct, I will oppose anything you say.

This is why the USA is in the mess they're in now. Because you oppose anything the other side says, just because a leftist said it. Not because you've look at any ideas and discussed their merits, because you don't. You look at who said it and oppose anything the other side proposes, while supporting the toxic policies that have destroyed your economy.
Ummm...I hate to be the one to break this to you, but it's the left that's destroyed the economy. Trump's been asking that states open back up. Democrat governors have kept their states locked down.

It's not the lockdown which is destroying the economy. It's the pandemic. You cannot re-open without controlling the pandemic. Trump cannot or will not control the pandemic. He's the guy in charge of the economy, not the States.
That is so insanely wrong. If governors establish rules limiting how many customers a business may have, or even if certain types of businesses can open at all, the responsibility is on the governors for the economic impact -- not Trump.

I know this reality has been explained to you. I don't know why you bitterly cling to the lies.

Seriously...the US is headed towards a Banana Republic every day. Mind you, with a monkey in charge, what do people expect?
EVERY STATE has laws on the books and the FEDERAL Government MUST ensure they OBEY those laws.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with my comment.
Yes it does you are whining about states following their laws and claiming that makes us a banana republic. MORON.

No. I was talking generically. Didn't mention states. Although, to be fair, that is what this thread is about. I should have been clearer.

View attachment 408115

DIRE DISSENTS: 3 JUSTICES ITCHING TO TOSS BALLOTS!

Scary. It really is scary to have a political SCOTUS. Welcome to the American banana republic.
I don't remember you ever objecting when SCOTUS made rulings based on liberal politics.
Lefties have always said that supporting state rights is racist
Leftists fear and hate anything that doesn't support an all-powerful Federal government.

At minimum, all states should not count any ballots that are postmarked after the election.
Everyone has had plenty of time.
Even when the president is sabotaging the postal system? That’s what these law suits are designed to take advantage of and Brett K basically admitted in his Wisconsin decision. Upper classes using the useful idiot Republicans to keep power

You're a damn liar, I got mail from NY and NJ to podunk TX in 5 calendar days. The speed of the post office hasn't changed.

Of course you would say that. You do hate government, right? You guys just want to hurt people, hurt Democracy, hurt yourselves.

No, you irrelevant little pissant, I stated facts. I just got a book I ordered form Ebay, it was shipped from WA on the 19th, I got it on the 26th. Book rate is slower than first class. And the only people that will get hurt around me are stupid shits like you, if they had the balls to spew your kind of crap to my face.

I feel very strongly that SCOTUS should not tell states when to stop counting their ballots - especially in the middle of a pandemic - and a presidential election. That should be totally left up to the states and their respective election laws. I think this is something that both Democrats and Republicans should be able to agree on. What do you think?
My view is simple. You’re a leftist. That means you’re deranged. So whatever your opinion on this is, mine will be the opposite. Thank you for your poll.

The idiocy of right wing voters. The left are wrong. The left are always wrong. Anything you say is wrong. Even when you have proof that you're correct, I will oppose anything you say.

This is why the USA is in the mess they're in now. Because you oppose anything the other side says, just because a leftist said it. Not because you've look at any ideas and discussed their merits, because you don't. You look at who said it and oppose anything the other side proposes, while supporting the toxic policies that have destroyed your economy.
Ummm...I hate to be the one to break this to you, but it's the left that's destroyed the economy. Trump's been asking that states open back up. Democrat governors have kept their states locked down.

It's not the lockdown which is destroying the economy. It's the pandemic. You cannot re-open without controlling the pandemic. Trump cannot or will not control the pandemic. He's the guy in charge of the economy, not the States.

Poor little Canadian commie, our CDC is telling Americans to avoid nonessential travel to your little wasteland because of a HIGH RISK of covid.

And it seems your cases and deaths are spiking as we speak, so perhaps you should mind your own fucking business.

Republicans only care about states rights when it fits their narrative. They think like children. It’s impossible to take them seriously as adults.
...say the people still throwing tantrums about the 2016 election.

participation trophy kids.jpg

At minimum, all states should not count any ballots that are postmarked after the election.
Even when the president is sabotaging the postal system? That’s what these law suits are designed to take advantage of and Brett K basically admitted in his Wisconsin decision. Upper classes using the useful idiot Republicans to keep power

You're a damn liar, I got mail from NY and NJ to podunk TX in 5 calendar days. The speed of the post office hasn't changed.

Of course you would say that. You do hate government, right? You guys just want to hurt people, hurt Democracy, hurt yourselves.

How long did your brainwashing last to convince you of such absurd things?

No, you irrelevant little pissant, I stated facts. I just got a book I ordered form Ebay, it was shipped from WA on the 19th, I got it on the 26th. Book rate is slower than first class. And the only people that will get hurt around me are stupid shits like you, if they had the balls to spew your kind of crap to my face.

Oh boo, you sound like a sore loser. Is that right?

Oh boo, you sound like a sore loser. Is that right?

Tell me child, exactly what have I lost? Well except for the few seconds I spent responding to a moron like you.

Presumably any original counts and recounts would have to be concluded by the Dec 8th Safe Harbor deadline.

Other than that, the actions of the USPS under Louis DeJoy's treachery with delayed the dilivery of thousands of mail-in ballots should be enough to mandate extending the deadline so as not to reward such an obvious act of treason.

This is one thing the SCOTUS should do. They should hold states accountable for not obeying their own state laws. Here is just one example. Pennsylvania did not conduct the presidential election in 2020 according to Pennsylvania law. Fraudulent votes could have been cast as a result.

Forum List

Back