Poll says: U.S. less safe today than before 9/11

14 years of post 9-11 propaganda, and actual safety are very different things. Wouldn't use a poll of people's opinions as reliable indicator of real-world security.

14 years of post 9-11 propaganda, and actual safety are very different things. Wouldn't use a poll of people's opinions as reliable indicator of real-world security.

Yup --- such a poll prolly says more about the news media than anything else. After all, Fear $ells.

9/11 coincided with/directly followed the "flowering" (one uses the term ironically) of the blogosphere and Fox Noise was just five years old. Terrorism, Al Qaeda, Anthrax scares, Islamophobia -- these are goldmines to hair-on-fire pseudonews shit-stirrers.

Poll is a tool to control public's mind. This topic is more a propaganda from the government officials. It means: They are planning another terror attack which is bigger than 911 to divert public's mind from the trouble of US economic and blame everything at "terrorists" when US fall into a financial cliff.

Poll is a tool to control public's mind. This topic is more a propaganda from the government officials. It means: They are planning another terror attack which is bigger than 911 to divert public's mind from the trouble of US economic and blame everything at "terrorists" when US fall into a financial cliff.
One more big boom and government will lose credibility. I don't think they need any terror attack.

If that were the plan the poll would say the opposite. Think about it.

:cuckoo:

Sometimes I wonder why terrorists even bother planning to come after us when so many Americans choose to do their job for them by killing other Americans in one way or another.

God bless you and our homeland always!!!

Holly

Yet, doesn't it say that anti-terror legislation hasn't made us any safer.

Anti terror-laws like the Patriot Act promote disunity and the fear of a never-ending threat, not to mention discriminate against the very groups we want to be on our side (like Muslim Americans).

Right out of Orwell's playbook too, as there is always a 'enemy', be it 'communism' or 'terrorism'. Civil and political freedom is the price for false perceptions of 'security'.

If anything, the Navy Yard incident for example should prove how fallacious the notion is that a 'surveillance society' can stop a really determined person. The restrictions on our political and civil liberties aren't worth the price of a false hope that the state can stop all terrorist acts.

Anti terror-laws like the Patriot Act promote disunity and the fear of a never-ending threat, not to mention discriminate against the very groups we want to be on our side (like Muslim Americans).
Right you are, Americans killed the image of good Muslim in minds with the help of Patriot Act.

Right you are, Americans killed the image of good Muslim in minds with the help of Patriot Act.

Demonized Islam long before that. All the plane hijackings that used to happen were often by arab/muslim type groups. US assistance to the Taliban vs the Soviets was the last time we tried being nice to the arab world. And that was just because we hated the Soviets more. Ironicly though, for no solid reasons. Whereas arabs gave us pleanty of reasons to not like them.

We killed a lot of terrorists after 9/11. The US is now a bigger target as a result. The polls are correct, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have sent thousands of terrorists to their deaths. I will trade living in a safer world for killing those shit bags. I hope there are many more to come.

We killed a lot of terrorists after 9/11. The US is now a bigger target as a result. The polls are correct, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have sent thousands of terrorists to their deaths. I will trade living in a safer world for killing those shit bags. I hope there are many more to come.
I won't join you, you show yourself as a bad man, just like terrorists do! :2up:

Forum List

Back