POLL: Open the economy up and go back to work - Stay home and shutdown

Do you support reopening many US businesses 4/13/20, or prefer keeping the US shutdown longer

• Yes, Re-open the US economy such as small businesses to keep them from going bankrupt

Votes: 92 69.2%
  • No, do not open up small or big US businesses, COVID-19 is too dangerous to rush opening

Votes: 41 30.8%

• Total voters
I've always been attracted to the upper quintile, albeit them usually being social outcasts , and what i've noted is they may be God's in whatever they do best, but often lack the simple down to earth common sense to apply it toward the rest of their existence

~S~
But you cant have it both ways
Kind of like what they did in 2008, where all the working folks got kind of screwed.
Consider it the government paying you to STAY HOME, just as we paid soldiers to go overseas and fight Nazi's in foreign countries in World War II
As I said before, the ESSENTIAL SERVICES ECONOMY IS BOOMING RIGHT NOW. Its never been a better time to be employed in the production and distribution of FOOD and MEDICINE!
I guess it's nice to be considered 'essential' then....
Remember unemployed people
like me> non essential, & wanting to work?
Someone temporarily losing their non-essential service job is nothing compared to the disaster that is happening in hospitals across the country, especially New York City.
Grand, take a few months of w/out pay

and get back to us then

~S~

Sorry, but killing people to open up your non-essential job is not worth it for the country. STAY HOME AND SAVE LIVES! The country is at war with a PATHOGEN and people going to work in their non-essential business's provide the pathogen with a means to spread and kill more people.

There are homeless people out there in worse shape than these people at home from their non-essential business's. Don't aid the enemy, STAY HOME! This is a national effort to defeat the pathogen.
Non essential to who?

if your economic future depends on a small business that you built from the ground up its very essential to you

there are a lot of odd ducks on this forum who are retired or foreigners, or in some other way not part of the regular economy to begin with

but they dont represent most Americans
Essential typically means necessary for survival today. Essential does not mean necessary to retire to an acreage in 15 years.
I would not expect a liberal to understand free enterprise

libs tend to be students, government workers, cogs in a giant corporation or welfare bums

Not on USMB. They all seem to be business owners, work from home, independently wealthy, or early retired. I don't recall meeting one liberal on here that is a blue collar worker.

I've always been attracted to the upper quintile, albeit them usually being social outcasts , and what i've noted is they may be God's in whatever they do best, but often lack the simple down to earth common sense to apply it toward the rest of their existence

~S~
Kind of like what they did in 2008, where all the working folks got kind of screwed.
Consider it the government paying you to STAY HOME, just as we paid soldiers to go overseas and fight Nazi's in foreign countries in World War II
As I said before, the ESSENTIAL SERVICES ECONOMY IS BOOMING RIGHT NOW. Its never been a better time to be employed in the production and distribution of FOOD and MEDICINE!
Someone temporarily losing their non-essential service job is nothing compared to the disaster that is happening in hospitals across the country, especially New York City.

and get back to us then

~S~

Sorry, but killing people to open up your non-essential job is not worth it for the country. STAY HOME AND SAVE LIVES! The country is at war with a PATHOGEN and people going to work in their non-essential business's provide the pathogen with a means to spread and kill more people.

There are homeless people out there in worse shape than these people at home from their non-essential business's. Don't aid the enemy, STAY HOME! This is a national effort to defeat the pathogen.
Non essential to who?

if your economic future depends on a small business that you built from the ground up its very essential to you

there are a lot of odd ducks on this forum who are retired or foreigners, or in some other way not part of the regular economy to begin with

Essential typically means necessary for survival today. Essential does not mean necessary to retire to an acreage in 15 years.

libs tend to be students, government workers, cogs in a giant corporation or welfare bums

Not on USMB. They all seem to be business owners, work from home, independently wealthy, or early retired. I don't recall meeting one liberal on here that is a blue collar worker.

There’s a lot of prejudice against liberals. I’ve been told many times by USMB members that I cannot be successful simply because I have liberal political views.

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

There’s a lot of prejudice against liberals. I’ve been told many times by USMB members that I cannot be successful simply because I have liberal political views.

I'm just giving my observation. I've been here almost five years, and have been in other forums before this one. It's like that everywhere I go. Every liberal is at least college educated. Every liberal has a business or is independently wealthy, or early retired because they made so much money in life. Me??? I'm the only truck driver in the place.

Why don't I believe it? Because I do know "real" wealthy people and business owners, and very few are for Democrat plans of ridiculous taxation, tons of business regulations, more government control of businesses, and a high national minimum wage. These are things the poor usually embrace.

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

Silly billy. I’m a business owner but one who has their priorities straight.
Is so you should not be dumping hate on small businesses that being hit the hardest by this economic shutdown

I was only dumping on the idea that the economic shutdown is more important than the health and lives of our fellow Americans.
Bullshit

Your stupid comment about retiring in 15 years to acreage was nothing but you looking down on small businesses that are working on a small margin between success and failure

I was only looking down on you and your opinion. The small business owners I know that have shut down are doing so to help the community because that’s their first priority.

Your attitude reflects the opposite.
Thats a typical lib reaction to anyone that disagrees with you

But how can you be sure that all the small businesses you are laughing at are owned by republican white males who married their baby‘s momma’s and believe in God?

you could be celebrating the demise of some of your own kind

What the hell are you talking about?

I explained why I think you’re wrong. You’ve just whined and bitched about me.
I am reacting to your opening comment about retiring in 15 years to acreage that you have yet to take back

Was I not being PC enough for you?
You were being very lib pc by smearing a group that liberals detest

Last edited:

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

Yeah, they all have trophy wives or boyfriends too

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

I'm just giving my observation. I've been here almost five years, and have been in other forums before this one. It's like that everywhere I go. Every liberal is at least college educated. Every liberal has a business or is independently wealthy, or early retired because they made so much money in life. Me??? I'm the only truck driver in the place.

Why don't I believe it? Because I do know "real" wealthy people and business owners, and very few are for Democrat plans of ridiculous taxation, tons of business regulations, more government control of businesses, and a high national minimum wage. These are things the poor usually embrace.
Liberals claim to be business owners yet they think its as easy as putting a sign over the door and raking in the money

they are clueless

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

Id be careful about using your personal anecdotes. We typically associate with people of like minds or perhaps live in areas of similar political beliefs.

Im in medicine. I’ve practiced in red states where the majority of private practice docs were bitching nonstop over government regulations and I’ve practiced in blue states were thankful that things like the ACA reduced the number uninsured.

I live in a very liberal area of a swing state. A local business owner I know is the biggest Bernie supporter out there. They already pay their employees a living wage because they feel it’s the right thing to do. They provided them health benefits through the ACA. They aren’t worried about tax rates for the 1% since they’re decidedly middle class. They’re a part of the community and shut down to help protect the people.

Anyway, believe what you want. It’s the internet so always with a grain of salt. I just get rubbed the wrong way when people accuse me of lying simply because of their own prejudice.

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

Jesus ...stop playing the ignorant victim.

I've been blue collar most of my life. Union HVAC...then project manager.

I put my life savings into a small business (now limping along on delivery and curbside pick up)

I appreciate the difficulty of being a trucker especially now...but put aside your moronic partisan bullshit...ya think?

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

Is so you should not be dumping hate on small businesses that being hit the hardest by this economic shutdown

I was only dumping on the idea that the economic shutdown is more important than the health and lives of our fellow Americans.
Bullshit

Your stupid comment about retiring in 15 years to acreage was nothing but you looking down on small businesses that are working on a small margin between success and failure

I was only looking down on you and your opinion. The small business owners I know that have shut down are doing so to help the community because that’s their first priority.

But how can you be sure that all the small businesses you are laughing at are owned by republican white males who married their baby‘s momma’s and believe in God?

I am reacting to your opening comment about retiring in 15 years to acreage that you have yet to take back

I wasn’t smearing a group. I was attacking your logic. You don’t speak for all small business owners. Or did I miss the vote making you the spokesman?

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

Liberals claim to be business owners yet they think its as easy as putting a sign over the door and raking in the money

they are clueless

I usually believe when a righty tells me they own a business. That's because their political stance supports a government that is behind business. It just makes no sense to me how a small business person could support a party that's against them.

Now, if you are a pot smoker that can't get any decent paying job due to drug testing, sure, it makes sense to support a party that wants to force industry to overpay you, give you healthcare you can't buy yourself, and tax that evil person or company you're working for.

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

Bullshit

I wasn’t smearing a group. I was attacking your logic. You don’t speak for all small business owners. Or did I miss the vote making you the spokesman?
I wrote:

“if your economic future depends on a small business that you built from the ground up its very essential to you”

and you respond by babbling about retirement in 15 years to acreage

you clearly have led a sheltered life

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

they are clueless

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

Bullshit

I wrote:

“if your economic future depends on a small business that you built from the ground up its very essential to you”

yeah. And I responded by stating your logic is flawed. We are talking about responding to a crisis as a nation by working back to what is essential for the community.

And you responded by determining what is essential for an individual.

Your focusing on the individual over the community is not the right thing to do now.

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

they are clueless

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

Bullshit

I wrote:

yeah. And I responded by stating your logic is flawed. We are talking about responding to a crisis as a nation by working back to what is essential for the community.

Your focusing on the individual over the community is not the right thing to do now.

Isn't it a fact that socialists and fascists NEVER care for individual rights?

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

they are clueless

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

Bullshit

I wrote:

The individual is part of the community..............made up of individuals..........when too many individuals lose their ability to make a living the community get's fucked one individual at a time...........The guy that loses everything doesn't give a shit about what you just said..........he just LOST EVERYTHING.......

Now I know you'll say .......WE ARE SAVING HIS LIFE..........No you aren't.........this virus is gonna hit most of this country no matter what we do..........this PAUSE is to stop the flood into Medical areas...........and to buy time...........without a Vaccine and VERY VERY SOON.........it's gonna take it's course...........You can't stop the Flu.........so you sure as hell can't stop this.

Sweden has said FUCK THIS NONSENSE..........They stayed open.....kids are going to school.......they did the warnings.................AND SAID LIFE GOES ON...................

Meaning..........MOST OF THEIR COUNTRY WILL GET THIS QUICK.............We shall see the STATISTICS of what that really means from SWEDEN.

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

they are clueless

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

Bullshit

I wrote:

During times of national emergency, our nation has always focused at fighting the emergency at the cost of individual rights.

Previous generations haven’t been nearly so whiny about it.

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

they are clueless

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

Bullshit

I wrote:

During times of national emergency, our nation has always focused at fighting the emergency at the cost of individual rights.

Over a 100,000 Americans died in 1957 and 1968 ..........the world didn't get shut down for it..........

Perhaps Tricky dick caused a lot of the Stock Market BS with coming off Gold though..........so the Money laundered bets from the Federal Reserve don't screw the country when someone FARTS.

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

they are clueless

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

Bullshit

I wrote:

Over a 100,000 Americans died in 1957 and 1968 ..........the world didn't get shut down for it..........

Perhaps Tricky dick caused a lot of the Stock Market BS with coming off Gold though..........so the Money laundered bets from the Federal Reserve don't screw the country when someone FARTS.

Still not nearly as bad as COVID-19.

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

they are clueless

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

Bullshit

I wrote:

What logic of mine led you to smear small business owners as fat cats?

You and other libs here have a dismissive attitude towards small business because they are not giggly ecstatic about throwing away years of hard word

but unlike your alleged little circle of libs, for most small businessmen this shutdown does not merely mean 16 years till they buy the private island in the Caribbean instead of only 15

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

they are clueless

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

Bullshit

I wrote:

Historical evidence shows that the government CREATES the "emergency" and WE THE PEOPLE pay the consequences.

Hopefully the people will put stop to that BS

Forum List

Back