POLL: Open the economy up and go back to work - Stay home and shutdown

Do you support reopening many US businesses 4/13/20, or prefer keeping the US shutdown longer

• Yes, Re-open the US economy such as small businesses to keep them from going bankrupt

Votes: 92 69.2%
  • No, do not open up small or big US businesses, COVID-19 is too dangerous to rush opening

Votes: 41 30.8%

• Total voters
What are we going to do in 6 months when the next flu season starts, shut down again? ...

It is not influenca, it's Corona. A totally unknown new infection whch makes the desease covid-19. Example: Some days ago a 47 years old man was without symptoms and broke suddenly down and needed within 2 hours a respirator. He got a place in a clinic and we hope he will survive. It needs sometimes up to 4 weeks artificial respiration. This is totally untypical for all viruses which we know.

In the moment exists not any vaccine and not any specialized medicament in the fight against this virus. We are in a justified hope to find them - but it's wrong to speak about bridges before to come to them. We are working on many possible solutions with the highest speed, which is senseful. For sure it will need months and in worst case 1 or 2 years. As long as possible try to keep control. Do not give up. Fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, fight ... This god damned virus will not win.

Last edited:
I would be ecstatic to go back to having the same kind of jobs that I had before, and so do all of you, my friends.

I've always been attracted to the upper quintile, albeit them usually being social outcasts , and what i've noted is they may be God's in whatever they do best, but often lack the simple down to earth common sense to apply it toward the rest of their existence

~S~
But you cant have it both ways
Kind of like what they did in 2008, where all the working folks got kind of screwed.
Consider it the government paying you to STAY HOME, just as we paid soldiers to go overseas and fight Nazi's in foreign countries in World War II
As I said before, the ESSENTIAL SERVICES ECONOMY IS BOOMING RIGHT NOW. Its never been a better time to be employed in the production and distribution of FOOD and MEDICINE!
I guess it's nice to be considered 'essential' then....
Remember unemployed people
like me> non essential, & wanting to work?
Someone temporarily losing their non-essential service job is nothing compared to the disaster that is happening in hospitals across the country, especially New York City.
Grand, take a few months of w/out pay

and get back to us then

~S~

Sorry, but killing people to open up your non-essential job is not worth it for the country. STAY HOME AND SAVE LIVES! The country is at war with a PATHOGEN and people going to work in their non-essential business's provide the pathogen with a means to spread and kill more people.

There are homeless people out there in worse shape than these people at home from their non-essential business's. Don't aid the enemy, STAY HOME! This is a national effort to defeat the pathogen.
Non essential to who?

if your economic future depends on a small business that you built from the ground up its very essential to you

there are a lot of odd ducks on this forum who are retired or foreigners, or in some other way not part of the regular economy to begin with

but they dont represent most Americans
Essential typically means necessary for survival today. Essential does not mean necessary to retire to an acreage in 15 years.

I've always been attracted to the upper quintile, albeit them usually being social outcasts , and what i've noted is they may be God's in whatever they do best, but often lack the simple down to earth common sense to apply it toward the rest of their existence

~S~
Kind of like what they did in 2008, where all the working folks got kind of screwed.
Consider it the government paying you to STAY HOME, just as we paid soldiers to go overseas and fight Nazi's in foreign countries in World War II
As I said before, the ESSENTIAL SERVICES ECONOMY IS BOOMING RIGHT NOW. Its never been a better time to be employed in the production and distribution of FOOD and MEDICINE!
Someone temporarily losing their non-essential service job is nothing compared to the disaster that is happening in hospitals across the country, especially New York City.

and get back to us then

~S~

Sorry, but killing people to open up your non-essential job is not worth it for the country. STAY HOME AND SAVE LIVES! The country is at war with a PATHOGEN and people going to work in their non-essential business's provide the pathogen with a means to spread and kill more people.

There are homeless people out there in worse shape than these people at home from their non-essential business's. Don't aid the enemy, STAY HOME! This is a national effort to defeat the pathogen.
Non essential to who?

if your economic future depends on a small business that you built from the ground up its very essential to you

there are a lot of odd ducks on this forum who are retired or foreigners, or in some other way not part of the regular economy to begin with

Essential typically means necessary for survival today. Essential does not mean necessary to retire to an acreage in 15 years.
I would not expect a liberal to understand free enterprise

libs tend to be students, government workers, cogs in a giant corporation or welfare bums

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

libs tend to be students, government workers, cogs in a giant corporation or welfare bums

Silly billy. I’m a business owner but one who has their priorities straight.

I am as well. I do not know if I would have shut my business down without a mandated stay at home order. It felt like a death sentence. Hopefully it's not but in hindsight...I KNOW it was the right thing to do

Which is why states like Florida that have NOT issued that mandate need to do so immediately

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

Is so you should not be dumping hate on small businesses that are being hit the hardest by this economic shutdown

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

Is so you should not be dumping hate on small businesses that being hit the hardest by this economic shutdown

I was only dumping on the idea that the economic shutdown is more important than the health and lives of our fellow Americans.

Is so you should not be dumping hate on small businesses that are being hit the hardest by this economic shutdown
Colfax and I are SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS...you friggin dolt

I am as well. I do not know if I would have shut my business down without a mandated stay at home order. It felt like a death sentence. Hopefully it's not but in hindsight...I KNOW it was the right thing to do

Which is why states like Florida that have NOT issued that mandate need to do so immediately
I think it could be the best thing to do

no one has absolute knowledge so it may take time to know what we did right and what may be overreaction

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

Is so you should not be dumping hate on small businesses that being hit the hardest by this economic shutdown

I was only dumping on the idea that the economic shutdown is more important than the health and lives of our fellow Americans.
Bullshit

Your stupid comment about retiring in 15 years to acreage was nothing but you looking down on small businesses that are working on a small margin between success and failure

I think it could be the best thing to do

no one has absolute knowledge so it may take time to know what we did right and what may be overreaction

We don’t make that decision. The government does. That’s what they’re there for. If they get it wrong, they will be held responsible.

Colfax and I are SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS...you friggin dolt
I have not attacked you on this issue

Colfax is a big tough guy with all the answers and he can certainly defend himself

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

Bullshit

Your stupid comment about retiring in 15 years to acreage was nothing but you looking down on small businesses that are working on a small margin between success and failure

I was only looking down on you and your opinion. The small business owners I know that have shut down are doing so to help the community because that’s their first priority.

Your attitude reflects the opposite.

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

Bullshit

I was only looking down on you and your opinion. The small business owners I know that have shut down are doing so to help the community because that’s their first priority.

Thats a typical lib reaction to anyone that disagrees with you

But how can you be sure that all the small businesses you are laughing at are owned by republican white males who married their baby‘s momma’s and believe in God?

you could be celebrating the demise of some of your own kind

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

Bullshit

But how can you be sure that all the small businesses you are laughing at are owned by republican white males who married their baby‘s momma’s and believe in God?

What the hell are you talking about?

I explained why I think you’re wrong. You’ve just whined and bitched about me.

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

Bullshit

The small business owners I know that have shut down are doing so to help the community because that’s their first priority.

I would say that most small businesses are cooperating with the community while hoping that they dont lose their life savings when the business fails

but you obviously would not understand that

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

Bullshit

I am reacting to your opening comment about retiring in 15 years to acreage that you have yet to take back

~S~

and get back to us then

~S~

Non essential to who?

Bullshit

I am reacting to your opening comment about retiring in 15 years to acreage that you have yet to take back

Was I not being PC enough for you?

Forum List

Back