POLL: Open the economy up and go back to work - Stay home and shutdown

Do you support reopening many US businesses 4/13/20, or prefer keeping the US shutdown longer

• Yes, Re-open the US economy such as small businesses to keep them from going bankrupt

Votes: 92 69.2%
  • No, do not open up small or big US businesses, COVID-19 is too dangerous to rush opening

Votes: 41 30.8%

• Total voters
Forget it. We're already going to be the new COVID-19 epicenter of the world. We'll just have to brace up and get through the depression.
Depression is a state of mind. Inactivity perpetuates it.

the dems want a depression, they think it will help senile Joe win. They are wrong, but thats their hope.

No its not. the curve is flattening,
WTF?

Pure bullshit

Do you just lie for the hell of it?

look at the CDC stats. turn off CNN, they are filling your little head with BS.
That's bullshit. If you have a link post it

Otherwise stop lying

"If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968)...."

It's not the flu, it's not the flu.....oh, shit it's the flu.

We've been seeing a lot of reworking of these types of numbers over the past few days and most, if not all, that I've seen indicate that this was highly overestimated in terms of mortality rate and other metrics.

NOT discussing bringing elements of the economy back online in light of this data makes no sense whatsoever.

No its not. the curve is flattening,
WTF?

Pure bullshit

Do you just lie for the hell of it?

look at the CDC stats. turn off CNN, they are filling your little head with BS.
That's bullshit. If you have a link post it

Otherwise stop lying

You can post a link to a comic book site that would support your idiotic claim as well.,

No where in that link does it say that the curve has flattened.

Stop lying

"If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968)...."

We've been seeing a lot of reworking of these types of numbers over the past few days and most, if not all, that I've seen indicate that this was highly overestimated in terms of mortality rate and other metrics.

NOT discussing bringing elements of the economy back online in light of this data makes no sense whatsoever.
Cases are increasing. Geographical areas where this is hitting is broadening. Deaths are increasing

Not taking this extremely seriously is dangerously stupid

Please answer

A -- I work in the public sector and am getting paid to stay home, so NO to allowing businesses to operate. more vacation, please!

B -- I live off the government, and as long as my welfare checks keep coming, who cares. I vote no!

C -- Mom and Dad tell me I will be able to stay here in the basement and Mom even brought me a plate of cookies to make me feel better. I vote no.

D -- I work for a living in the private sector and am being absolutely devastated by this financially and may end up losing everything I have. I vote yes.

Please answer

A -- I work in the public sector and am getting paid to stay home, so NO to allowing businesses to operate. more vacation, please!

B -- I live off the government, and as long as my welfare checks keep coming, who cares. I vote no!

C -- Mom and Dad tell me I will be able to stay here in the basement and Mom even brought me a plate of cookies to make me feel better. I vote no.

D -- I work for a living in the private sector and am being absolutely devastated by this financially and may end up losing everything I have. I vote yes.
D,

But there is NO OTHER CHOICE

In the main hospital in Albany Georgia, every bed is full with Coronavirus patients. They have no more capacity left. That NEVER happens during flu season, and it is starting to happen in multiple cities around the country whether small or large! You'll soon see make shift morgues to handle the dead outside these hospitals as the body count rises. Does that happen during flu season? NO!

You wanna know why this is not the FLU, just ask any ER doctor in New York City! This is an unprecedented disaster! No one is going to go back to work to a non-essential service because that aids the virus in finding new host and increases the number of people that die.

There were 54,000 infections on March 24 in the United States. By the end of the day on March 27, there were 104,000 infections. That level of exponential growth, doubling every 3 to 4 days, will produce 5 million infections by Easter and a death toll of 50,000! The ENEMY, this PATHOGEN, has to be defeated before any non-essential service can open up again. Take this exponential growth to the end of April, and 1 million Americans would die because over 100 million would be infected! The daily infection rate increase must be cut from the average of 22% down below 8% and SOON!

In the main hospital in Albany Georgia, every bed is full with Coronavirus patients. They have no more capacity left. That NEVER happens during flu season, and it is starting to happen in multiple cities around the country whether small or large! You'll soon see make shift morgues to handle the dead outside these hospitals as the body count rises. Does that happen during flu season? NO!

You wanna know why this is not the FLU, just ask any ER doctor in New York City! This is an unprecedented disaster! No one is going to go back to work to a non-essential service because that aids the virus in finding new host and increases the number of people that die.

There were 54,000 infections on March 24 in the United States. By the end of the day on March 27, there were 104,000 infections. That level of exponential growth, doubling every 3 to 4 days, will produce 5 million infections by Easter and a death toll of 50,000! The ENEMY, this PATHOGEN, has to be defeated before any non-essential service can open up again. Take this exponential growth to the end of April, and 1 million Americans would die because over 100 million would be infected! The daily infection rate increase must be cut from the average of 22% down below 8% and SOON!

Yes, and that's why we're trying to flatten the curve to keep from overwhelming the medical system, which makes sense, however, these prognostications of millions dead are looking increasingly wrong.

I cited the article. Fauci's name is on it, BTW. If you'd like to take issue with it, go ahead.

We are seeing growth in the numbers of cases here because we've just implemented larger scale testing and, of course, it is still spreading. Everyone, literally everyone, expected the numbers to spike once larger scale testing was implemented and, of course, they are.

Discussing opening up sections of the economy where the data indicates lesser risk makes sense. I know you think we should basically just dig a hole and climb in, as I've seen your posts, but we cannot do that indefinitely. If the data says otherwise, and it is beginning to look like the early numbers were flat wrong, that makes no sense. We have to strike a balance here.....

Cases are increasing. Geographical areas where this is hitting is broadening. Deaths are increasing

Not taking this extremely seriously is dangerously stupid

Tell that to Fauci. His name is on the article too.

Or are we NOT to listen to him today?

Now that Trump has done a great thing by sending out checks, what is the rush to expose everyone to this virus? This is far and away the BEST bill America has created in a very long time.

I'm seeing a lot of discussion but can't figure out who has the majority.

To re-open the US economy in a limited fashion around Easter Monday (4/13/20) with masks, social distancing, no sports venues, no cruises, or major crowds, just minimal re-opening businesses. The object is to keep as many companies in-business as possible.

Or, keep the economy and businesses shutdown until the coronavirus (COVID-19) is under control as recommended by the doctors, even if that means that many businesses would NOT re-open due to the lost revenue and bankruptcy.

We can not let this thing beat us...The economy needs to get going again with the understanding that people must pay attention to their surroundings, and practice good hygine...

Now that Trump has done a great thing by sending out checks, what is the rush to expose everyone to this virus? This is far and away the BEST bill America has created in a very long time.

Because we are American's...We don't expect something for nothing...You seem like you want to just sit on ass and recieve a check...

And people need to avoid each other for awhile yet. You can open everything back up again but 90 percent of people are going to stay home anyway and avoid stores, etc. Rightfully so.

Forum List

Back