POLL: Open the economy up and go back to work - Stay home and shutdown

Do you support reopening many US businesses 4/13/20, or prefer keeping the US shutdown longer

• Yes, Re-open the US economy such as small businesses to keep them from going bankrupt

Votes: 92 69.2%
  • No, do not open up small or big US businesses, COVID-19 is too dangerous to rush opening

Votes: 41 30.8%

• Total voters
I voted yes but I also believe that although this virus somehow is a scam, this stay-at-home order is to give us an advantage against a secret calamity. With that in mind, I rather would be making money and take my chances.

FBC9C721-2172-4F33-9619-4407655E7F99.jpeg

I voted yes but I also believe that although this virus somehow is a scam, this stay-at-home order is to give us an advantage against a secret calamity. With that in mind, I rather would be making money and take my chances.
The number of dead is no scam. We need to get past the peak, get medications or anti-bodies, maybe a summer break in infections, then get back to work. We don't want to waste this pause and have it roar back. Betting we start going back to work late April or early May. Not all at once, but on a business by business case.

The number of dead is no scam and is very small as to the percentage of population and infected population

The number of careers, employments and bussinesses being made dead is no scam either.

Funny how we are updated daily on the amount of new infections or deaths, yet never updated on the amount of people who recovered, or were never hospitalized in the first place. The media knows how their bread is buttered, don't they?

The number of dead is no scam and is very small as to the percentage of population and infected population

The number of careers, employments and bussinesses being made dead is no scam either.

Funny how we are updated daily on the amount of new infections or deaths, yet never updated on the amount of people who recovered, or were never hospitalized in the first place. The media knows how their bread is buttered, don't they?
Comparative stats, even if reasonably scientific estimates, have been unprovided most likely because the do not support a wholesale shutdown of the USA. Liberals always ignore the long term consequences to get their short term benefits. Right now the short term bennie is another emotionally addled demand that people be locked down in order to assure that the fact absent have the remotest possible chance of becoming sick.

The number of dead is no scam. We need to get past the peak, get medications or anti-bodies, maybe a summer break in infections, then get back to work. We don't want to waste this pause and have it roar back. Betting we start going back to work late April or early May. Not all at once, but on a business by business case.

I think we're going to have a problem with that. Laura was interviewing a doctor about the summer having an impact on this thing, and unlike flu, in warmer climates, the weather is not changing anything.

Clinical studies are now being conducted with hydroxychloroquine among the many others. And if it's proven to work as effectively as it has here and other countries, that could be a breakthrough when it comes to fatalities with this virus. The FDA only gave approval of using it for COVID-19 last week.

I think another big game changer is masks. When we get to the point enough N-95 masks are plentiful enough to sell to the general public, that could greatly reduce new infections.

I'm seeing a lot of discussion but can't figure out who has the majority.

To re-open the US economy in a limited fashion around Easter Monday (4/13/20) with masks, social distancing, no sports venues, no cruises, or major crowds, just minimal re-opening businesses. The object is to keep as many companies in-business as possible.

Or, keep the economy and businesses shutdown until the coronavirus (COVID-19) is under control as recommended by the doctors, even if that means that many businesses would NOT re-open due to the lost revenue and bankruptcy.
Like it or not, if never listened to experts, millions would be feed a year from now.

I voted yes provided that all u.s. businesses have since learned upon how to keep their employee's safe, and that they will have changed their platforms in order to combat the problem further. No educational show of understanding, and no actions taken to operate safely, then the doors should be closed until training courses are actually given to the companies who were in violation of the response efforts.

I know of companies that are essential businesses, yet they waited way to long before they began to take the data more seriously. Greed had taken precedence over safety in some cases I fear, and the caring for the employee's operating on the front lines was late because of it.

Now they are beginning to get with the program, but was it to late ??? So far so good, but it's to soon to tell if any damage was done. Praying that no problems occured due to the late response. I do understand the uneducated response due to the lack of knowledge early on, but common sense seemed to be lacking once the knowledge became more and more available, and that's a problem.

Great points.

The deadline for gradual going back to work should be May 1st, not a day longer. Any business that can reopen sooner should do so

The deadline for gradual going back to work should be May 1st, not a day longer. Any business that can reopen sooner should do so

I think it should only apply to states that have much less problems than others. I also think that we cannot return to normal until every citizen has access to N-95 masks, a vaccine is passed by the FDA, or both.

Here is a site that has the "recovered" and "active case" numbers

Here is the site for the number of US tests daily

Here is a dashboard for the virus, click on "US" then in lower right corner "daily increases". It looks like we're at or very near the peak, or is it a plateau????

I watch the daily updates from Gov Cuomo. NY looks to be at their peak and have enough beds, ventilators, staff, and PPE to get thru thanks to Trump and the added hospital capacity: Javits Center (2500) beds, the USN Comfort (1000) beds, and many mobile hospitals. As well as the Evangelical mobile hospital in Central Park sent there by Franklin Graham.

Here is a site that has the "recovered" and "active case" numbers

Here is the site for the number of US tests daily

Here is a dashboard for the virus, click on "US" then in lower right corner "daily increases". It looks like we're at or very near the peak, or is it a plateau????

I watch the daily updates from Gov Cuomo. NY looks to be at their peak and have enough beds, ventilators, staff, and PPE to get thru thanks to Trump and the added hospital capacity: Javits Center (2500) beds, the USN Comfort (1000) beds, and many mobile hospitals. As well as the Evangelical mobile hospital in Central Park sent there by Franklin Graham.

I didn't mean you couldn't find the numbers. What I meant is that it's not part of our daily updates on the MSM like the death count, people of notoriety that died, amount of new cases are. Those figures are updated every single day on all major news networks. Go to Google news, and I bet you can't find one positive story about this virus.

Forum List

Back